PDA

View Full Version : The Purge Locker

Melissa_59
04-04-2014, 08:40 AM
I might be giving away a money making idea but someone should start a "Purge Locker." The idea is simple - storage for crossdressers who get to that point (often several times) where they decide to purge everything and stop dressing.

That way in two months / six months /whenever, when they decide "enough is enough" and they want to start dressing again they can simply go get their belongings back and not have to start over from scratch. That would have saved me so much money at this point. I sigh when I think of all the shoes, wigs, skirts and blouses I tossed.

Never purging again!

Krisi
04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Storage lockers are available in most parts of the country. Nobody knows or cares what you keep in them. Besides, if you are giving up crossdressing, why would you pay to store your stuff?

Katey888
04-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Sadly Melissa, I don't think that's likely to cut it on 'Dragons Den'... :D

Been thinking about the principle of purging (yeah - it's always running through the back of my mind too: "Just one more massive Purge and I'll be cured.... :facepalm: ) - I think my solution would be this;

- Only keep the good stuff - maximum sufficient to fill an old 3 or 4 drawer filing cabinet
- Buy an old metal 3 or 4 drawer filing cabinet (they have to be cheap now - we're in the world of the paperless office, right... :roflmao:)
- Fill said filing cabinet in garage with Purge
- Lock cabinet - place key in safe deposit box/ bury in plastic box somewhere in back garden (just find somewhere relatively safe but hard to access)
- Carry on until Denial has passed and acceptance of whatever degree of TG/GD one experiences returns (and hope you've not put on 30 pounds...)

No storage charges - one-off payment - local access if needed in emergency

Can you get pink metal filing cabs...? :)

Katey x

Beverley Sims
04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
An interesting point Krisi.

Have you ever tried to give up dressing?

If not, try it sometime. :)

Caden Lane
04-04-2014, 11:35 AM
The sorority I just started intends to have space for storage on site. Whether it's for dressing purposes or purging purposes. So the idea is already on the drawing board. But if more places offered something like this, more crossdressers might come stumbling out of the closet! LoL

sherri
04-04-2014, 11:47 AM
A great sentiment but prolly not a terribly practical idea. The buddy system would be nice too, having someone to hold your stuff til you're sure you're sure, but heck, most of us don't have room for our own stuff, let alone someone else's. Really the only thing we can do is remind each other that the odds are 10 to 1 that you will regret purging, so just box it up and let the idea simmer for awhile before you do something you'll regret. I've purged twice, emotional decisions both times, and they were costly mistakes. My wardrobe took a major hit and I still haven't replaced all the things I lost. Dumb dumb dumb. I know I'll never do it again until I know I'm too old and ill to ever dress again.

Still, I think most of us would like to be free of that little nagging worry about our stash being discovered should something unexpected happen to us. That's the problem I'd like to find a practical solution for, but I can't imagine what it would be.

Caden Lane
04-04-2014, 11:58 AM
When I went in for surgery, my GF asked me what she should destroy if something happened to me. I told her where everything was, what containers it was in. She agreed to get it and destroy it. That's the only sort of solution I see to the end of life dilemma. Have at least one person you trust immeasurably handle it.

sherri
04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
That prolly is the only realistic solution, Caden. Wish I knew someone like that.

One suggestion -- rather than destroy everything, I would prefer the bulk of my stuff go to a support group or a good samaritan organization. But there are a few risque things that definitely need to go in the trash! ;-P

Julie M
04-04-2014, 03:15 PM
>>"When I went in for surgery, my GF asked me what she should destroy if something happened to me. I told her where everything was, what containers it was in. She agreed to get it and destroy it. That's the only sort of solution I see to the end of life dilemma. Have at least one person you trust immeasurably handle it."

> "That prolly is the only realistic solution, Caden. Wish I knew someone like that."

Don't throw tomatoes at me, but that is where (good) lawyers and estate plans can bring peace of mind! Instructions for what needs to be 'taken care of' as well as dealing with all the other stuff at the end of one's existence.

You might have to do some shopping for TG and cross-dressing friendly lawyers (since they don't usually advertise that way), but you can very easily make any sort of arrangement like that. It won't be free (they do get paid for taking care of things after-all) and you'll want to make sure things are up to date but it can be done and a lawyer isn't going to care what your 'politics' are if you do your shopping and find the right one. Large firms are probably not where you want to look. Small firms and solo practitioners tend to be where the attorney is willing to take a bit more time and help the client achieve exactly what they are wanting (and are very discrete.) They also tend to cost a bit less. ;-)

Rhanda
04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
If anyone wants to purge and wears size 16 or 18 let me know. I can borrow or purchase some of your things.

Rhanda

sherri
04-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Don't throw tomatoes at me, but that is where (good) lawyers and estate plans can bring peace of mind! Instructions for what needs to be 'taken care of' as well as dealing with all the other stuff at the end of one's existence. How would that work exactly? I have a heart attack, the EMTs call my lawyer first (because I have "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL MY LAWYER FIRST" tattooed on my forehead) and he rushes over to haul off my stuff before anyone else shows up?

BLUE ORCHID
04-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi Melisssa , The rules for purging,

Rule #1. Don't purge !

Rule #2. If you feel that you must purge, See rule #1. AGAIN !

kim28
04-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Great idea! It's nice to know I am not the only one who has done that..purge and buy cycle

Deedee Skyblue
04-05-2014, 01:40 AM
The purpose of a purge is to get rid of everything connected to dressing so the one doing the purge can quit. Putting things in storage kind of defeats the purpose. It basically says 'I know I'm going to fail'. If you know you are going to fail at something, why do it? If you really want to succeed at something, why keep stuff around that makes it easier to fail?

Deedee

rob921
04-05-2014, 01:41 AM
Would be a great idea because both times I've purged I've really regretted it later and wish I would have never done it to this day I thin about the wigs make up clothing ect ect I've tossed in the periods and I wish I still had

Krisi
04-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I agree with Deedee.

Caden Lane
04-05-2014, 12:33 PM
But as was posted earlier; there is simply no point to purging, because purging doesn't make any of this go away. It's an impractical and impossible method of a "cure". So to say there is no point to stashing items that'd be purged, is a ridiculous notion. Especially when you take into account that the learned conclusion is that purges do not work. Once I went to a therapist, I no longer had a desire or need to purge. My shame and guilt were nonexistent. I have no regrets, save for the items and time I lost through the years due to silly purges that accomplished nothing. You are not doing anyone a favor by suggesting that a purge has any use whatsoever, save to make a sister have regrets later on. You'd be better served as would they, of recommending a therapist.

Deedee Skyblue
04-05-2014, 04:49 PM
If you are purging, you must believe it is going to work, or desperately want it to work. In either case, you wouldn't keep your stuff in storage.

Deedee