PDA

View Full Version : Wife gave me my dress back

connie johnson
04-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Hi everybody.

I have been dressing around my wife for most of our 30+ years together, she really supports me :). About two years ago my wife and I were shopping. I spotted a nice mid length animal print dress that I wanted :daydreaming:. She looked at me and asked, with a confused look on her face, You like that dress? I don't like it but if you want it we'll get it. I said yes I wanted it. We finished our shopping, checked out and went home. While we were unpacking she took the dress out of the bag, looked at it and said "I think I'll keep this dress":eek: I just gave her a look and let her have the dress. We are roughly the same size but we normally do not wear each others clothes so I knew it was gone for me. She rarely wore it during the last two years. Fast forward to two weeks ago. We were cleaning out the closet getting ready to have new carpet installed. She was going through her clothes getting rid of things she hardly ever wears when she came to the dress she said "here, you can have this back if you want". I took it from her with a big smile on my face and added it to my wardrobe. I'm wearing it now and I love it.:o:o:o

Claire Cook
04-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing it. I wonder how many others have had experiences like this?

A couple of years agoI picked up a nice dress at a consignment shop but made the mistake of not trying it on -- sure enough, when I got home I couldn't zip up the back :straightface: . I gave it to my wife, but she hasn't worn it yet ... wish she would since it would look good on her.

mechamoose
04-05-2014, 07:38 AM
My wife has stolen 2 skirts and has "borrowed" tops multiple times. Be happy that she thinks you have good taste!!

- MM

Krisi
04-05-2014, 08:10 AM
My wife and I are pretty much the same size in tops and some bottoms. Lots of times what we bought for one of us ends up on the other side of the closet. It's fun and it makes things easier.

connie johnson
04-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Yea, She's great. I also scored a couple pair of shoes and a little summer dress she wanted to get rid of.

Teresa
04-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Hi Connie, I wish I could have scored on some shoe my wife cleared out but Uk male size 8 won't go into Uk womens size 3, we can swap blouses and skirts but she buys close fitting summer dresses and that zip just won't go up. I commented on her smart corporate work wear and she didn't rule out getting me a summer and winter coloured blouse if they still issue them.

sanderlay
04-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Great story... the give and take in a relationship. Made me smile!

Thanks! :)

Beverley Sims
04-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Connie,
It's nice to share. :)

alyssamc
04-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Okay so I am envious of all you ladies that have a supportive wife and happen to be close to the same size!