PDA

View Full Version : Where are you on the Crossdressing Curve?

Lacy PJs
04-05-2014, 02:02 PM
We have no doubt all taken online or even printed surveys where you are asked to answer a question based on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being... well, you know.

When I read the posts here, I often wonder where the posters are on a crossdressing scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being that you occasionally pull on some panties in the privacy of your own home and 10 being that you are pretty much a full-timer. I'll even add an 11 for those who have transitioned; but if you have made that change, then I'd think you are no longer a "cross" dresser but you are now dressing gender-appropriate.

You might want to put your answer in the title of your post then go on to explain it a little in the message itself if you would like.

I'll go first... I'll give myself a "3". I only dress in the privacy of my home, usually in the evening in mostly PJs, babydolls, or gowns and an occasional leotard & tights. Other than that... no forms, no make-up, no wig, no shoes... and no real desire to go much farther.

Have fun!

Lacy PJs

NathalieX66
04-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Not quite 11 but I'm grateful to have awesome cool friends that are 11 on the scale of 1 to 10. I'm just a mere 8 or 9.

Adriana Moretti
04-05-2014, 02:15 PM
8 Ish ??? Maybe 9 ....But I have no intrest in going full time...i wont be going any further ...i am happy where i am at......

michellekhoo
04-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Probably 8.

~Joanne~
04-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I guess I am a 7-8 ish, I go all out but I have no desire to transition and do not feel I have this "inner Girl" making me do girly things.

Teresa
04-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi Lacy, it might be easier to answer if you can give each stage a rating, I have driven out at night fully dressed so I guess I would pitch in at about 6-7, I know it's only fun but perhaps we should have a rating for medical reasons so if we have an accident they can put us in the right cubicle !

Chari
04-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Classifying myself as an 8, maybe 8.5 at the most, but if you talk to some family & friends, they would tell you I've already gone off the end of the scale! Their problem, not mine. Enjoy.

Michala
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Probably about a 3, in the safety of my home or a hotel room when I travel. Have ventured a little outside but not much.

Zylia
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
It's like a very long Benjamin Gender Disorientation Scale but only for transvestic individuals? I think I'm a four. I'd like to be a five but I don't have an undies obsession.

KristyE
04-05-2014, 02:40 PM
I guess I'm a 3 or so, but with the time, money and my wife getting on board I could go for an 8!
Love KristyE

heellover
04-05-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm at least an 7 or 8.
I love to to dress but am in no way interested in defecting to the other team!
As Adriana put it..."I am happy where I'm at!"

Natasha

wanda66
04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
A 3 maybe 4 mostly nightgowns .I wear panties most of the time and bra on occasion going out.also have my hair shoulder length.

MssHyde
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
going by the other posters rating scale, I'd say 8-9.. for me.. when I have the chance, I do every girly thing I can.. (except sexual things)

I have had my hair highlighted, several perms, double pierced ears, toe rings and polish 24-7 (on my toes)
i used to go to the beauty shop for a set, or french braid.

I go out dressed.

I'm loyal to my wife, I try to never lie, but I also protect what I have to (keep my mouth shut, girly Items out of sight) to keep peace.

Sarah V
04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Probably a 6 and on my way to a 7.

Michaelasfun
04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
7 for me. I underdress @ work, then when I come home I put on capri's, a crop top, and if time allows a wig and makeup, and have been out a few times...

Sissy_Michelle
04-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Four to five...

Eryn
04-05-2014, 04:03 PM
7 or so I suppose. I'm male most of the time, but when I dress I want to present completely female. I'd probably be female more often if it didn't complicate my life and that of my loved ones.

Jason+
04-05-2014, 04:27 PM
If we are using the "But it goes to eleven" scale. This also depends on the weighting factors assigned to wig, form, padding and a chosen name.

The choices on the Rasmussen scale being:
Way Bad
Bad
Cool
Way Cool

Left to my own devices I'd describe myself as not cream of the crop but not bottom of the barrel either so 5.5! :D

Rhanda
04-05-2014, 04:34 PM
About 6. I wear heels all the time except when I do something that requires workboots or sneekers. I always wear eye makeup and most of the time complete makeup. I don't really want to be taken as a woman but will makeup to go with the clothing style. I carry a purse everywhere because it is handy.

Rhanda

Kate Simmons
04-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Not sure about numbers but my "curves" are on my boobs and hips hopefully :heehee:. I'm not "full time" but could be if I chose to do so. So, I'll say 10.:battingeyelashes::)

Erica Marie
04-05-2014, 05:03 PM
My brain is a 13, I have been out a few times, but only a few, which would allow for an 8, I am attempting to bend the gender lines a little with my everyday appearance with hair and figure but the cloths are just cloths. So you can rate me as you please. Most people would look at me and see a 5 but they cant see inside my heart.

Wildaboutheels
04-05-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't fit on your scale and don't think it's possible to really have an accurate curve unless both the T factor as well as the N factor are part of the calculation.

And either/both words will result in an email from at least one of the Forum "authorities" here. INTRUSIVE was the reason cited in capitol letters.

I also think the home/out in the RW factor belongs in the equation somewhere, possibly on the bottom of the formula.

JazT95
04-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I'd probably put myself at a 7. I like to dress head to toe and make myself look as passable as possible. Also had a few adventures in the big wide world dressed, would love to get out a bit more :)

Sarah L
04-05-2014, 05:20 PM
I am going to say a 5. I am always wearing something girly around the house, but never to work(I do wear women's socks to work,but that doesn't count so much). I go out in female mode whenever possible. I wear breastforms, wig and makeup, but only to go unnoticed by troublemakers. I don't particularly like makeup, but I think I would if I were better at it. i never wear makeup at home, unless I just got back from shopping.
If I get to retire someday, I will go with the female clothes about 98% of the time. I would only go in male mode for doctor's appointments and that kind of thing. I guess that makes me a (hopefully) future 10.

suchacutie
04-05-2014, 05:23 PM
If the scale is 1 to 11, I'm 5.5. I'm really split equally between my genders. My perfect world would be 3 days in one gender and 3 in the other.

Katey888
04-05-2014, 05:29 PM
It's too simplistic - I'm sorry... this is not a simple, one dimensional thing...

It's at least a three dimensional multi-curved surface, probably with different z-planar steps for... who knows what..? :facepalm:

To misquote and paraphrase a prisoner of a different sort:

" I am not a number - I am a free girl!"

Katey x

Laura912
04-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Probably a five. This being a scale to include all, then the mean is 5 but the median may be different, as well as the mode. Plus we do not know the confidence limits so....:yawn: ZZZZZZZZZZ

Diane Edwards
04-05-2014, 05:52 PM
I am a solid 8 sliding upwards towards 9. I'll eventually reach 11.

MaryAnn40c
04-05-2014, 05:53 PM
I give myself a 8 as I don't work in makeup....wish I could

Launa
04-05-2014, 06:26 PM
I wish I was a 9

In terms of CD dressing I'm a 3 dressed up as a 9. lol Like the song from Trooper

Sarah M
04-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm about a 8 or a 9 I guess I wear panties an thongs almost 24/7 an girls jeans an girls athletic shoes everywhere I go an when I'm at home I will put on a cami or tank top an a jean skirt an relax an watch tv in the recliner or at the computer..

natcrys
04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Hmmm.. I have no idea what number I should give myself. :idontknow:

I dress a couple of times per month, usually in the weekends.. but if time and opportunity permits even a few times during a week.

When I dress, I go the whole-nine-yards.. make-up, doing my hair, breast-forms, heels. When dressed, I usually go out: shopping, bars, support meetings, restaurants, photo/video shoots. And.. when I dress, it's usually for the whole day, evening and night.

But if I look at the time spent dressing percentage compared to boy-mode per month... it's never more than 20% of the time.

Judging by the first part.. I should be somewhere in the high numbers.. but going by the last part.. I should be around a 5.

Samantha_Smile
04-05-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm gonna go with a 6-7
I dress once a week, sometimes twice.
I go whole hog every time or I don't bother (Makeup, wig, well dressed, nails jewelery, perfume etc etc).
I'm happy with this and have no desire to go full time, I want to keep it fun, not something that becomes 'normal'

Jamie Lynn
04-05-2014, 07:39 PM
3 here. Underdress 75% of the time, toenails painted 90%, dress around the humble abode not nearly enough! Never been out but have occasionally been in the backyard. (at least until the new neighbors moved in. How inconsiderate of them! ;) ) Wig and makeup only when the wife is out of town for a couple of days.

(As I proofread this I'm realizing that this is depressing! I'm thinking I'm only a 1. But I wanna be so much more!!!:sad:)

Dena
04-05-2014, 07:55 PM
When I was in my 30's, I was 8ish. Now I'm closer to 5.

Janine cd
04-05-2014, 07:55 PM
I would put myself at about 5 or 6, I dress totally when I can, but have never tried to pass as feminine when out.

Beverley Sims
04-05-2014, 08:19 PM
There is such a variance on dressing styles and commitments here I have to say 50/50.

Too much to think about. :)

samantha rogers
04-05-2014, 08:20 PM
I agree with Katey...too simplistic. I don't fit on this curve anywhere. Nor in any kind of box...honest.:-)

noeleena
04-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Hi,

No scale here, as one is female , though an interesting aside to myself is i do dressing in other times, Renaissance and Edwardian so my garb is quite different, even for those of us who are female and of cause our men, so all in all its all just a part of our times together and part of our lives.

...noeleena...

marshalynn
04-06-2014, 04:05 AM
I am a 10 most of the time, 99% of the time.

Lacey New
04-06-2014, 04:14 AM
Right now, probably a 3. Very much in the closet but I will underdressed in panties, bra, pantyhose, slips or a cami whenever I can. I have been out lots of tomes underdressed. I have had a few dresses, skirts and blouses put gone from my last purge. I have tried a little of my wife's makeup when she has been gone too but those are rare times. My next big challenge is shopping for a dress that fits well. So, I'd probably be further along with the right opportunities

Andrea Renea
04-06-2014, 05:25 AM
I feel pretty well balanced, so I'll say I'm a 5. Love having both male and female traits.

CassieD
04-06-2014, 05:37 AM
I'd go 5 as I'm completely in one mode or the other.

Kirsten1
04-06-2014, 05:46 AM
I think I may be a 2 or 2.5. I underdress in panties and bra several times during the week. With a wife that is DADT it is kind of hard to do more. That I and I am not sure I really want to do more but I do have silicone breasts and hips. Which I have only worn a couple of times. Too much pink fog.....

Raychel
04-06-2014, 06:02 AM
I am probably around a 6 or 7, I dress when I can, really prefer to be
dressed pretty, very rarely with a wig, and almost never any makeup,
But with work and life constraints, it doesn't happen as much as I like.

And with my wife on a cooling cycle, I am guessing I will get less time in days to come.

Claire Cook
04-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Hmmm ... this seems to be a sliding scale and we all seem to have different ideas about what constitutes a 5 (or anything between 1 and 9, assuming 10 is full-time.) At least no one has 'fessed up to being a zero! And most of us probably have changed boxes. So I once spent a four day vacation with only my comfy clothes ... does that make me a "Temporary 10"??

KaceyR
04-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Hmmm . Dunno where I'd be. 100% underdressed, 80% have something else girly on at home (but usually not wigged or made up). Been out and about dressed and I think outing frequency is going to escalate... At work the only male thing I've been wearing is a polo shirt.. Most friends and family know (and am currently in forms and a silk leopard paJama/nightshirt here while visiting my mom's :)). So 7-8ish?

Vikky
04-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Hi

I am in a similar situation to Lacey, so will give myself a 3 as well.

Vikky

connie johnson
04-06-2014, 07:01 AM
I guess I'm about a 4.

I always wear panties at home and sometimes when I go out. I Have only been out dressed once and it was Halloween (Doe's that count for going out in femme?). I wear my women's clothing on the weekends as I do things around the house, inside of course. I don't do my nails, makeup or shave my legs, I have short hair and only a costume wig from the Halloween outing. I have no desire to transition, just love wearing the clothing, panties and stockings especially.

So does a 4 sound about right to everyone?

Connie

Tina June
04-06-2014, 07:06 AM
3-4 I underdress most of the time -. bra, panties, but I have never tried to pass

Cheryl T
04-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Earlier in life I would say I was a 4 or 5 but the last 10 years have shown me I am really about 8.5.
Thoughts of 9+ flood my mind from time to time and if the planets were to align perfectly it would definitely be a 10. To paraphrase the cigarette commercial "I'd rather switch than fight".

NicoleScott
04-06-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm a 6.5 and here's how I came up with that:
I dress only occasionally, and that gives me a three. But when I do dress, it's all the way, head to toe, clothes, shapewear, wig, nails, jewelery, eyelashes, shoes, pantyhose/stockings, makeup, accessories, and as over-the-top as I can, and that gives me a ten. Average of 3 and 10 = 6.5

TxCassie
04-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I would say, 6ish wanting to be an 8-9ish. I present male everyday at work and in public. I've had my makeover at Mac, shopped in public, but in drab, I do dress in public but only at my TG Support Group meetings. I change to and back at the site, though in recent attendance, I've left more and more items on but only because I could conceal them under my winter jacket. So, 6ish for me.

Cassie:daydreaming:

Karren H
04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Personally if you plot the data I don't think its a curve.... more like a series of ever increasingly steep line segments connected by intermittent plateaus ..... ending in a drop off to zero.... some days I think I'm standing at the drop off.... others days I feel im a couple plateaus back....

Ressie
04-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Wigs: I have 7, shoes: 5, forms: 1 pair, buying more makeup and jewelry lately. Panty drawer is overflowing, closet is half full of skirts, tops and a few dresses. Love sexy lingerie, gartered stockings. I don't have much in shapewear: 1 cincher, homemade butt pads, 2 longline bras.

I'm still learning about makeup application, but have kept my face clean shaven for 10 years. Haven't been out dressed much, and it's been in safe environments so far. I doubt that I would go as far as transitioning, but CDing has been slowly escalating with me. Looks like my number is approximately 4.3, give or take a few digits.

Michellegryl
04-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I am with Katey and Samantha here, This rating system is too simplistic. Where I am on the "curve" if you can call it that, is continually variable and evolving.
I no longer own any boy under things, have more girl clothes than boys, and am out frequently as my femself. I do not like to think of myself as a number, I am who I am and I am Free!

Stephanie Sometimes
04-06-2014, 10:51 AM
I am at 2.5 trending toward 8

sanderlay
04-06-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm not a fan of labels and the same goes for tests. I don't want to rate myself high or low, up or down. And of course a girl never shares her weight or age and as we know this is done on a scales with numbers.

If the goal is to become and show the world my true self I think I'm doing well. But that does say I have arrived and can move on to other things. My feminine side still has plenty to learn and is still maturing. And don't get me started on makeup unless you want to see raccoon eyes and have a really scarey experience.

But as I have discovered there is more to being yourself than just your gender presentation. Self image and confidence are certainly markers of relating to others. And my friends who see me say I'm being myself. So as Spock said to his Mother... (Near the end of Star Trek: The Voyage Home...

"I feel Fine."

:D

PretzelGirl
04-06-2014, 01:16 PM
I would think a 10 is fulltime CD, which would include work, if 11 is transitioned. So I am a 9 working towards an 11.

Katie Oxford
04-06-2014, 01:35 PM
This is just a bit of fun, and a scale this simple misses lots of complexity - but we learn things from what the complexity is that is missed.

I dress only at home, and not always (or even often) fully. I have a busy life, and time in this particular corner of the world is often a bit snatched for me. But I'm happy with that, and from time to time I do dress fully, head to toe, including a wig. It tends to happen in spurts... Three times fully dressed for periods of time in a week then not much for a couple of months. That probably makes me about a 3, I'd guess?

Part of the reason I was initially attracted to having a busy life was that it didn't grant me too much time to explore my girly side, back when I was much less comfortable with myself. If I found myself undergoing a period of enforced inactivity, I suspect I probably would bump up a point or two on the scale.

carhill2mn
04-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Using your scale I would rate myself a 9.5.

grace7777
04-06-2014, 03:28 PM
I am pretty much underdressing most of the time. At home i am dressed in a nightgown. I have started to wear female slacks a lot more often to work. When I go out now I try to go out en femme as much as i can.

Right now I would rate myself at 7.5.

MetalGurl
04-06-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm only a 3 right now, I'd say. But I'd love to be a 8-9 one day. Maybe...

ArleneRaquel
04-06-2014, 04:16 PM
I dress enfemme 24/7, so I guess that I am very high on the scale.

Madilyn A.
04-06-2014, 04:31 PM
I would be about a 5. Family and schedule keeps me from a 10.

shawnsheila
04-06-2014, 04:37 PM
I went from probably a 5 a few years ago to about a 9 now. The only thing keeping me from a 10 is my wife. I would like to try to live as a woman full time for a bit to see if I would really be a 10. I am also taking Finesteride (anti testosterone) and may possibly take a low dose estrogen at some point to see if that is where i am at... All doctor sanctioned of course. Yeah but it was quite a jump from a 5 to an almost 10 in about 4 years. I guess I have really come to embrace my CDing.

ClaireCole
04-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Probably about a 6, I only get fully dressed (wig, make up etc.) when I do dress, and I'm beginning to go out without worrying now. But I think I'd have to be more open about it to be higher in the scale.

pattyjones954
04-06-2014, 06:42 PM
I too give myself a "3". I only dress in the privacy of my home, usually in the morning in bra, skirt, panties, thigh high stocking nice top

ophelia
04-06-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm not personally so comfortable applying the term "crossdressing" to underdressing. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there...does it make a sound?
Now for me, and JUST FOR ME, crossdressing is necessarily an overt and public activity. When I wear make up, coiff enfemme and wear hose, dresses and heels it is only to go out to "cross" over and play on other side of the street in full public view.
So by my own personal definition: It's my own hair highlighted hair femme styled. I don't shave chest, arms or legs very often, preferring layered hose and long sleeves. A "10" would have me with manicure, pedicure, full body shave, plucked eyebrows, definite femme haircut and style and semipermanent eyelashes. That make me a "7" on the continuium.

Taylor Ray
04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Oh I am so glad you asked!

I walked into JCPenny last week to kill some time and what do you know: some beautiful shoes were staring right at me on sale for 50% off!

I had to think for a moment, because I was in drab (I was working that day); but then I remembered:

I am definitely a ten. I'm sure of it! I am a ten..

Later that evening I was able to confirm that I was definitely a 10!!!!

Vale
04-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I dress maybe 4 days a month, typically in the evening. I suppose that makes me a 1, but a perfectly content one.

Alice Joyce
04-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Hi Lacy,

I think I would be a 3, maybe 4. I wear a Bra and panties 4 days out of the 7 each week. I do go out fully as Alice (at night) around 3 times/month. Have only been out as Alice during the day a few times which has only come about recently. Warm Thoughts, Alice

Michelle789
04-06-2014, 11:55 PM
I used to partially dress frequently and dress fully head to toe once every other week, always privately - so by your scale probably a 5.
Now I dress 3-4 times per week, fully head to toe, privately, and I go out en femme about once per week. I am hoping to go out even more frequently. So now I'm probably about an 8.

I would say that if a 10 is full-time CD, then a 9 is full-time CD except at work (128), so an 8 is a regular but not 128 CDer.

I'm working towards a 9, and likely a 10 or 11.

Felicia Dee
04-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Used to be 9? Maybe?? Hard to really judge. I often have something femme on me, but not actually presenting en femme. In practice, maybe it's more like a 4/5? I strive for that whole balance thing and try to give equal attention to both sides of me, even if it's only internally. ;)

AliyahS619
04-07-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm somewhere in the 3-4 range. Moving up slowly I think. Drive dressed sometimes, and been caught a few times out and about, but usually it's just in the privacy of home.

Tracii G
04-07-2014, 12:26 AM
I have no idea really and it would seem pompous to me to spout out a number.
Does it make a difference actually?

LizGirl
04-07-2014, 12:37 AM
After the past few months of working things out, I'd say an 8. Although I'm encouraged (and relieved) to see from other people's responses that it's a relative (rather than absolute) scale x

Lexi Moralas
04-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Used to be an 8 now I'm a .05

Karen kc
04-07-2014, 07:18 AM
I underdress all the time, I dress safely in our house, 3

NicoleD
04-07-2014, 08:12 AM
I am exactly the same as Karen above, underdressing when out (sometimes with my femme jeans on so getting braver there), but fully dress safely in the house, definitely a 3

Annaliese
04-07-2014, 08:16 AM
I would say I am a 5.5 to a 6

Zylia
04-07-2014, 08:16 AM
This thread is about as inane as the "are you TG or CD" thread, so therefore I change my vote. As of now, I'm a two.

Teresa Monsivais
04-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I usually dress up once or twice a month and if the occasion permits maybe three. I do the whole thing, wig , make-up dress, shave etc. However, I tend to use panties, thongs while in guy mode and heels on my way to work and when I am at home. I would probably put myself at a 5 and don't plan on going any further since I am a happy the way I am .

Dustin
04-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Going on the original criteria, a 1 or maybe 2. I wear panties around the house, very rarely out, and only occasionally I'll put on some lingerie.

Tina_gm
04-07-2014, 02:51 PM
When it comes to the clothing part, I am maybe a 2. Not a full transformation for me, average a few times a week for an hr or so. When it comes to overall gender I am probably around a 5.

BLUE ORCHID
04-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Hi Lacy, Probably a 7 or 8 I dress about 3hrs. in the Morning and in the Evening.

Lacy PJs
04-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks to all of you for your replies. To answer a few questions, no, it doesn't "really" matter. My intent was to give all of us a sense of what other forum members thought about their dressing. While I know that many of you dislike labels, I thought it better to give yourself a number on a scale of 1 to 10 than to ask if you were a crossdresser, transgendered or some other terms that some would not appreciate.

Yes, it is a simplistic approach to a very complex issue. But, taken from the standpoint of crossdressing alone, it does seem to simplify things a bit. One could consider themselves female yet dress in men's clothes for family, privacy or other reasons. In that regard, they are not crossdressers since they don't... well, cross dress.

On a personal level, it allows me to see how I "fit in" with everyone else. When I read some of the posts here on the CD forum, I often wonder if that is mild, normal or extreme when compared to where the rest of us are. In my way of thinking, it helps me some to figure all of this out.

I've found it especially enlightening when people explain why they gave themselves the number that they did. Obviously, each person has looked at this a little differently but since it's not scientific, that has been revealing but not earth shattering. All of this helps all of us understand a little more about others in our group.

Thanks again... and keep on sharing. :)

Lacy PJs

Lorileah
04-08-2014, 03:10 PM
This thread is about as inane as the "are you TG or CD" thread, so therefore I change my vote. As of now, I'm a two.

then quit posting on it

Lexi_83
04-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Would this be by relationships, socializing, or clothing budget?

My scores would be on an ascending scale of those three....

kimdl93
04-08-2014, 06:30 PM
It varies given life circumstances, but right now I would give it a solid 7.

Rachael Leigh
04-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I dress almost every day, not always with makeup but usually something before work, I don't go out but love doing photos to post here and that's good for me.

Connie.Marie
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Lacy,
I'm going to say that I've been a 6.5 for the past year.
Most of the time I'm in male mode but I've been dressing after work 1 - 3 times a week & having a girlie weekend once a month. Girlie weekends include putting on my nails & dressing Friday night to Monday morning, & going out to a "safe" bars with other girl friends on Saturday nights. Hose, heels, forms, wig & makeup are all "musts" for Saturday nights. Always in skirts or dresses (except I bought my first pair of leggings 2 months ago & they look fantastic on me.. ), first pair of boots last month, my first corset last week (feels great) & hopefully a new wig in 2 months...
Never been out shopping or interacting with the muggles, not really sure that I want to. Like others, I like where I am at the moment.
Will probably drop back to a 3 when my living situation changes back again.
No interest in men or becoming an 11, just enjoy the clothes & how great I look.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Tina G
04-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I would give myself a 3 right now, because of some life changes that will be changing and the number will be going up as tings progress. Happy to have this community to be around.

sometimes_miss
04-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I'll put myself at a nine, even though I've taken years off at times. It's because there's always an underlying feeling that when I'm in male clothing, that I'm in the wrong clothes, the wrong role, and just playing the part of a man whenever I'm out in public. It's an act; sure, I've gotten very good at it, but I'm still just acting the part of a standard issue male, when the feelings underneath are anything but.

karyn2000
04-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Hmmm...I find myself feminizing myself more and more...I know I will have all hair removed soon, except facial above jaw line hair. That will come later for removal. So for me its more of how feminized i've moved to this point. I'll say a 6.

Lygophilia
04-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Not sure where I would fall in this, since I'm more in the middle. Besides neutral clothing, I always try to do forging experiments from both departments, which is slimfit male shirt with female jeans (front pockets are too small for my wallet, so it's usually does't work until I find bigger pockets for their jeans). I'll probably try their long cargo like shorts, if their pockets are bigger. As for their underwear, that's the furthest I could take being open to their clothing.

Algoma
04-13-2014, 11:04 PM
From most of the comments i would say 6 - 7 not quite a 8. Fully dress when I travel, and won't run into any business associates. Go out when I feel safe, with other girls or to CD events. Heels always at home, Very light make up most of the time. Stacked heels and women's jeans alot. Started wearing small hoop clip on ear rings. Growning hair even longer. Working on softer skin. and figure.

Thanks for asking,

Algoma

UnfinishedPuppet
04-13-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm just starting to I'd say a 2. I'm buying the items needed to crossdress and I'm definitely invested but I'm no where near where I want to be.

Nadia Pinky
04-14-2014, 02:33 AM
I will choose my scale in crossdresser of 7 to 8 I like to wear long socks,wig,lingeries,heel,make up,sometimes form, I don't care to dress full time only in free time when I'm alone

trisha kobichenko
04-14-2014, 02:38 AM
Color me a 5. I don't go out in public due to my obvious white beard that my SO dearly loves...but that doesn't keep me from underdressing most days, and coming home and dressing after work and on weekends.

justbejulie2
04-14-2014, 04:47 AM
I'm probably a 4. I underdress most of the time, and wear more when alone. Night-time is 100% en-femme time, including forms. No make-up yet.

sfwarbonnet
04-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I am a practical crossdresse; usually an underdresser, but I would dress completely given the opportunity. Guess that makes me a 3C.

Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. However, items that could be spotted as women’s clothes when underdressing, such as a bra and nylons, is more of a challenge; but when there is no reaction from either men or women that invites one to wear only womenswear. I have found these items both acceptable and practical:

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally considered a female item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer pantyhose are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be deep-sixed when a run becomes apparent

6) Purse: One cannot usually keep a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in the small side pockets and lack of back pockets that are typical of women’s pants. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department. Even when suitable clothing is available in menswear, it is a specialty item and often more expensive there!

NicoleScott
04-23-2014, 02:01 PM
This is a different scale than usually discussed here, where masculine and feminine are at the ends and has to do with what drives us to crossdress.
This one is more about the frequency, duration, and/or extent (partial/complete) that we crossdress, rather than what drives us.
Hard to answer, as I have resorted to partial dressing of short duration when time and place don't permit my preference to dress and make up completely and over-the-top. Sometimes we have to be satisfied to do what we can.

Emily43
04-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Not sure...i dress around the house maybe 3 times a week...maybe twice a month i go 'full girl mode' wig,makeup etc i never go out dressed i would like to but its no big deal to me....maybe a 5

TinaZ
04-23-2014, 03:20 PM
I'd love to be in the 8 range. Circumstances cut that about in half, sadly.

lpjamey
04-23-2014, 08:36 PM
I'm a 4 at best. I always wear underwear that would be considered fem, never cotton never "male" underwear. thongs,very tight,Colors and silky thats me! I just purchased my first forms and sleep in them most every night for a few hours. I have heels a skirt and some tops but I have to hide from my SO.

Carmen
04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm an eight.
I dress casual when home.
I occasionally dress in evening wear and go out and shop or dine or take in a movie.

silkiehosewearer
04-24-2014, 02:33 AM
I would say I am between a 6-8. Not sure really. But I hear I look good or atleast alright.

sexycindy
04-24-2014, 03:35 AM
I would say 6/7

I don't go outside very often (Mainly under the cover of darkness), but when I get dressed (Almost every day) I put on clothes, make-up, wig and boobs. So essentially wander around as a full woman.

Sandre
04-25-2014, 01:48 PM
I guess I'm only between 1 and 2. Ok, maybe 2, since I made a few purchase already, and I love to wear it home... But I still have a long way to get to where I'm supposed to be...

Tamara Segunda
04-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I guess I'm a 2 or 3. Panties are my only underwear, and I prefer nylon or satin sleep shirts for bed. Nylon trouser socks, a few discreet tops and pants, subtle makeup (rarely), long hair (what's left of it) professionally colored, eyebrows waxed. I'm sufficiently self-aware that I know how ridiculous I'd look if I tried to go much further. I'm just an occasional visitor, even more occasional poster here, so I don't expect anyone will see this, but couldn't resist adding my data point enough to "swell a progress, start a scene or two." Best to all.
. . . tamara segunda

Miranda G
04-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Probably an 8 or 9. Only once a week do I allow myself to be myself, but when I do it is full on!

StacyLynn
04-26-2014, 07:57 PM
I suppose I'd say I'm around a 5 or 6? I've more recently been desiring to venture out as a woman. I dress a few times a week, but I have no desire to be a full time woman. I still enjoy all the aspects of my male life as well.

AKADonna
04-27-2014, 10:54 PM
On a sliding scale.... from a 3 when underdressing most of the time to a solid 8 when fully dressed and feeling really feminine when out of town. Having a supportive wife would definitely put me over the top, I'm sure!

Carly CD
04-27-2014, 11:47 PM
I would say 8/9. I work hard to blend Carly with Kevin when I can't fully dress. Even my guy clothes have a feminine touch, light purples, hints of pink, etc. I just love fashion, men or women's.

Traceyjo
04-28-2014, 06:02 AM
I'm another one right in the middle , 5 to 6. Dress fully at every opportuniy and adore it but manage to have a very happy and fullfilling male life the rest of the time.

LelaK
04-28-2014, 08:06 AM
5 Over Winter
- I spent the fall and winter in Indy and was wearing a dress about half the time, I think. My landlord was about the only person who saw me dressed.
- I wore a bra only a few times then.
- I shaved off all my facial hair for the first time. Before that I'd always kept my mustache and goatee, but always trimmed.
- I also shaved my body hair once then, but I don't have much of that anyway.
- I have long hair but am bald, but I wore a stocking cap, so the baldness is always hidden.
- I wore men's dress shoes. I still don't have women's shoes, but I plan to get some eventually. I'm sure I'd like heels, except for the discomfort, so I probably won't get any, unless maybe platforms.

0 Now
I'm back with my family now and not dressing, but I want to move again soon and start dressing again. But dressing doesn't have a high priority for me.

8 Lifetime Goal
- I would like to get all my facial hair removed, if it's not too expensive.
- I'd like to dress prettily most of the time, but not in public. A unisex look might be good in public.
- I'd like to get permanent eyeliner makeup. I'll probably wear pink nail polish.
- I'll get women's shoes and a wig eventually.

11 AfterLife Goal
- When my body wears out, I want to transition to true female, or my own modified version of female, in spirit.
- I'll redesign my face and body to be feminine.
- But I won't have feminine or masculine mannerisms, which I don't have now either.

He_wears_hers
05-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Pretty basic for me. I don't go out in public or try to be seen thru my windows. I mainly wear sexy/lacy/sheer undergarments, not much into womens clothing and make-up. I do like dresses though and have a French maid dress that I wear around the house but I dont do the whole feather duster routine some guys do. My wife is supportive but she chooses not to participate with me so I dress when shes at work.

I will crack a beer, sit down at the computer, relax, and do whatever cums to mind ;)

Samantha Clark
05-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Probably a five. This being a scale to include all, then the mean is 5 but the median may be different, as well as the mode. Plus we do not know the confidence limits so....:yawn: ZZZZZZZZZZ

Doesn't put me to sleep hon! Right up my wheel house!

Samantha Clark
05-08-2014, 12:02 AM
At this point in my journey I'm a 2 or so. I wear panties every day but really want to go further. I have thigh highs but have only worn them when away from home. Ditto with polish on my toes. Would love to wear a bra with inserts, dress, heels, wig and make up but haven't gone there yet. That would too much of a secret to keep from my wife for me right now.

So a 2 wanna be 8-9.

Maria Blackwood
05-08-2014, 07:36 AM
I'll go with a 4. Lingerie, stockings, bras and heels in the evenings and to bed to relax. The closet and dresser in a spare bedroom are completely filled with the stuff, from the simple to the very complicated, silk&lace to leather domina wear. I could probably open up my own shop. ;-)

DollMaria
05-08-2014, 07:42 AM
1.25 or less. Lol, not by choice.

JessicaJJ
05-08-2014, 09:48 AM
At Work I'm a 3 as I own my own business so I do have to tone my dress code down because you have to have some professionalism how ever even at work I under dress and wear make up but not so much that it stand out a mile lol, at home I'm a full 10 go full girl all the time, usually it's ladies jeans or denim skirt / shorts, or leggings with long t shirt or a cute top. Now out and about I'm usually a 5 as I mix both genders and more a 6-7 when the sun come out because that when I go in to girls wedges as I love them :)

MzVanessa
05-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I'd say I am a 7... I work in male mode... But enjoy spending as much of my free time dolled up. In my perfect world I would work and spend any casual time in boy mode... But when it came to time to look nice to go out to dinne, dates, or shopping at the mall... Hello five in heels... Sexy dresses or skirts...glamorous makeup and big hair.

lovetobedani
05-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I have to say that I'm probably a 7. When I dress I dress all the way and try to look and be female to the best of my ability. If I could I'd be a 10 contemplating an 11.

StephanyT
05-08-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm probably a 4-5 sometimes completely dressed up but most of the time underdress all in private.

Farrah
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I've been on hiatus for a while, but I'm back. Before I went on hiatus, I would have to say about 7 or 8. I dress from head to toe. I even walk and talk the part. No plans on going any further. I am happy and content with being a 7.5/8 ish.;)

Megan Briana
05-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I would say I am a solid 1. I still do the panty thing on a normal daily basis with an occasional bra or nighty. For the most part (98%) i haven't really dressed in quite some time, but lately (in that i mean today) I have been feeling the bug to slip into things again. Then it would mean for me to be dressed nightly for bed, heels close by, and assorted outfits waiting there turn... I guess that would bump me up to a solid 3 or 4.

Jaymees22
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm a size 8 and I'm probably a wanna-be 8!! Jaymee

MeganDay
05-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I think right now, I'm about 2.5, heading up the scale. I don't plan to transition or live full time as a girl, so I'll probably stop around 6 or so :)

Megan