PDA

View Full Version : beach acceptance???

kymmieLorain
04-06-2014, 03:09 PM
I am down in FL for a couple weeks helping my mom after surgery. I brought with me some feminine swim wear. A red one piece, a pair of board shorts and a bikini bottom. I would love toe hit the beach in any one of them.

Question for all you Florida girls, or any others. what has the reaction on the beach to wearing a ladies one piece? what about a bikini bottom? the board shorts are feminine length but may just pass.

Kymmie

Anna H
04-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Beard? Bright Red Mullet? Built like Marilyn....or Andre the giant?

I guess the reaction could vary quite a bit! :D

Maybe post a picture and get a few comments first. See how that goes.

:)

VictoriaP
04-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Great questions Kate! I live in Florida and I go to the beach all summer long. Too cold this time of year. I am a 6', 185lb CD, long brown hair (my own), nice breast forms, and I have been to the beach once in a one piece black suit. It was fun, and I loved the feeling. The area of the beach I go to is fairly deserted and I felt pretty and enjoyed it, until a young family vacationing settled down nearby and I noticed that the 10-12 year old girl kept looking at me and talking to her mom and pointing........well, I guess the comfort level evaporated because I have not gone in a bathing suit again. I go and take walks in the morning or evening in shorts and t-shirt and flip flops and enjoy it.
It is kind of a thing you have to experience for yourself. Good luck!

kymmieLorain
04-06-2014, 04:23 PM
well no beard or mullet. I guess I would be a full figured girl. with the god awful middle age spread, not bad though. Vicky being I am from WY. it is just about right time for the beach. LOL.

Kymmie

Adriana Moretti
04-06-2014, 06:39 PM
If I am dressing there are 2 beaches that I go to.......the first is a "gay" nude beach filled with all types of creative festive individuals ....the other is a secluded " Private Beach" I sneak on to and hang out at that is absolutely beautiful. Do they have " gay" or nude beaches in Floriada? A beach like that is perfect.

Beverley Sims
04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
There is no half way dressing on the beach, you do have to present right.
These days I mostly swim at night in the sea, mostly inside reefs in tropical areas and enclosed pool areas such as Waikiki beach.
Everyone is out swimming in the evening, better than the sun in the daytime.
Usually very public but subdued lighting.

Rogina B
04-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Where are you in Florida? Does FL mean Fort Lauderdale? If so,you are welcome anywhere however the "gay" beach at Sebastian Street may be your best bet,or either side of it..

UNDERDRESSER
04-07-2014, 12:16 AM
I've been to the pool, but not the beach, in a bikini bottom. They were fairly "athletic" in cut, and didn't look a whole hell of a lot different to my men's speedos. I have had disapproving looks wearing both. But not many.

Kate Simmons
04-07-2014, 06:54 AM
How well can you "tuck" wearing a swimsuit? Seems to me the "package" would be kind of apparent unless you are a real master of disguise.:)

Krisi
04-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Are you wanting to pass as a woman or just want to wear the swimsuit in public? I seriously doubt you'll pass in a swimsuit, there's just too much skin showing and not enough curves. And what about hair?

If you just want to wear it, look for a gay beach. Check it out in advance dressed normally, then go back in the swimsuit if it looks like you'll fit in.

kymmieLorain
04-07-2014, 08:25 AM
I am in west central FL. north of Tampa. so no gay beaches around. I am just wanting to wear the swim suit.

Kymmie

BLUE ORCHID
04-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Will you be presenting as a lady??

Jennifer in CO
04-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Kymmie

When I don't wear a tank-ini I wear a pair of ladies board-shorts. I hate the guy style that come down to your knees. I have several pair, one in solid black and another in a very loud lime green stripe affair (both have matching tops BTW that I have worn....ok once for the black one - halter top) - anyway - both pair look totally acceptable and nothing "feminine" about them even tho they are at mid-thigh.

debbie55
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Well there are plenty of European tourists around the beaches of St Pete's, Treasure Island and Clearwater, Some of them still wear speedo's and anyway who wants a tan that stops half way up your leg's, looks daft in a mini skirt. Trouble is speedo's are so unpopular they are hard to find, but bikini bottoms are all over the place and if you find ones without tassels etc then they are similar enough. So i have worn bikini bottoms on the golf beaches of the Tampa area in bob mode without any problem. It comes down to how you accept yourself as much as how anyone will accept you, I have had people look but to be honest not any more than when i have worn shorts, people look at people on the beach, its just how I interpret people looking at me, but importantly, who cares.

As i said i present as bob in a speedo though, so what about bob in a two piece bikini or one piece swimsuit, well i have seen that too. There is a sister who frequents Treasure Island. String bikini, B cup boobs, balding on top, male muscle pattens. Sorry sis, but there is no doubting she is trans, but she owns it, 90% of the beach during the week have seen her before and pay little attention as she goes about her daily walk. I've seen younger girls who i have suspected are trans but don't really know, I have seen another regular who is either F2M but most likely Klienfelters, none of them seem to get any more than a double take.

Most of this has been seen on sunset beach on the very southern tip of treasure island, go past caddies and carry on down until the two tower block condo buildings and the public parking as the road does a sharp left at the end. This is one of Florida's premiere Gay beaches. Up by the Rocks on Sunday is a hot bed of men in tight shorts, sharing towels. Further down towards the tower blocks it starts to quieten down and you will find the fringe groups mixing in with the families, weddings and residents/tourists from the condos. It can get pretty busy on a Sunday but there is the same level of acceptance mid week and much quieter.

I'm not promising anything but i have never seen anyone get anything more than a look on this bit of sunset beach, you seem more likely to be confronted by someone if you bring a dog onto the beach, in fact you are almost guaranteed to be confronted if you have a dog and likely to get a ticket from the police too, but everything else seems acceptable providing its legal. To be honest though i think you would be OK on any of the beaches if you get away from the bar's or hotels and walk a little bit from the public car parks to the quieter residential area's. You may briefly become a point of interest but most people seem to keep themselves to themselves and just carry on with their walk.

UNDERDRESSER
04-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Trouble is speedo's are so unpopular they are hard to find, but bikini bottoms are all over the place and if you find ones without tassels etc then they are similar enough. Yes, I've been that route as well. Now my favourite speedos are just plain wore out. I've got another pair that is close to how i like them, but not perfect. I have a pair of plain black bikini bottoms that fit well, and am thinking of ordering another pair on line that look like the cut i want. I’d guess the chances of them fitting well are about 50%. i may just do it anyway, they are on sale at a good price. No good stockists of suitable types anywhere near me. :sad:

Alexand
05-07-2014, 05:54 AM
I was at a greek beach a couple of years ago. Walking by the beach, I saw a woman on her 40s, wearing only a yellow thong an in a really sexy praying-on-the-ground-and-reading-magazine-pose. She basically was displaying her sexy butt to everyone behind her. I sat about 10 meters from her (there was also a man and another woman with her, they were all Russians) and took-off my clothes, staying with my black thong panties.
Let me mention that at the beach (especially if it's a nudist beach, this one wasn't) what I do is take sexy photos of myself. So that's what I did, I posed like a sexy woman (e.g. doggy style) and took pictures of me. When this woman saw me, she started laughing, in a way that she did not care if I heard her. She wanted me to hear her laughing at me. And she was the biggest s**t of that beach. Other people did not mind at all. Anyway, I always feel sexy when people show that they notice my feminine behaviour. That's the whole idea. The Russian woman's laughter underlined my feminine behaviour and made me feel very sexy.

Rogina B
05-07-2014, 10:04 PM
How well can you "tuck" wearing a swimsuit? Seems to me the "package" would be kind of apparent unless you are a real master of disguise.:)
Some of us are small and can be flat very easily. Otherwise a person can wear shorts or a nylon skirt made to get wet or a skirted bathing suit. Sunblock is the most important thing..

irishsissy
05-07-2014, 10:24 PM
The Lake here in our County has a few nice places for public swimming. I conceal myself extremely well as I wear a bikini bottom with a light cotton pull over blouse. I don,t go in the water, just sit on the beach and enjoy. No one has a clue. I,ve even got a few whistles.

Tinkerbell-GG
05-07-2014, 11:42 PM
So that's what I did, I posed like a sexy woman (e.g. doggy style) and took pictures of me. When this woman saw me, she started laughing, in a way that she did not care if I heard her. She wanted me to hear her laughing at me. And she was the biggest s**t of that beach. Other people did not mind at all. Anyway, I always feel sexy when people show that they notice my feminine behaviour.

Feminine behavior?? Usually, when we GG's go to the beach, we relax or swim like everyone else. I don't know that I've ever posed 'doggy style', or taken selfies while I'm at it.

Rogina B
05-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Feminine behavior?? Usually, when we GG's go to the beach, we relax or swim like everyone else. I don't know that I've ever posed 'doggy style', or taken selfies while I'm at it.

You aren't alone in those thoughts!

Alexand
05-08-2014, 06:04 AM
ok, you are right, what I meant was I was taking selfies while posing like a sexy woman.