PDA

View Full Version : Interaction in the Ladies' Room

MissJoanne
04-06-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm in the middle of a 350 mile road trip en femme, and just had the need to answer the call, so to speak. So, I stop at a rest area, make my way to the gender-appropriate facility based on the manner of presentation, and enter. I was somewhat relieved to see that nobody was in the "common area", so I selected a stall and carried out the appropriate function, enduring that my feet were facing the right way. Some foot traffic took place while I was in there, and on exiting, I went to wash my hands. However, the adjacent dryer was somewhat temperamental. A lady about my age came to the basin a couple down from me, and on noticing my difficulty, said "This one works". I smiled and replied in my best fem voice "I think this is what we call progress". She laughed and bade me a nice day.

Result!

AmyGaleRT
04-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I had to use the ladies' room at the mall yesterday. There were quite a few other women going in and out, including some mothers with young daughters. Nobody batted an eye, even though the stall door was broken on the first one I entered and I had to find another one...

- Amy

Heather-Hill
04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Hi Joanne, you sound a very confident person especially doing 350 miles en femme. I would love to be in your shoes.

Good Luck

Hugs Heather

Beverley Sims
04-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Joanne,
You are progressing yourself, interaction in the ladies room. :)

stacycoral
04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Miss Joanne, girl I know what it is like to go on a trip like yours, I did it a couple of years ago in the cowboy state, and I did have any trouble on the trip, only thing was when I check into my hotel, the young lady had never check in a T-girl before, but the manager rush over and acted like nothing was wrong, Most people just don't care too much, which is good for us girls, Glad your trip went well. hugs.

sabrinaedwards
04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
I have used the "ladies room" when dressed as a female. To me it is a posative statement to crossdressing. Again, I have never had a negative experience regarding the use of the appropriate restroom facility. It gives me a high just to think about being dressed and acting like a female in all regard.

MissJoanne
04-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Joanne, you sound a very confident person especially doing 350 miles en femme. I would love to be in your shoes.

Good Luck

Hugs Heather

Heather, I'm glad to be OUT of my shoes at the moment! Laddered a stocking as well, but it's above my hemline :-)

Michelle789
04-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Joanne, I'm really happy to hear you're having fun on your road trip. Your experience once again shows that really as long as we behave well and ladylike in public we're really okay.

ChristinaK
04-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Too me, entering the ladies room is the ultimate taboo. That is where you could get arrested, and so is my greatest fear. Thank you for passing on the info, it gives me confidence that I stand a chance at physiological requirements without being beaten to a pulp and arrested for simply going to the bathroom.

AmyGaleRT
04-06-2014, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't think so, Christina. If you look and act like a woman, no one will notice. ("Hear hoofbeats, expect horses, not zebras.") And you're not there to cause trouble, you're there to use the stall in private, then wash your hands and go on your way.

California has explicit protection in the law that says you can use the restroom corresponding to your gender presentation. So does Colorado.

- Amy

Eryn
04-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Although women are somewhat social in the ladies room I try to minimize my interaction. It just doesn't pay to tickle that dragon and I would hate to make anyone uncomfortable. I don't speak unless I'm spoken to and I heed the advice I received from a friend not to speak at all unless I can be seen.

The one time I did initiate interaction was an occasion in a mall restroom when I overheard a woman who needed two quarters for the "necessities machine." The other ladies in the room didn't have the change so I said "here you are" and handed her the quarters. Even if she had made me I doubt that she would have objected at that point! :)

Christina, I feel that it is far safer to use the ladies' room when dressed than to out yourself by going into the men's room. Get in, do your business, wash your hands, get out!

Nikki A.
04-06-2014, 10:24 PM
I've used the lady's room in many circumstances and have yet to have a problem. Only time I thought I might have had a problem was where they had a greeter outside the bathroom. Walked in like I belonged and not a word was said.
Like Amy said, people see what they expect. Besides, who want to be wrong accusing someone of not being a woman if she really is.

Michelle789
04-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Amy is right. You can legally use the ladies room in California if you're presenting as one. This means you're dressed as one, acting like one, and most importantly do NOT even think of exercising the male privilege of standing up. Sit, and feet must be pointed in the right direction. Joanne just proved that the law applies even in a small town rest stop off the interstate.

I also agree that going in the men's room not only outs you but you risk getting beaten up. Seriously most men do not want to see a man dressed as a woman in their restroom.

BLUE ORCHID
04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi Joanne, It sounds like you have been accepted.

AmyGaleRT
04-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Amy is right. You can legally use the ladies room in California if you're presenting as one. This means you're dressed as one, acting like one, and most importantly do NOT even think of exercising the male privilege of standing up. Sit, and feet must be pointed in the right direction.

Which is absolutely what I do, whether I'm in a large ladies' room, a small one, or a single-occupancy one. I use the facilities like a woman...at least, in part, because, when I'm dressed and presenting as a woman, I am a woman, and it wouldn't occur to me to do it any other way.

- Amy

karyn2000
04-08-2014, 10:29 PM
At a tg/cd club not an issue, but unless your State allows such it could be a problem. That's always a tough call..I use my discretion depending upon the circumstance.

NathalieX66
04-08-2014, 10:36 PM
At a tg/cd club not an issue, but unless your State allows such it could be a problem. That's always a tough call..I use my discretion depending upon the circumstance.

My state New Jersey fully allows it.

I've gone out quite a few times , and I remember about two years ago doing my business in a restaurant womens' room where there was about four women having a conversation by the sinks, and they were so into their conversation, that when I chimed in while doing my hair, they really didn't seem to notice. They were just so into their conversation.

Krisi
04-09-2014, 07:16 AM
When dressed, I sit to do my business regardless of where I am, which is mostly at home. It's just part of playing my female role. I made an exception once in a porta pottie that was in need of a good cleaning. Other than that, porta potties are sadfe because they are by nature, single occupant.

As for laws protecting a person's right to use the restroom of his/her presentation, I've wondered this and asked it before without a good response - Which restroom does the "man in a dress" use? I'm talking about the MTF crossdresser who makes little or no attempt to pass as a female but is wearing female clothing and possibly breast forms.

ophelia
04-09-2014, 11:41 AM
SCOUTS' MOTTO FOR THE LOO!
My scouts' motto "be prepared" is my golden (no pun intended) rule for the potty. It helps to know where the loos are beforehand. Even if you don't have to go a quick checkout of the particular restrooms might be helpful to know the layout and number of stalls before you are in a pressure (again no pun intended) situation.
I aim for a stall as close to the door as possible. I resist my male urges and always go sitting like a lady. I bring hand sanitizer wipes to avoid the sink and mirrors. I'm in and I'm out quickly without raising attention and I don't chat after I've.....

Shelly Preston
04-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Krisi I would suggest if its really obvious its a man in a dress then the male restrooms would be the best choice.

I have never used the male restrooms when dressed and have no intention of doing so. Unless your are confident of not having any issues then don't take more time than is required. I once had a mother apologise to me as her young daughter had been looking under the doors to find her Mother.