PDA

View Full Version : It isn't common to be normal

Lotte L
01-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Dear Girls,

What I often read in the threads about is our feelings of guilt. Guilt to your self, to your wife, parents and even to the society we live in. The title of this thread is a line from the famous psychiatrist prof.dr. Von Dantzig. He passed away last year in the age of 84.

This line is so true, and if you take a good look around than you will notice that being absolutly normal is odd. So there is no necessety for guilty feelings to your self or anybody els. What we love to do is innocent and harmless, but odd in the rules we made in society.

If we could live as CD than we would be more happy, better functioning at work at home. Our relationship with wife and kids would be so much richer.

What are your thoughts about this?

Love,
Lotte L

MandyTS
01-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Some people actually do that, non op TS. Now society would have to make a big switch for it to work much better for CDs now.

Helen MC
01-12-2006, 07:05 AM
What is "Normal"? Each culture has its own norms and what it considers to be aberations. A European man wearing a sarong or similar clothing here in the UK or the USA would no doubt be looked at as "odd", yet such clothing on a man in the Far East would be perfectly "normal". Similarly there is other "skirt" type clothing worn by males , e.g. the Kilt by some Scotsmen etc.

For myself I consider it "normal" to wear women's panties rather than male underpants as I have worn these for 40 years. That is "normal" for me and to have to wear male underwear again would be a deviation for my norm that is "abnormal".

It is only if the "abnormal" behavior of an individual harms others, for example crimes of violence, vandalism or theft, that an abnormality has to be prevented or punished.

The "normal" also varies both in place and time. Male Homosexuality was a crime which could attract a prison sentence in the UK until the late 1960s with men such as actor Sir John Gielgud and aristocrat Lord Montagu being prosecuted for such activities in the 1950s and a Junior Government Minister was forced to resign when caught in a compromising position with another man, and of course there was the case of Oscar Wilde. Now we have singer Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish getting married very publicly under the new Civil Partnership Laws and his even having been called upon to play at the funeral of the late Lady Diana in the presence of the Queen, the Prime Minister and Archbishop of Canterbury although he was well known to be a practicing Homosexual. In the Ancient Egyptian Culture Brother-Sister incest was not only permitted but encouraged especially in their Royal Family (King Tut fathered children on his sister) but this is abhorent to most modern peoples and religions and even in atheistic countries.

So I tend to avoid the word "Normal", and can accept that we all have some "kink" in our personality, at least the more interesting people usually have.

Helana
01-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Besides which, normal people are so boring because there is no interesting about them, they are so well...average. I dont want to be normal!:D

TGMarla
01-12-2006, 08:55 AM
My wife is "normal". Just ask her. She'll tell you. She'll tell you she's glad she's "normal", and that she thinks most people are "normal" as well. I disagree with her on this viewpoint. And therein lies the problem. My little feminine hobby isn't "normal", even though there are a helluva lot of others who engage in similar behavior. In fact, I'm a very "normal" crossdresser. Shouldn't that count for something in her eyes?

MsJanessa
01-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Dear Girls,

What I often read in the threads about is our feelings of guilt. Guilt to your self, to your wife, parents and even to the society we live in. The title of this thread is a line from the famous psychiatrist prof.dr. Von Dantzig. He passed away last year in the age of 84.

This line is so true, and if you take a good look around than you will notice that being absolutly normal is odd. So there is no necessety for guilty feelings to your self or anybody els. What we love to do is innocent and harmless, but odd in the rules we made in society.

If we could live as CD than we would be more happy, better functioning at work at home. Our relationship with wife and kids would be so much richer.

What are your thoughts about this?

Love,
Lotte L
Hon I do enough things that I really should feel guilty about---what I chose to wear on a given evening or the amount of make up I use is not one of them.

DonnaT
01-12-2006, 01:56 PM
I've never felt guilty about being transgendered and crossdressing. I feel bad that my wife has problems with it at times, but not guilty about it. It's something I am, not something I chose to be, thus I see no need to feel guilty for being me, as God made me.

Normal?

My wife asked me yesterday, "We aren't ever going to be a normal couple are we?" I asked her to define normal. She didn't respond. I think another talk is coming up.

Really, what is a normal couple? One where they are a Ward and June Cleaver couple?

A couple where the wife, not only works at a full time job, but also does ALL the housework, cooking cleaning laundry, windows, etc.? We share the housework.

If it's not normal for the husband to do the housework, but instead he should come home from work and sit and wait to be waited on hand and foot (like my in-laws), I bet she doesn't want that type of 'normal'. How many women would?

GypsyKaren
01-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Lotte

I haven't a clue as to what normal is, but just the thought of it scares me to no end.

GypsyKaren

Lotte L
01-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Dear Girls,

Thanks for your reactions, bottom line is that normal is'nt common. Being normal is boring. Girls like us are vivit and creative, we live, and love to enjoy it with others. But CD's are never boring. With a real CD around it's always a feast.

Love,
Lotte L:thumbsup: