PDA

View Full Version : Gals and Girls and Gurls

Jaylyn
04-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Seem like every one on here calls each other one of the names above. Do we all enjoy being called a gal, sister, girl, or even gurl? I have grown a custom to even doing this in private with several on here and they call me by these also. I can see the TGs enjoying this and the ones that are having the full trans, but what about just a guy that enjoys dressing in women's clothes. I sometimes wonder if anyone would rather not be called the gender we love to dress as or if we are just pretending to the fullest that we can? This is meant especially for the guys that just enjoy dressing, such as myself. I enjoy the gender association but really don't want to go thru a transformation to the opposite gender. Just wondering about it Gals....

Anna H
04-09-2014, 02:11 PM
I only know us as the girl I see (or name)...so I assume we mostly like
that...(?)

I can handle most anything myself. I got tired of being offended long ago.
It was a waste of time for me....and I often simply misunderstood.

I like to have fun with it. Else...it's not fun. lol!

~Miss Kate~ Heehee! :happy:

reb.femme
04-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Call me anything you like, so long as you don't call me late for my dinner.

With that firmly out of the way, I don't find any of the terms or spellings offensive or otherwise, so address me as you see fit on the day, so long as it isn't obviously derogatory. I like to be called Rebecca when dressed and with the appropriate pronouns, but that's about it. My wife doesn't call me Rebecca though, but I can go with that.

Rebecca

Tracii G
04-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Call me Tracii and I'm good

JazT95
04-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I like to keep my two lives completely separate and so being referred to as girl just makes that much better for me :)

Karren H
04-09-2014, 02:28 PM
We had a Senior VP in our company when I started back in the 70s who called us all girls.... not in a derogatory way either... and I liked it.... I hate any other form.... gurl.... gal... hon.... honey....

Eryn
04-09-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't get too bent out of shape by minor variations in names so all of them are OK by me.

"Gurl" is somewhat problematical as it sets us apart, but I'm equally guilty of using the term "sister" with the meaning of "TG individual."

ClaireCole
04-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't care much to be honest, female pronouns are a bit of a compliment though so its nice. But I know of a couple full time transgirls that struggle to get everyone to use female pronouns because they knew the "boy", and that's understandably upsetting. So I'd always use female pronouns for people who are trying to look like girls, and let them correct me if I'm wrong.

As for gurl/sister/honey/whatever else, it sometimes gets a little silly on websites like this, like its forced. Although maybe people really talk like that, I don't know.

Jacqueline Ersatz
04-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't care for labels for anyone but when someone calls me Miss, I nearly burst with joy!

CynthiaD
04-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Girl, gal, lady, woman, female pronouns, I love them all. I can do without "gurl" though.

Hell on Heels
04-09-2014, 03:30 PM
The first time I read one of those types of words in reference to me I was a bit shocked. Just reading it and hearing it in my head made me feel quite strange. It didn't last long at all though. I realized that the person using the word has only seen me presenting myself as a female, so why wouldn't they refer to me as one. Now it has become completely acceptable to me. Whether it's used as a compliment, or just
as a way to have a bit of fun.
Now if you tried calling me dude, or guy while seeing me in full dress I might get a bit weirded out, " Dude you look hot in those thigh highs and dress", sounds strange to me.
Much Love,
Kristyn

NicoleScott
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Here's how I see it:
Regardless of how someone presents, we should refer to them as they prefer.
But if we don't know that, we should refer to them as they present.
If their presentation is ambiguous, ask or avoid committing to a specific gender reference.
I'm, like you, a guy who likes to dress, and I have a feminine name and picture, so I prefer to be referred to as "she" when online or en femme in person..
As to the girl, gal, gurl - not important enough to take offense.

sometimes_miss
04-09-2014, 03:56 PM
The pronoun war rages. Big problem is, and will be, that when guys take female pronouns for themselves, it just makes everything confusing because no one really knows who is who. I know it's nice to call people whatever they want to be called, but it just gets everything very mixed up. A perfect example is the date a crossdresser website. EVERYONE lists themselves as female, even though the vast majority are guys who insist that they are heterosexual; but if they're listing as girls, wouldn't that mean they're attracted to boys? So there's no way to know who is male and who is female. We have the same here. May as well not even have names up.

Katey888
04-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Call me anything you.... What ? Another Brit's done that one...? Bet it's that Rebecca Garl... :hmph:

"Now then, now then, guys and gals..." Remember who used to say that...? :eek: (Another Brit joke..)

I remember someone saying a few months back that they found 'gurl' somewhat offensive... I can see that - but then wouldn't it be possible for GGs to find us using 'girl' offensive...? That's reasonable too.

On the other hand (and somewhat ironically, I find..) you have a mixed group of male and female clients in a restaurant and they are now almost universally hailed by the waiting staff with "Hi guys..." and "How are you guys today..." (Personally, I blame the Americans for this...) My wife finds this extremely annoying... but can you imagine the same group being welcomed with "Hello ladies..."? Unlikely...

What was the point...?

I'd be happier with Babe, Doll, Girl or Gal - In fact, Everything But The Gurl... :)

Katey x

Nadine Spirit
04-09-2014, 04:20 PM
I am not interested in transitioning and I do not think that I am a female. Nor do I think that my fem side is my true persona.

With that being said, if I am dressed as a woman, please address me as such. It's weird not to.

What do I not like, gurl. It goes along with murse, and mandles, and manscaping, and blah, blah, blah.

mechamoose
04-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I love being called 'girl' or 'hon' and such.. but that may be partly from my early bi/gay days. Gay boys call each other that kind of thing all the time.

It just fits me now as well or better, because the girl inside here loves the attention.

- MM

Laura912
04-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Not too dissimilar from a thread of about 2 years ago as are the responses including call me for supper. :)

Eryn
04-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Thinking about it, I would prefer to be called something gender-neutral, such as "Your Majesty"!

mechamoose
04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Her Nibs (http://pixel.nymag.com/content/dam/custom/images/2012/06/queenelizabethpurple2.gif)

GIFs are translated to JPGs by default?? :(

Babbs
04-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Here's how I see it:

I'm, like you, a guy who likes to dress, and I have a feminine name and picture, so I prefer to be referred to as "she" when online or en femme in person..

Nicole, right on again, Girlfriend!

Tina G
04-09-2014, 05:52 PM
I'd be happier with Babe, Doll, Girl or Gal - In fact, Everything But The Gurl... :)

She said it best and this is exactly the way i feel. If i meet you here or in public while i'm all dolled up i'd hope i wouldn't be called Sir. :2c:

Jamiegirl1
04-09-2014, 06:07 PM
I prefer the term "gurl" for myself,it does set me apart from a real girl,which I am obviously not...but don't really care which one is used...

Rachael Leigh
04-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I too am a guy who just happens to like girls, ladies, womens clothes. So if that's how my pictures present than girl or lady or hon is good for me. Nobody knows my male side anyway

PaulaQ
04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
As a trans woman, the term gurl infuriates me, as it's been used a time or two to misgender me. I don't care if others apply it to themselves, but I feel it's inappropriate for me. However, it's less offensive than calling me a <offsensive transsexual "S" word>.

Angie G
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm just a old crossdresser and I love being called a girl. I often wish I could be a real girl.:hugs:
Angie

Julia Welch
04-09-2014, 07:36 PM
not me ... I just like the clothes and I'm very happy to be a guy

suziebrooke
04-09-2014, 08:08 PM
I love to be called a girl when Im dressed up.... I do like girls too... but I guess I'd rather be a girl than being a boy.....

BLUE ORCHID
04-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Hi Jaylyn, I like either Lady or Ladies better.

phlover
04-09-2014, 09:07 PM
As far as I dress like a woman and talk with other CD/TV/TSs here, I want to be called a girl/gal/sister.
When other members call me in these names, I feel as if I'm a real girl/woman and its' real exciting to feel that way.
Isn't it because we recognize one another as girls/women that we're here and communicate?

Jilmac
04-09-2014, 09:57 PM
When I'm dressed I'm one of the girls and enjoy being treated as such, in guy mode I'm all guy, and present myself as such.

MarisaRose.
04-09-2014, 10:53 PM
When I'm dressed as Marisa, I'd prefer to be acknowledged as Marisa,,,

Melissa_59
04-09-2014, 11:09 PM
... "How are you guys today..." (Personally, I blame the Americans for this...) Katey x

Some of us Muricans would say "How y'all doing today?" instead.

:)

Melissa_59
04-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Personally I don't care for "gurl". It just strikes a wrong chord in me.

GeminaRenee
04-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Eh, whatever. Labels are more for the convenience of others than for me. Whatever you call me, just don't do so disrespectfully, and we'll be quite fine.

Beverley Sims
04-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Just don't call me "Late for dinner".

As Isha says labels are for soup cans....

Babbs
04-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Just don't call me "Late for dinner".

. Yes call me what you want but just don't call me late for dinner...haha Bev...old time saying...i like it

Marcelle
04-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Thinking about it, I would prefer to be called something gender-neutral, such as "Your Majesty"!

I'm with Eryn on this one although I think I would prefer "Sovereign Ruler and Grand Potentate of the Universe" :devil: . . . got to think big n'est pas.

In all seriousness, I am not fussed how people address me when I am out. If it makes their day to call me "sir" to prove I am not fooling them . . . then so be it. If they want to call me ma'am, miss, lady, girl, she that is fine as well.

Hugs

Isha

Jenny Elwood
04-10-2014, 03:45 AM
I can handle most anything myself. I got tired of being offended long ago.
It was a waste of time for me....and I often simply misunderstood.

I fully agree with this, and not only when it comes to this topic.

Georgia_Maine
04-10-2014, 09:43 AM
For some reason none of these terms appeal to me. When I write to just one of our members here I use their name. When I post to everyone on the forum I prefer to use "ladies". To me a lady is a feminine person with a gentile manner. I do hope we are all ladies here.

Melissa_59
04-10-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm with Eryn on this one although I think I would prefer "Sovereign Ruler and Grand Potentate of the Universe"

Hey, if we're going there a simple "Your Grace" (appropriate for a Duchess) would be fine with me. Of course I'm graceful... as a gazelle... in swim fins...

~Mel

Aneline
04-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Since I live in the bay area, you gotta call me iGirl

carhill2mn
04-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Girl, gal, lady, woman, female pronouns, I love them all. I can do without "gurl" though.

I agree with Cynthia. I am old enough that "ma'am" is also appreciated.

kendra_gurl
04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Except for when in print there is no difference between Girl and Gurl. When I am in public and anyone uses either to address me I cannot tell which spelling they are meaning.
While chatting in text the use of Gurl is a polite attempt for me to let others know what my gender really is without having to waste time defining it.

edith
04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
"Gal" feels old-fashioned and "gurl" has always bugged me. Personally I use "girls" and "ladies".

Kate Simmons
04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Let them call me anything they want. Talk is cheap but genuine action is priceless.:battingeyelashes::)

Robbin_Sinclair
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM
I have always referred to people on this site (and the breasts that they employ to make the image) as "girls." It seems so logical to me. Maybe because I think of myself as en fem when I am here and/or dressed.

If a person is "just like dressing up as a girl" but doesn't want to be called girl, I don't get it. I don't like "gurl" simply because I don't like mis-spellings just for the sake of pronunciation. A lot of people have names for businesses down here starting with "dem" for "them." "It's the island ting mon", they say. It drives me up a (palm) tree.

And, I just remember. When I wore nothing but costumes that were olive drab and I had no intent to dress en fem, people in authority would always call us girls. Usually, I thought it made those characters look predicable with little else to say. I never felt insulted. The paycheck made me feel insulted, not some career enlisted man.

Please call me "girl" and my girls will appreciate it.

And don't call me late for coffee. :hugs:

Rhanda
04-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I don't really care as long as it is a respectful word. Of course if I look like a female (and I can) then why would I expect to be addressed as 'Sir'? If someone calls me 'Fag' they had better be ready to fight.

Rhanda

reb.femme
04-10-2014, 02:37 PM
"Now then, now then, guys and gals..." Remember who used to say that...? :eek: (Another Brit joke..)

I'm glad you did that one!

Rebecca

Tina_gm
04-10-2014, 05:59 PM
I am fine with female pronouns. On a few occasions, my wife has even used them jokingly. On here especially, it makes sense to use them, but either way I am fine with.

julia marie
04-10-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't care one way or another whether people say girl, gal, or gurl. I tend not to use them, preferring to address people here by their online name. However, I love it when I'm out and about and I get called ma'am.

Jenelle
04-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I think I have tried replying to this thread about 3 times now, get distracted and never finish it. So I am on a mission!

I prefer to use the pronoun for how I am presenting. As far as the forum goes, I am always presenting female even if I havent shaved in a few days ;)

I can say, I do not like being called hon, reminds me too much of hun. Last time I checked I am neither Asian, nomadic nor ravaged Europe in roaming hordes during the 4th century.

Babbs
04-10-2014, 09:17 PM
If you go by a female name then female pronouns etc. are the common sense choice to use...ex. "Shellie, she is a pretty woman."

Launa
04-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Call me anything but sir.

paulawilder
04-10-2014, 10:03 PM
I like the female pronouns when I'm out dressed. I love it when cashiers call me "hun" or when I'm in a group and someone refers to me as "she". It feels right when I'm dressed.

sanderlay
04-11-2014, 01:04 AM
When addressing "everyone" assuming female gendered or male gendered or a combination of both terms does not work. It's better to use non gendered terms when addressing the group.

Addressing someone by their profile name should be fine as well. They picked it... so use it. But don't assume a gender to a name. Some names can go both ways. This is why I also try not to use he and she, guy or gal.

With all that said you may call me sanderlay, Debbie or Steve. I do prefer gender neutral terms. But it won't shake my world if you use a gendered term. I dislike [-]gurl[/-] as well, and so does my spell check. :D

SabrinaEmily
04-11-2014, 01:49 AM
I feel more like a girl than a woman, but I definitely don't feel like a gal. And the less said about "gurl", the better.

trisha kobichenko
04-11-2014, 03:00 AM
just call me girl or girlfriend, but call me often.
Hugs,
Trish

natcrys
04-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Just call me! :p

Actually, anything that shows a bit of respect and appreciation for the way I've chosen to present myself will do fine.

I like "Hey girl!" in English .. and if you happen to speak Dutch.. I always enjoy it when people say "Hee meid!" :)

noeleena
04-11-2014, 05:02 AM
Hi,

For my self im addressed as noeleena and that is how all those who know me call me,

officialy its Ms Noeleena .E. Loch-head. and includes all legal documents , on here or else where its just noeleena.

...noeleena...