PDA

View Full Version : A critique from a CD

NikiMichelle
04-09-2014, 10:12 PM
As a long term CD I, like many other CD's, like to watch and study woman for their clothing style, their hair/makeup, their feminine mannerism and overall looks/beauty. We often watch a "looker" with feelings of envy to be like her.

We know quite well what we like but we also know what we do not like.

As such, I often find myself critiquing in my mind how certain woman look and what I feel they are doing wrong in their presentation.

I truly doubt that non-CD males come close to doing this!

Do any of you find yourself doing the same critiquing?

mechamoose
04-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I evaluate "our girls" all the time. Am I critical? No. Do I compare? Yes.

I'm envious of all you pretty things that can pass.

>jealous<

- MM

Carly CD
04-09-2014, 10:24 PM
I do this all the time, both with feelings of envy and critique. Sometimes I find new ideas, other times I'm like OMG...really lol.

Sometimes my wife and I do it together makes if fun when we are out shopping.

suchacutie
04-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Getting pointers from the pros is always in style!

Beverley Sims
04-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Men don't want to go out with dragons or something that was left over from last night.
Usually they want angels..

It is all about perception and yes men do critique women.....All the time.

Our perception as CDer's is somewhat different. :)

Rachael Leigh
04-10-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure for me is critique is the right word but I do notice makeup how they do their eyes and such, I do also notice how they wear their clothes and the styles for sure. I like many styles but I do know what I like for me as well as my type of style so I guess I'm just looking for ideas more than anything

ClosetED
04-10-2014, 06:46 AM
We notice more details than other men - we look over the eyebrows, the makeup, the outfit - how would we look in that? or "I would have chosen something else to go with that!" or "She really knows how to put an outfit together" We watch her mannerisms for practice later. We love the look of women who get attention and want that for ourselves.
We are not thinking we would like to have sex with her in a closet.
I saw a woman the other day with lovely 4" black peep toe stiletto heels, but en drab cannot cross the line and tell her nice they are and ask where she got them.
Ellen

Ericaxd
04-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Like others here, I'm always looking at other women to see how they dress, move, etc. For example, unlike most men, I always notice a woman's shoes (and what an enormous variety!) Once in a while, I'll compliment a woman on, say, a pretty pair of earrings, but that's about it.

Adriana Moretti
04-10-2014, 06:57 AM
you can tell alot about a women by just looking at her shoes. My eye these days goes right to accessories too.

Katey888
04-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Niki - I know what you mean but I do think critique is the wrong word... :eek:

For me that's the equivalent of backseat drivers or armchair quarterbacks...

I would agree with others here that I probably look for more detail than a non-CD male (they don't know what they're missing... :heehee:) and I would admit to often being disappointed with how women dress around here, but then I'm not wearing a suit and tie to pick up some groceries either... that makes it a bit of an unfair perspective.

I truly don't see how a GG can be 'wrong' in their presentation, unless you just mean a bad colour combo or something trivial - after all, like us, they do have a right to be themselves and express that how they wish... :)

Katey x

Krisi
04-10-2014, 07:12 AM
You "critique how certain woman look and what I feel they are doing wrong in their presentation."

You forget that most women are basically people and are just out (much as you would be) doing their normal chores or recreation. If you are at a night club, it would be different, but women are under no more obligation to "present" than men do. Do you shower, shave shine your shoes and put on your best suit and tie to take your car to the car wash? To go to the home center for paint or lumber?

Women are not "objects" for us to critique. That's sexist. I like seeing a pretty lady as much as anyone but I'm not going to downgrade one because she's not in a miniskirt and heels.

BLUE ORCHID
04-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Hi Niki, I like to critique all the time my wife will be watching TV and I will make comments about their clothes and hair.

Chari
04-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Observing women when out & about has always been part of the CD/TG homework lesson plan! GG's display so much more than just a skirt/dress, makeup, & heels. For a CD/TG to "blend in", there is a long check list to be certain everything is as natural for them as it is for a GG. IMO, there are not too many classes available as to how to BE a woman, let alone look like one, which leaves the CD/TG to observe, learn, and practice, practice, practice! How else are we going to be educated to "pass"? Enjoy.

Kate Simmons
04-10-2014, 07:50 AM
I only critique my own looks. I never critique anyone else, including other CD's. To each their own I feel. It's an ongoing learning process in any case.:)

NikiMichelle
04-10-2014, 08:13 AM
To add some clarity to my post and what I am trying to express I offer up the Oxford Dictionary definition of the word "critique"..."Evaluate in a detailed and analytical way"...not to be confused with the word "criticize" of which I am certainly not intending to do by my statement...thanks for all the comments so far...you all are a wonderful group to associate with!

missynicole
04-10-2014, 08:27 AM
oh yes i do it all of the time...from the women in the office to the women on tv.......and of course yesterday when i was in the sproting goods store i so wanted to buy some colorful wonderful workout clothes rather than the drab man colors...so envious too....

NicoleScott
04-10-2014, 08:28 AM
NM, it was good that you clarified your post and the difference between critique (evaluate) and criticize (judge).
I agree that my perspective as a CDer is different than that of a non-CDer. Yes, as a CDer I observe and evaluate.
But as a man (A CDer who identifies as a man but likes to dress up occasionally) my perception isn't different, just my perspective.
I also observe and evaluate women as a man apart from CDing.
For example, looking through catalogs with lots of pretty models, I like to play a game of choosing one to BE and one to BE WITH.
They can be but aren't necessarily the same. Same perception, different perspective.

Annaliese
04-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Oh yes, I start at the shoes, if they do not interest me, then I stop.

Krististeph
04-10-2014, 08:54 AM
d'accord! Of course! And How!

Dumb girls... they ignore things we would nearly kill for!

Lexi Moralas
04-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I am often jealous of "lookers ". But what I find my self noticing lately are 2 things
1) females of many ages that naturally have "it" but present as total slobs. This drives me crazy cuz so many girls would ( t and GG ) would kill for what they have. And it would take so little effort for them to look so amazing but it seems they can't be bothered.

2) then there are the females again of all age groups who haven't been so blessed , may be they are a little heavy , or not all that pretty or what ever the case me be but they are working the crap out of what god has given them , with fashion , make up and accessories. I have the greatest respect for these girls. I think they are kind of like us in a way , they use available resources to present the best image they can with what they were given.

carhill2mn
04-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Oh, yes! I think that we CDs are more likely to do this as we know what we have to do to present a nice image..

Zylia
04-10-2014, 01:06 PM
For a minute there I thought this was going to be one of those "I know better than women what women should wear" threads. Phew, crisis averted. But yes, it's very likely that a cross-dressing men know a little more about women's fashion than 'normal' guys do, but that isn't saying much.

Katey888
04-10-2014, 02:47 PM
To add some clarity to my post and what I am trying to express I offer up the Oxford Dictionary definition of the word "critique"..."Evaluate in a detailed and analytical way"...not to be confused with the word "criticize" of which I am certainly not intending to do by my statement...thanks for all the comments so far...you all are a wonderful group to associate with!

Not to divert the thread at all (I'll be deleting my own posts soon... :facepalm:) but my old Shorter Oxford (2002 edition) which usually collects dust more often than not, has this as the definition for the verb: Discuss critically... Make a critical assessment of.
Which was how I interpreted it...

And Merriam-Webster online has it as: to express your opinion about the good and bad parts of (something)

Has the good old online Oxford English gone all politically correct on us...? :eek:

But yes, Niki - I defer to your choice of definition as it's your topic... :notworthy:

(Still think GGs can't be critiqued though... :))

Katey x

NicoleScott
04-10-2014, 03:09 PM
A critic gives a reasoned assessment, not necessarily a negative one. Food critic, movie critic, etc. There are, unfortunately, some critics who think in order to be good one, they have to find something bad to say, even among the good. I knew one of those, long ago, who worked for a newspaper and reviewed movies and concerts in town, Always had something negative to say. But negative comments don't define all critics (just this one, like the one in Rattatouille before his "conversion").
If you see a woman who, in your assessment, is perfect, no flaws, dressed and made up perfectly, every hair in place, wouldn't change anything, you can still call it a critique.

Hell on Heels
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Hell-o Niki, I admit there are a few times that I find myself doing a little critiquing. Not of the GG who is obviously just out taking care of business and not at all trying to present the best she possibly can. But of the ones that are, and just have something wrong. Wether it be color combos, style of shoes, makeup, whatever it is that catches my eye and is screaming NOOOOOO! I then find myself trying to figure out what might look better.
Much Love,
Kristyn