PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought you were safe in your own...

Wildaboutheels
04-10-2014, 12:16 AM
back yard...dressed and/or taking pics or whatever...

The Drones are coming. The Drones are coming.

Actually they have have been around for quite a #of years but now anyone willing to give up their cigarettes for a couple of months can go out and buy one as they have gotten ever cheaper and better. Probably not much to worry about unless you have "the neighbor from hell". [as I believe at least one member here does] Many can carry high def cameras and some have them built in.

There was a segment on my local news a couple of days ago. A guy was flying one [with a camera] over a public beach on Treasure Island and another guy took issue. The cops were summoned. They ARE legal, over a beach, at least for now. And we ARE all fair game anywhere in public.

How would you feel about one over YOUR back yard? I imagine if a CDer has any "enemies"...? Vindictive Xs etc.

In the grand scheme of things probably not too much to worry about?

On second thought there may be some here who might love to put on a "show" should they spot a drone over their yard?

Orihime
04-10-2014, 12:28 AM
That reminds me of a couple years ago. I saw a small plane circling the area and I wondered why. He was up there for a good 15 minutes. Little did I know a neighbor was sun bathing topless until she head me say "Why the hell is that plane circling". laughs were had but that's what that story reminded me of.

Rachelakld
04-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Not an issue, people in public can be photographed anyway, okay it might show an unwanted bald spot or 2.
I know in the USA you can sue everybody for anything and for outrageous sums (well that's the impression the rest of the world has), but really, unless your murdering anyone or doing other illegal stuff, is it really an issue (unless you can actually win a court case for $20,000,000 for invasion of privacy that is, then I would be strongly offended by a drone)

Beverley Sims
04-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Photo drones are the latest must have, quiter than the six foot wingspan model aircraft I have, I could only take off in the street and now I can elevate the drone in my back yard and it is battery operated and quiet. I have access to high definition satellite imges so as a resolution of about six inches can be reached.

Seen no cross-dressers or cross un-dressers yet. :)

Marcelle
04-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Just buy yourself a cheap remote control plane and when you see the drone . . . ramming speed. People can shell out anywhere from $1000 - $7000 for the drone and camera I think once they have it rammed out of the sky, they are less likely to fly in over your area again. :)

Hugs

Isha

Kate Simmons
04-10-2014, 04:55 AM
They come into my air space they are toast plain and simple. The downside of these things is that if they fail at an inopportune time they can do a lot of damage and hurt people.:)

Wildaboutheels
04-10-2014, 05:17 AM
I believe someone or some group put a bounty on them in Texas. Unsure what the going rate was or how it played out. Lots of various sources all point in the same direction. Many young lawyers of today will get their houses, yachts, RVs etc. paid off because of all the obvious drone squabbles just around the corner.

kimdl93
04-10-2014, 06:21 AM
I'm not particularly paranoid, nor particularly interesting. However, if it stuck around long enough it might scare away the birds.

Anna H
04-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Here as well. Looks like open season on drones...no permit required; no limit!

You go girl! I live in the stix in Mid Tenn, and the same goes up here!

Thanks Girls! I hope we get our chance this season! lol!

Katey888
04-10-2014, 07:27 AM
How would I feel? Probably not too paranoid so no, not a likely enough occurrence to worry about...

I do like the idea of a market for anti-Drone-Drones though... with little heat seeking missiles on them, and then the drones would drop flares and chaff, and then we'd have barbecues that would convert to back garden SAM installations, and satellite receiver dishes that could be used to track drones, and phased array microwave antennas built into solar panels, and....

Honestly? More chance of being hit by a falling satellite...

Katey x

BLUE ORCHID
04-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Hi WAH, I'm more worried about the Government Black Helicopters.

Anna H
04-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Not here. People have better sense than to go flying little spy objects
over private property. They know very well what will happen. lol!

NicoleScott
04-10-2014, 08:35 AM
I could have sworn I heard a quack. Only when I heard it hit the ground did I realize it wasn't a duck.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

But, really, if someone wants pics of CDers, go online. It's easier and cheaper.

Krisi
04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
In the USA at least, we have lost pretty much all expectation of privacy. There are video systems everywhere. Buy gas, go to a store, bank, ATM, you are on camera. Some cities have installed cameras on city streets and even use face recognition software (if you're wearing a wig and makeup you're probably safe though). Even private homeowners may have security cameras set up. Cell phones and hidden cameras make it easy for someone to photograph you without your knowledge or permission.

Go to the "street view" on Google Earth and you'll see your home and anyone who happened to be walking or driving by at the time.

If you walk outside your home or even if you walk by a window without a blind or shade, you should assume that people can see and photograph you.

Personally, I think that if you're not "out" to the world, your back yard is the worst place to dress. Better to go to another town or city where people won't associate you with your home.

natcrys
04-10-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't have a garden.. but if I would have one, the only things I'd be doing in there is BBQ-ing with friends.. in which case I wouldn't be dressed because I don't want my clothes to smell. Or reading the newspaper with a cup of coffee in the weekend... in which case.. it would be too early to dress up.. :p

In all seriousness, privacy in the strictest sense is a dream. I assume that any organization with the will and resources will figure out who I am and what I do. I stopped worrying.. and just try use common sense with my public stuff.. internet, garden, balcony, etc.

shawnsheila
04-10-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't care if they are flying around in public though I can understand privacy advocation / public safety concerns, but if they fly over my house ( air space ;) ) I'm down for some target practice too ;) Wabbit season, duck season, dwone season

CynthiaD
04-10-2014, 10:35 AM
And if they don't manage to get a picture of me in my backyard, they could always follow me to the mall, or the grocery store, or whatever. :)

Melissa_59
04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
How would I feel? Probably not too paranoid so no, not a likely enough occurrence to worry about...

I do like the idea of a market for anti-Drone-Drones though... with little heat seeking missiles on them, and then the drones would drop flares and chaff, and then we'd have barbecues that would convert to back garden SAM installations, and satellite receiver dishes that could be used to track drones, and phased array microwave antennas built into solar panels, and....

Honestly? More chance of being hit by a falling satellite...

Katey x

You're probably right about the satellite Katey, but this is known as an Emerging Market. Wonder how long it would take me to build a prototype Anti Drone system...

:D

Karren H
04-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Just one more good reason to not get caught outside..... wearing womens jeans! lol

Anna H
04-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I guess I'm lucky....my backyard is +200 acres of forest. Nobody
can see my backyard unless they're doing something known here as
"trespassing"....which is clearly posted.

My neighbors would be far more concerned about "getting caught" (lol!)
spying on their neighbors.

If their toys went missing, it's not likely one would want to go to
court to defend his/her right to spy on their neighbors. Such a thing
wouldn't be viewed with any kind of favor around here.

Of course, Mr Google can direct his/her satellites and watch me mowing
my lawn in my maids uniform if they choose, but so far I haven't
seen myself on youtube.

The question then becomes, will they have to pay me royalties?

I'm retaining a lawyer (just in case) ASAP.

lol!

Stephanie47
04-10-2014, 02:14 PM
The Washington State legislature is in the process of coming up with rules for government agencies using drones. I have no problem with private citizens using drone on their own property such as farmers with large acreage. I view a drone above my house, lingering or circling, as an invasion of my privacy. It is no different than a neighbor hanging over my fence watching whatever happens in my space. I cannot shoot it down (legally), but, if it low enough to be netted then it's burnt toast. It may be no more than a petty annoyance, but, they have enough weight to hurt someone on impact. Somewhere along the line the FAA will get some rules.

If I am CD-ing or just plain using my backyard it's an invasion of my privacy. Would using a drone to spy on a nude sunbather be anything different than "upskirting" a woman at the mall. There is an expectation of privacy.

Chari
04-10-2014, 02:38 PM
With more and more drones flying about, it sounds like opportunity knocking to start a business selling camouflage netting and aluminum deflectors! Enjoy.

Lorileah
04-10-2014, 03:13 PM
not seeing this as a crossdressing issue.