PDA

View Full Version : Danielle steps out into the world... and talks to people :)

Danielle Austin
04-11-2014, 02:41 AM
It's taken 42 years, but tonight I dressed as Danielle and ACTUALLY went somewhere.......with people. I know that for many of you, this is no big deal. For me, tonight was transcendent.

As courageous act go, mine was but a small step. I went to a gay bar and watched a drag show in Dallas. Here is my story....

-I walked out the side door of my hotel towards my car. It was then I realized that my heart was not pounding, like I had in the past when I've ventured for a simple car ride.
-I drove to the club, parked three blocks away. As I strolled down the street, I passed people. I looked at them and smiled. Maybe they were thinking, 'look at that crossdresser'. 'So what', I thought.
- I passed three police officers at the entrance to the club and smiled again.
- I got carded at the door. The hostess said that 'there was NO way I was 42'. I smiled again.
- I went upstairs and ordered a drink. The bartender called me 'sweetie'.

This was the first time I had ever been in a gay bar , and the first time I've seen a drag show in person. It was great fun. Some of the girls were spectacular. There was a boyfriend & girlfriend and their male friend sitting behind me. At one point, right after one of the performers showered a great deal of attention on the boyfriend -much to the delight of the girlfriend - the other male friend tapped my shoulder to tell me that it was funny to watch a straight guy's first time in a gay club. I said, 'Well its my first time too'. I actually enjoyed the moment when he realized I was not just a pretty blond in front of him.

A few minutes later somebody else came to me, just to tell me they thought I was beautiful. I thanked him and smiled.

-When I went to the bathroom, I looked at the M and the W, and then walked right into the womens bathroom. It felt right.

- After the show was done, I walked out with several of the performers. On thing about walking behind three 6'-3" tall drag queens is that everybody we passed was too blinded by their awesomeness to spend much time staring at me.

-I drove back to the hotel, and walked right in the front door.

-I then took a couple of quick photos of myself before writing this post.

For the first time, in forever, I feel peaceful.

trisha kobichenko
04-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Sweetie, this post is AWESOME!!! and so are your pix. You are gorgeous and I hope to look this good some day.
Hugs,
Trish

prene
04-11-2014, 03:06 AM
OMGosh,
You look great.
I love your jeans. What type are they?
I am envious you are so lean, great figure.

KristyE
04-11-2014, 03:34 AM
You lived my dream, I've thought of that as the perfect first night out.

You look so cute sweetie, it's just great. Thank you for sharing.

Love KristyE

Persephone
04-11-2014, 03:57 AM
What a wonderful evening, Danielle! Congratulations!

Hugs,
Persephone.

wanagione
04-11-2014, 04:19 AM
I'm glad you had such a good time! You look so happy in the pictures! Keep going girl, have fun.

Maria in heels
04-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time Danielle...you look great too!

Rhonda Darling
04-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Danielle:
Sounds like a really great experience. As a first time out actually going someplace, seems like you found a bucketful of courage and confidence to get you through the night. Glad it was perfect. The pink fog should now be rolling in and I expect you'll be going out often.

Your look is really fabulous and I can easily understand you passing without anyone blinking.

Enjoy being out and about.

Rhonda

Majella St Gerard
04-11-2014, 06:00 AM
Good for you, there's no turning back now.

Marcelle
04-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Hi Danielle,

Firstly you look awesome and that smile of yours is electric. I am glad you had a great first experience and you have experienced the intoxicating power of being out and about.

Hugs

Isha

Danielle Austin
04-11-2014, 07:16 AM
OMGosh,
You look great.
I love your jeans. What type are they?
I am envious you are so lean, great figure.

-Thank you for your kind words. The jeans are just a pair of Levis Leggings. I bought them to wear with boots, but it was 82 degrees yesterday, so I wore sandals.

Jamie Lynn
04-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Way to go, Danielle! What a fun evening and you look great!!

Anna H
04-11-2014, 07:48 AM
That is Ultra Cool! You look Super Nice too! Your post made
me feel Great myself! ♥

:happy:

MarisaRose.
04-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Danielle, congratulations, a great evening out and btw you look fabulous!!!
Marisa

samantha rogers
04-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Wow, what an awesome adventure, and you look great! I am so happy for you!:hugs:

Rachael Leigh
04-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Sounds like a really nice time, you look great too I understand why they thought you were a real gg. Great smile

Gretchen_To_Be
04-11-2014, 08:58 AM
What a great experience. Sounds thrilling!

mykell
04-11-2014, 09:17 AM
well danielle that was nice to read, one thing i noticed is that you are very pretty, and your smile what can i say..its amazing, the whole look, saw your jean post earlier and what a figure you showed then and now,
thanks for sharing with us....

Jenniferathome
04-11-2014, 09:22 AM
It's taken 42 years, but tonight I dressed as Danielle and ACTUALLY went somewhere.......with people. I know that for many of you, this is no big deal. For me, tonight was transcendent....

It IS a big deal!

But I need to add, going to a "straight" venue is no different. People basically don't care. Do one people watching and see what the women are wearing wherever you choose to go and use that as your style guide. You'll be fine

JanetM.
04-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Good job Danielle, I love your choice in clothes as well as the hairstyle. I can see why you had no problem with the public.

shawnsheila
04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Yay!!! Welcome to the public! :) it is such a liberating feeling! I am glad you were able to enjoy it and hopefully you get to enjoy many more days/nights out like that. You look Fab by the way

Katey888
04-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Cool experience, Danielle - well done you! :cheer:

I'm sure you'll have many more, and the best thing about it all is how it made you feel - peaceful is a great feeling!

Take care and enjoy!

Katey x

Chari
04-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Very typical look - you, your smile, and the attire of a natural GG, just having a fun day! Enjoy.

Lexi Moralas
04-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Great story ! Thank you for sharing with us !
And from your pics I'm not surprised at all they you received complements , you look awesome !

S. Lisa Smith
04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Wonderful evening and you look fabulous!!!!

MustangGirl
04-11-2014, 12:04 PM
I remember my first time out, and yes it is a really big moment. Looking at your pictures, all I can say, the girl that carded you was right, you don't look 42, and how sexy you are. Keep on going out, and keep having great times.

Julie Denier
04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Great story, cute pics! ;)

sara lahna
04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
cheers and way to go.

Beverley Sims
04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Danielle,
May the rest of your life be as joyous as the last few hours seem to have been :)

Millie.Graham
04-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Congratulations Danielle. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

Nadine Spirit
04-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Way to go! Good for you! Oh and yes, it is a big deal, most certainly. :)

BLUE ORCHID
04-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Hi Danielle, You are out there now , There's no holding you back anymore.

Connie.Marie
04-11-2014, 08:21 PM
What a FANTASTIC story Danielle and what a FANTASTIC looking lady you are.
From your pictures, passing was never in question..
And I agree with the hostess, there is NO WAY you're 42.. Love your look. And how DO you stay so skinny?

Congratulations on getting out - all that practicing at home paid off. Keep enjoying!

Hugs, Connie Marie

eddiegae
04-11-2014, 08:33 PM
*Sigh* That was so awesome! (wipes a jealous tear from her face)

Lillyasia
04-11-2014, 10:46 PM
That is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to reading about your next outing. Congratulations Danielle on breaking out.

lindsey89
04-11-2014, 11:51 PM
Sounds Fabulous! Congratualtions