PDA

View Full Version : Ever change your femme name?

Lisa Maren
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone

Here's a hypothetical (at least for me) thought:

The thought has crossed my mind that if I ever did find an SO I might need to use a different femme name regardless of the name of my SO.

Lisa is the name of a girl in high school who liked to wear pantyhose and also the name of a pretty redhead I once kissed on the forehead. I have wondered from time to time if, for those reasons, using the name Lisa for myself might cause any sort of problem with the SO if I had one. I wouldn't really be surprised if it did. I would understand that.

Has anyone else ever changed their femme name? (I'd bet that some of us have.)

Hugs,
Lisa

Angela Burke
01-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I'll always be Angela
Wouldn't ever change her.
Coudn't be anyone else!
A big Giant kiss to all my sisters here.
Mmmwahh, Mnnnwahh!
Its great being a girl!

I'll always be Angela?
Then change to Angie?
Sorry!
I'll stick with Angie.
It's still great being a girl!

Love Angie XX

Love Angie XX

sparkle
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
At first I was Lacie. But this caused an issue for my wife because of a real person of that name that she knew. So after a bit of negotiation with her, I am now Sheila when wearing "normal" dresses and skirts. But when I have a full skirted dress or full skirt (poufed out with petticoats), I am Cinderella (her idea, but I am getting used to it).

My forum login, Sparkle, comes from a material used to make petticoats and my jewlery tastes.

Nikki Dee
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi. Hun...NEVER changed my name...NEVER will...I like my femme name...and it actually means something to me...which is the main reason I chose it in the first place.
Love nikki. x

Joanne08
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Lisa,

I may have to change mine soon. My wife recently found out about my dressing and we're slowly talking about it. With my first wife I chose the name Joanne because it is a derrivation of my name and my sister's who should have been me. Well, my new wife's name is Joanne and she uses Jo or JoJo as a nick name. So do I. So I think I'll be changing my femme name. I've been racking my brain trying to decide what it should be and still use the nick name Jo. Nothing sounds just right.:(

Love, Jo

Krissi
01-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I've gone through a couple names myself. I always liked names that are spelled differently. My first name was Renae then I went with Mandi. I never wanted anything close to my male name of Chris. Well about a year I got over that and settled on Krissi. Spelled way different, but close enough that I can respond to.

Maddie Nolan
01-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I had to change mine. My wife always knew I had a "thing" for lingerie but when she found out the whole truth, so to speak, the only thing she couldn't accept was my choice of name, Jennifer. Everything else she was fine with, almost without question.
So she decided to re-christen me and she chose Maddie. I still prefer Jennifer, but hey ho, its a small price to pay for such an accepting wife!

Fallen Angel
01-12-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll always be Angela
Wouldn't ever change her.
Coudn't be anyone else!

Love Angela XX
Im like angea,fallen angel has been around for so long and very much part of my life i couldnt bear to do it xxxx

Deborah
01-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Cheryl-----Amy-----Deborah.

Yes i'm done. I'm not changing it anymore. :D

GypsyKaren
01-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi Lisa

I've always been Karen, always will be, it's who I am. I picked up the nickname Gypsy last year from my wife, it seems to fit me rather well.

GypsyKaren

Paula Rae
01-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I love my name as much as I love my "Barely There" panties, which I change every day but I'll never change my name.

My real name is "Richard" and was called "Ricky" from which "Ricki" evolved.

Ricki B Good

Amelia Moxon
01-12-2006, 04:56 PM
...Mine from Michelle to Amelia, I cant think I'll be changing it again though.

Hugs
Amelia xxx

DonnaT
01-12-2006, 05:02 PM
I've not changed mine and my wife hasn't had any issues with it, so I don't think I will have a need to do so.

kathy gg
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Lisa,
Cool thread!

Uhm, I met this couple at our groups Xmas party last year and the cd introduced himself to me as Stephanie, then he introduced his girlfriend , Stephanie....I was like...."oh, okay." Of course he had that name picked way before he met his girlfriend, but I thought it was kinda funny.

My hubby had Amanda for ages I guess. I kinda like it and I can't seem to recall ever knowing a gg from my real life with that name so no weird conotations with it...now....if he had been an Emily :( .....oh...dont' wanna go there...

fionablack
01-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I never chose my femme name. It was given to me by a girl who worked for a dressing service I went to in the early days of my cross dressing. I was about 18 and it was my first ever time fully made up and dressed and she looked me up and down and said "you look like a Fiona"

To be honest, there are alot of girls names I like better (Stephanie is always one that tempted me) but after she named me Fiona I just thought it was right to stick with it. It is who I am.

Miriannah
01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I guess I'm a rather odd breed then, as I don't have a 'femme name' at all. Miriannah? Well, that's just a nice, anonymous nickname to use for posting here and nothing more.

The closest for me would be various names I've used in various online games, although I've changed them several times. So, I guess my answer is yes, I would. ^^

Amanduhrob
01-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I actually named myself on my first outing en femme, it was halloween (of course) and I dressed like a call girl, and my ex as my pimp.

We were having a good time until a drunk fella kept hitting on me, and I finally said..."Dude, I'm A Man, Duh! And thats how I was christened Amanduh.

FionaAlexis
01-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I changed my name from Dorothy to Fiona around the same time as I changed countries and nationality. No! I wasn't on witness protection.

Fiona xx

Ellisia_Lynch
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I used to be Catherine as that was going to be my name if I were born a GG, but wife has a sister with the same name so I changed it about a year ago. I couldn't find a feminine version that I like of my first name - Matthew, so I feminized my middle name - Ellis.

Ellisia

Michelle_1010
01-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I still use two ....for the most part I use Michelle due to the fact that my name is Mike but I like the name Tamara better.. I just think that it is a much sexier name so in some cases I use that also....

SandraInHose
01-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, one for each forum that I partake in. Although I'm fairly new to this one, I have been posting in other forums for a couple of years.

Sandra is actually the name of a friend of the wife. I didn't choose it because of her, but just liked the name.

ReginaK
01-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I haven't changed it. IF I ever decided to go any furthur, I doubt i'd keep my name though.

rnewpoint GG
01-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi Lisa,

I may have to change mine soon. My wife recently found out about my dressing and we're slowly talking about it. With my first wife I chose the name Joanne because it is a derrivation of my name and my sister's who should have been me. Well, my new wife's name is Joanne and she uses Jo or JoJo as a nick name. So do I. So I think I'll be changing my femme name. I've been racking my brain trying to decide what it should be and still use the nick name Jo. Nothing sounds just right.:(

Love, Jo

What about Jolene? I rather like that name. A friend of mine has taken that name.

rnewpoint GG
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I used to be Catherine as that was going to be my name if I were born a GG, but wife has a sister with the same name so I changed it about a year ago. I couldn't find a feminine version that I like of my first name - Matthew, so I feminized my middle name - Ellis.

Ellisia

You could of gone with Maddie? Rachel

MsJanessa
01-12-2006, 07:42 PM
30 years ago when I was in collage I used the name Dolly---but when I started dressing again 20 years ago I took Janessa and never went back---Janessa Lashe:dom:

MsJanessa
01-12-2006, 07:44 PM
That's "college" for those of us who graduated.

Miss Lulu
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I've been "baptized" Lulu by my girlfriend . It started, more or less, as a joke a few years ago. The name stayed since and I like it very much. I don't think I would ever change it. I feel that the name was meant for me.

TGMarla
01-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Funny, I just answered this in another thread. I was "Elena", but somehow I never felt that it fit me well. I changed it to "Marla" about two years ago.

ChristineRenee
01-12-2006, 09:03 PM
No...other than I like to go by the name Chrissie a lot more now than I do Christine. Just sounds less formal and more friendlier to me!:)

David R
01-12-2006, 10:53 PM
I always enjoyed when my wife referred to me as Dannielle when I was dressed but I am sure that even if we revisit my crossdressing I will probably be nameless who knows

Laura
01-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Lisa, I chnged my fem-name last year at the request of my spouse. She asked if I wold change it to Laura since she thought of my previous name as the 'other woman'. She told me she wanted a girl friend. Soooo...I changed it to Laura!! Not too bad a change... Huggs! Laura

kristytv
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
well i had a hard time figuring out a name that fit , it took about a month , i had a friend named kristen at the time and she was of with me using some variation of her name, she thought it was cute. so i picked kristy and have been when femme ever since , oh btw should i of been female, my mom wanted amber, i dont like it and it doesnt fit

Francine
01-12-2006, 11:04 PM
For me, it's always been Francine. Just a name that I picked up in a fiction story book and liked it. Been referring to my fem self as Francine every since.

And Laura, my wife has always refered to the Francine ..as the "other woman". She doesn't care for Francine and has no desire to ever see her. sighhhhhhh.

Lisa Maren
01-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi everyone

Thanks for your informative responses!

Angela – I like that name. I’m glad you get to keep it!

Sparkle – That’s cute that your wife calls you Cinderella when you’re wearing a full/poofed skirt. That’s a really nice expression of her acceptance, you lucky girl, you! When you’re in boy mode does she ever call you Cinderfella? lol Just kidding!

Nikki – I hear that sister. That’s why I chose both names actually, Lisa and Meaghan (except Meaghan started out without special meaning other than just liking the name; I instilled it with meaning afterwards by naming one of my favorite characters in my stories Meaghan).

Joanne – I hear that, too. Someone suggested Jolene. I thought of the name Josephine, which I think is actually kinda purty (or maybe Jocelyn or Josie).

Krissi – You’re wonderfully creative about picking your names! I like different spellings, too. That’s why I went with Meaghan instead of Megan.

Maddie – You certainly got that one right, sister! Good for you!

Fallen Angel – That’s a pretty name. It sounds like it might have a lot of meaning behind it. Tells us more about it, if you want to and are comfortable!

Deborah – Ah! You’ve arrived! Lucky girl!

Karen – Well, when it’s that much of an expression of who you are, then you should keep it! I like your wife’s nickcame, Gypsy. Another wonderful expression of a wife’s acceptance, lucky girl?

Ricki – I like it! It sounds very California for some reason.

Amelia – Yes, I imagine that should it become necessary for me to change mine it will feel strange for a while; it’s not something I imagine I’d want to go through any more times than I had to!

Donna – Ah, perfect! A nice name that you get to keep; talk about having your cake and eating it too! lol

Kathy – Thanks for your compliment! Stephanie & Stephanie, eh? That is funny! Someone goes "Hey Steph!" and they both turn their heads? lol I once heard of a couple named Alson and Allison. Hmmm, I wonder if... ?

Fiona – I like that name! There was a movie not too far back with a character named Fiona… (it was an Irish film, duh). What was it called, d*mn it? Oh I remember what it was called! It was The Secret of Rowan Inish. The little girl was the one named was Fiona.

Miriannah – I think you should keep that name. It’s wonderfully unique and, I think, quite pretty!

Amanduh – That’s hysterically funny how you picked out your name! I always love it when there’s a great story behind a name!

Fiona Alexis – Wow. What did you do? Just kidding! I like the name Fiona! I was mentioning earlier the movie The Secret of Rowan Inish. Great movie and the little girl, Fiona, was a great character!

Ellisia -- I like that name, too. If you’re still looking for a name closer to Matthew then how about Mathilda or Martha? Martha Plimpton is one of my favorite actresses. She seems to get rather various and sundry roles, but she always does a wonderful job.

Sandra – Another nice name! Actually, Sandra was the name of a little girl who once pointed out to me when I was, what, 6 or so, that I was sitting like a girl since I had my legs crossed at my knees. She then demonstrated to me how boys are supposed to sit with one ankle on the other knee. lol She was probably the first person to point out anything feminine about me.

Regina – Why not? It’s a nice name! If memory serves, that’s the name of Kay Scarpetta’s niece in Patricia Cornwell’s novels. I love her character.

Janessa – Your name is another of those wonderfully unique ones! I love it! Do keep it!

Lulu – Don’t you dare change it! Not with a fun story behind it like that! (Unless you break up with your girlfriend I suppose).

Marla – Well good for you, Marla! It’s hard enough for us to have to hide our femme sides the way we do. I think you deserve to use a name that you like!

Chrissie – I agree. It sounds very friendly and approachable.

Danielle – If you enjoyed it, you should keep it if you can!

Laura – I’ve always liked that name. I have some nice memories of a girl named Laura.

Kristy – That’s a very cute name! I thought about a variety of other names, too, including using Meaghan as my first name, but Lisa stuck on me.

Francine – Oh, man. I’m sorry to hear that. Well, you've got lots of support here anytime you need it! BTW I like your name, too!

Hugs,
Lisa

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-13-2006, 03:30 AM
A few months ago I changed my name from Darla to Marlena -- used the occasion to write a bit of lengthy post about the reason why. But the short answer is Darla was a name I chose quickly when I wanted to go online and after awhile it didn't feel like "me." So I spent about a month or so investigating new names and mentally tried on "Marlena" for a couple weeks before making the switch.

BTW, the owner of a local CD salon jokingly mentioned that she hates when us girls change our names, so I'm guessing that it's not that infrequent.

Sally Gray
01-13-2006, 04:35 AM
I confess I have changed my name. When I first went online I used Alex suffixed with the usual "tv_uk" or similar.

With dressing getting more serious it just wasn't quite the image I wanted.

So I came up with my current name, which incidentally come from a girl I was at primary school with, many years ago!

Sharon
01-13-2006, 04:47 AM
I never stuck with a name for myself until I joined this forum. I never felt a need since I had never interacted with other people who knew me in this persona. I had a name I used for mail-order and online purchases, and which I also had credit cards for, but it was just an alias to me.

Now, I am weaning that name and replacing the cards, and I am sure that I am Sharon for the remainder of my life now. It's me.

suanne
01-13-2006, 06:28 AM
When I first joined the forum I didn't have a fem name. I had to think of something so I used Sueanne. I must have not spelled it properly it came out Suanne. Wow! All these years I never knew my very closest friends name.:D

Suanne

Ellisia_Lynch
01-13-2006, 08:25 AM
You could of gone with Maddie? Rachel

Yes that was an option, but I never really liked it (sorry to any Maddies out there). I have never liked being called Matty as a guy either.

Matilida is just awful.....any other ideas?

Ellisia

LisaRaye
01-13-2006, 08:38 AM
I changed my name once not cause of issues, I just want too cause my image changed.

Clare
01-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes, i've had several names over the last three decades!

The first was 'Keiko' which I got from a Japanese exchange student who lived with my boss' family way back in the mid eighties. I didn't really need a femme name at the time, but I so liked the way she pronouced her own name, I wanted it!

More recently, just after the ex wife left me, I joined this forum and named myself Christine. It was a name she jokingly called me after stating I wanted to buy makeup from a catalogue (she didn't know about my XDR'ing).

Just before Xmas, I decided that Christine kept reminding me of the ex wife, so I changed to Clare which I feel very comfortable with. I seem to respond to that name when I hear it spoken in public even!

ericalynne
01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
I am ericalynne always and forever. kiss

mudanjel
01-14-2006, 12:34 AM
If I were a CD, my name would be *Lorelie Dawn*.

(remind me to do my signature ;) )

racquel
01-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Several times,feel comfortable with Racquel and expect to be her the rest of my life.

Lisa Marie
01-14-2006, 09:24 AM
I have had several names before in the past. I was Mariah once and Amy and Stephanie, Ive been Angela for almost a year now. Hopefully this is the end here for me name changing it gets to confusing.

Brenda Elizabeth
01-14-2006, 10:01 AM
In my early closetted days, crossdressing, having a femme name never occured to me. Then about 20 years ago I saw an advert in the Exchange and Mart about Transformations changing services in London. I remember plucking up courage to phone for an appointment and the girl taking the particulars asked me my name. Automatically I gave her my male name, but the girl, replied, 'no, darling your female name' so on the spur of the moment I said 'Jane'. Now the only reason I can think off for giving this name was that in one of the national daily papers, The Mirror I think, there used to be a comic strip called 'Jane' and she was my fantasy girl in my very early years.
It was a year or later when I started going to TG venues and 'away days' I used my credit card for payment. Now my credit card does not have a title just my male initials and surname. So as not to cause confusion when using it enfemme I changed my name from Jane to Brenda Elizabeth, the same as my initials on my card.

love
Brenda XXX

joni-alice
01-14-2006, 01:05 PM
you know what they say about roses, well the same thing, i guess, applies to all of us flowers.
I sorta have three names and am me whichever one i use. Let's not even mention e-mail addresses, I'm just a girl who can't say no to a free new e-mail address offer.
luv,
j-a:cool:

LisaMariaCD
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
(edit)

Lisa is the name of a girl in high school who liked to wear pantyhose and also the name of a pretty redhead I once kissed on the forehead.

(edit)

Sounds familiar! There was a girl in my Jr. High named Lisa who I soooo envied! I took that name and never looked back.

Maria came from my mother when I came out to her - had I been a girl she most likely would have wanted to name me Maria, after Natalie Wood in West Side Story.

I won't give either one up.

Lisa

Bridget
01-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Yes, but it was because Carolyn didn't sound as nice with my last names as Iris did.

Karren H
01-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Karren has always been my female name but recently i have developed a different look that i have named Kandice. Karren's evil twin. LOL

Karren - http://360.yahoo.com/karrenhutton
Kandice - http://360.yahoo.com/coalminerbabe

love Karren

johnny
01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
:cool: when i was younger and no one knew what i was doing (cd ing) i never really used a name . when i hit 30 i had a girlfriend rene i'll call her, i shared my passion of cd ing with her and we came up with the name tracy... however that was a short yet passionate relationship and tracy fell to the wayside, as she was truly rene's gurl....now that i am single once again i use the name joanie i don't really know why it just felt right. perhaps becaus it is so close to my name from birth and joanie and johnny are so connected? either way it has been one beautiful journey always openminded, willing & honest. love j oxoxox:bs:

Shelby
01-19-2006, 01:21 AM
First, is that a real pic of you, because if so, damn your a good looking girl. As for a name, I don't have a fem one yet, but I have used "Shelby" as a stage name for a one time drag-show while I worked on a cruise ship. Some of the gay guys decided to put together a show for the cruise staff and Officers and I had connections to some clothes and had them sent to me in Miami. I did this strictly for fun and the other guys appreciated that I (a straigt guy) was joining them and adding credibility to the show. Well despite looking like an ugly Dolly Parton, I brought the house down with a lip-sync song "When you got it, Flaunt it" from the musical "The Producers." I used Shelby as my name because I had a crush on a girl named Shelby at a job once and it was the name of an awesome muscle car seen in the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" plus i think it is a cute name. However, the Cruise Director thought I looked more like Ethal Merman. So about a week later, which was my final week on the ship, we are working on presenting the farewell show and as usual the CD (Cruise Dir) intros members of his staff who are leaving the ship. I worked backstage and he called me out and introed me while inserting Ethal into my name. Then the assembled cruise staff(60+)all call out Ethal as well. The kicker is when I got home, it turns out that my mom's boss happened to be on the ship that week and didn't know I was there until that show and mentioned to her about Ethal - due to some great acting and ad libbing I came up with a really good answer, but she already new about the drag show from the lady who sent me the costume. So when I email friends from the ship I use Ethal, but i plan on using Shelby for all of my CD (not cruise dir this time) adventures.

dewdakota (Shelby)

Amelie
01-19-2006, 06:30 AM
I've changed my name about four times since I became a woman. Well, I didn't really change my name, I kinda still have the other names. I have DID and I am different people at different times, all with their different friends and life style. The good thing is that they are all female.
On the CD forums, I am Amelie.

Jamie M
01-19-2006, 06:39 AM
The name htat i choose for myself originaly was Jennifer or Jenni for short and this was how i stayed until about a couple of years ago . To be honest i can't really remember any deep reason why i choose that nam just that it began with the same letter as my drab name and i thought it sounded okay .

well when kelly began actually taking an active interest in my femme life we had a chat and the biggest problem for her ( amongst many othhers you understand ) was that of my name . she just couldn't bring herself to use that name for some reason . she just hated it , it wasn't me she said . so we sat down and went through all possible alternatives and ended up with Julia , voila :)

kristytv
01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
dew, i hate to bust you ,but the cars name was eleanor and the orginal 70's gone in 60 was a mach 1 not a shelby and the remake, wasnt a shelby , its a stupid e- kit on a fastback and i am tired of seening them , shelby is a cool fem name though , and no i am not a car girl at all :rolleyes:

FionaAlexis
01-19-2006, 11:58 PM
The 'Shelby' I remember was the Julia Roberts character in the fabulous 'Steel Magnolias'. Its a great name.

Fiona xx

MisterMissy
01-20-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't need to change my name because I have twenty-six distinct personalities besides myself and depending on which one I am, I may not even know the others' names!

They are, in alphabetical order,

Attie, Bince, Caysa, Doona, Ellda, Fae, Gilby, Herf, Issa, Jikki, Kith,
Luce, Missy, Nance, Ohple, Pilma, Ronda, Spoda, Trittie, Uce, Vaj,
Wylah, Xadie, Yirt, Zara

DonnaT
01-20-2006, 08:44 AM
I asked my Mom the other day, when I went back to WV to visit, what name she had chosen if I had been born a girl.

She said she never chose one. Mom and Dad had an agreement that she would get to name all the kids. She never once picked out a girl's name. She said she just new we would all be boys.