PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel When You Dress Up?

paulawilder
04-12-2014, 12:26 AM
I am often conflicted when I dress. It is always a wonderful feeling, and very fun and exciting, plus it's a stress release. However, I'm feel a bit guilty too, if I'm not spending the time and money on "things I'm supposed to be doing" rather than on myself. Do others struggle with this as well? Any advice?

lpjamey
04-12-2014, 12:41 AM
I never feel guilty but I'm scared to death that I will get caught. I wish people would understand that it's just clothes.

Tina G
04-12-2014, 01:28 AM
More at ease, I clean, cook, do dishes and all sorts of things dressed. I do understand the feeling of getting caught and for the first time in 41 years of my life i stepped out dressed up at night and walked to get the mail. mind you it's a full 2 blocks since our apartment complex out here is rather large with a lake in the middle but it was nice. I am on my own also for the first time ever and taking baby steps going outside dressed at this point but the feeling of being dressed "Feels Right"

Rachelakld
04-12-2014, 01:28 AM
Always
I've allowed myself a $25 per week budget, the rest of the money is for my family.
I've allowed about 4 hours a week for myself, rest is about my family.
My birthday just gone, wife tells me I should buy the lovely fem red coat, but struggling as I also want a HD sports camera for our hoilday

njcddresser
04-12-2014, 02:25 AM
How do I feel?

I feel amazing. I relish every moment. I love getting ready. Starting witha shower and shaving then make up and hair. Next picking my lingerie and an outfit and finally my jewelry and shoes.

It is the most exhilarating feeling In the world for me.

Amanda M
04-12-2014, 02:28 AM
Stop musterbating! Musterbating is giving in to the "must do this", "must do that" that all of us do to ourselves at least some of the time. If what you are doing is not hurting someone emotionally, physically or financially, try to realize that it is ok to enjoy without guilt. If, on the other hand you are hurting someone, it's time to rethink!

Zylia
04-12-2014, 02:30 AM
Pretty and excited at first and I feel some slight discomfort after a while from wearing heels, a wig and a bra;) I probably wouldn't do it if I really felt guilt or shame.

rachel_rachel
04-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Never guilty.. I do get an opportunity about once or twice a week for a few hours, I also sleep in women's underwear and have done for 4 years now..

Girl
04-12-2014, 05:03 AM
I feel wonderful! I love my clothes and how they enhance my femininity.

Marcelle
04-12-2014, 05:25 AM
For me it is about finding balance in my life (boy and girl). I love to dress "en femme" as it just feels right. At first I did neglect some of the things I used to do "en boy" but that was because I spent so much time practicing make-up and presentation. Not saying I have mastered it but am now at a place where I have returned to my other likes. Some I do "en boy" others I do "en femme". If you like dressing and are not hurting anyone (emotionally, physically or financially) then there is no need to feel guilty. :)

Stop musterbating! ...

Amanda . . . love the term.

Hugs

Isha

wanda66
04-12-2014, 05:26 AM
I get to come into the light for a while. Being Wanda is a release which allows me to regroup and gather myself. Yes I enjoy the physical touch ofthe undergarments and the transformation of he to she..a place to go and I enjoy being there

iGenny
04-12-2014, 06:25 AM
I do feel the same. I don't spend a lot on this, but there are times that my chores dictate not dressing, and I'll put off my chores. But it's the same thing if I put off my chores for, say, watching a ball game. The guilt isn't about dressing, it's about my other responsibilities.

BLUE ORCHID
04-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Hi Paula, I totally enjoy the time that I am dressed with no guilt or remorse .

Teresa
04-12-2014, 06:54 AM
When you have spent years secretly dressing it's very difficult to shake off the guilt feeling, at times I have felt crippled by it to the point of not functioning. Things have improved recently and I have the forum and some lovely members to thank for that but my brain will not stop throwing little spanners in the works and make me feel guilty about something instead of feeling Ok.

kimdl93
04-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Getting dressed is feeling normal and complete for me. I do it, then go about my business, all the while feeling in synch.

justbejulie2
04-12-2014, 07:50 AM
I feel wonderful dressing up, but am terrified of getting caught by my kid, who should be spending half-time with his mother, but still pops in at odd times, and I've had a couple of very close calls. Sleeping en femme is the only really safe time, plus wearing camisoles and panties to work, under suitably-heavy shirts. But I'm getting to care less, if someone figures out "those lines" look like camisole straps, so what? And maybe this year I will start wearing the more "girlie" coloured tank tops while biking to work. Maybe...
luv, J

wanda66
04-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Actually sleep time with my silky attire and morning when I get up brush out my hair have my coffee with my legs crossed and decide if I will under dress a little, alot, or not at all

noeleena
04-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Hi,

Okay slighty different for myself, i like my garb = clothes, as that gives to me a reminder of my background = history, going back to the 1454, in Prussia so maybe not a good time as we had a war on and many more of cause. and it was a tough time to live,

For myself it brings a connection of our people the style of dress and at times the colourfull dress in the costumes we see later on so a part of my history of the clothes worn so the clothes do have a lot of meaning and wearing them is being at home,

...noeleena...

Milou
04-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Relaxed, horny, depressed, happy, guilty, angry and confused. Overall, not that much different. Now I'm confused again :').

It's weird, in the last few weeks I genuinly don't want to crossdress.

samantha rogers
04-12-2014, 08:38 AM
I feel great. Pure and simple. Actually, great is not strong enough. I feel wonderful and whole. The guilt and shame that was there at one time is now gone. On the other hand, it is an indulgence...a giving of time and resources just for me, so that I can feel good. As such, since I do have other responsibilities to others - wife, kids work, etc) I have to balance things lest I begin to feel a different kind of guilt...that of shirking those responsibilities and the feelings of selfishness that accompany that. But, regardless, it is something I cannot forsake entirely, even when the other responsibilities are pulling strongly, as to do so would mean to so badly neglect my own needs as to make me incapable of functioning at a level where I can meet the other responsibilities. Does that make sense?
If you do not take care of yourself you become incapable of taking care of anyone or anything.
There is a reason why you must put on your own oxygen mask before you put one on your child, right?

Melissa in SE Tn
04-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Paula, you may be new to the cd scene . I don't know if your recent forum membership represents your awakening to being a cd or simply that you are an experienced dresser that has just joined the forum. My advise is simple... Enjoy being a cd, let the stress free peace capture your soul & understand that the day will come when you will be at complete peace in being Paula.

dana digs sweaters
04-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Priorities in Life.
Where your money goes first.
How you "have" to spend your time.
Enjoying your creative time since you decided to do more then just crossdress whenever you started to wear female clothes.
Do not feel guilty of the woman you create in the mirror. She is a part of you.
She always will be.
I can understand what you mean by a stress relief.
The magic of the transformation should not be denied.
The choosing of each female garment.
The pleasure to your eyes of each garment you select.
The feeling of the fabric of each of your female garments you choose.
The feelings to treasure as each of your female garments fits on your body.
The smile in the eyes of the woman looking back at you in the mirror when you complete your dressing :)

CynthiaD
04-12-2014, 11:24 AM
How do I feel when dressed?

Normal.

Wearing male clothing drives me nuts. I go through cycles of anger, depression, low self esteem, etc., etc., etc.

In female mode all of that goes away, and I'm just normal.

Adriana Moretti
04-12-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm feel a bit guilty too, if I'm not spending the time and money on "things I'm supposed to be doing" rather than on myself. Do others struggle with this as well? Any advice?
Its good to spoil yourself once in a while...things your "supposed" to do can suck you dry...sometimes you need to focus on you and make yourself happy...

DDee
04-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I feel great and stress free, never feel guilty. But do have the fear of getting caught!

jackie_p
04-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Used to feel guilty, like I was doing something wrong. I gave that up years ago. Now I just feel happy, content, relaxed.

carhill2mn
04-12-2014, 01:04 PM
I gave up this "struggle" years ago. Now I just enjoy the experience!

Tina_gm
04-12-2014, 01:41 PM
My best description would be relaxed.

larissa-laurie
04-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I can't help feeling exhilarated. Like today, first time in a long time I enjoyed my lingerie touching me, my skirt and blouse, etc. I just feels super and I can't get enough of it but closet life is all I have to look forward basically. I have enjoyed all my lingerie under my work clothes periodicaly but even that has to be done carefully. I love dressing up like a sexy lady and imagining I look that way too, even though reality says otherwise.

JennyLynn
04-12-2014, 04:14 PM
I do it during scheduled "downtime". Mornings or a day off. Life is too short for guilt!

Wanna be Heather
04-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Simply become myself. Dresses are preferred over pants, skirts second. Sleeping in a soft nighty even with my wife is so comforting and makes me get that lovely femme nine feeling. I wake up with a big smile

lindsey89
04-12-2014, 07:47 PM
I would say I feel amazing. It is definitely how I prefer to present my self. No guilt for me.

Karmen
04-12-2014, 10:07 PM
I feel happy. When I go out, I'm a little nervous and scared too.

paulawilder
04-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone, for the wonderful responses and great advice. I found myself nodding in agreement at most everything you all said. A little background, I have been on the forum before but away for the last year due to unemployment. The bills are now finally caught up, but I dropped out for awhile, did no dressing, sold all by female stuff, and focused on the job hunt for a long time. Now I've got a great job, and I'm happily back at the dressing. In the past, I've traveled for a week at a time with only female items along. That was such fun, and I'd love to do it again. Still, I have the feeling that my dressing and money and time spent on being Paula may have cost me some of the jobs I've lost during the recession. I also care for a disabled wife on the weekends and travel several hours each week to an apartment in the town where I now work, while aides care for my wife during the week. I dress female every evening at the apartment, and now I'm much happier (again). I will never quit being who I am, but I honor my commitments, so the guilt pops up sometimes, I'm afraid. I appreciate all your support, and will never forget to put "my oxygen mask on first" and to minimize the "musterbation", as several of you advised. Luv, Paula

Christen
04-13-2014, 01:45 AM
:I feel feminine, and I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of the exercise.:)

sanderlay
04-13-2014, 02:52 AM
It's so easy to get caught up in doing stuff. That I need to keep myself busy or I'm being lazy. These messages were drummed into me as a child. But I realized later in life I also need to make the time to relax and smell the roses so to speak, enjoy life with the little things. That doing nothing is also a positive in my life. That loving myself first gives me the strength to love others. I still need to be responsible for what I do and fail to do. But it also means forging myself of my mistakes and striving to do better.

Everyday I try to take that attitude with me and enjoy each precious moment of life. Dressing as my true self is something I do every day from morning until night, this special gift I've been blessed with. So... how do I feel? I feel fine. :D

Nadia Pinky
04-13-2014, 05:14 AM
I feel more confident when i dressed and look as pretty girl that's feel make me so happy and showing what's feminine inside me

Raychel
04-13-2014, 06:57 AM
I feel the most comfortable when dressed, Relaxed and more myself.

they guy mode is just a façade that I have to keep