PDA

View Full Version : I Knew It Would Happen One Day

Joanne08
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I have wanted to tell my wife that I am a Cross Dresser and tell her on my terms. Well she figured it out herself. When I got home yesterday she was in a weird mood and I knew something was bothering her. After a while she says, “We need to talk about your feminine side.” Gulp, gulp! Caught me off guard. “What do you mean?”, I asked. She said that she knew I was hiding something and that she thought it had to do with my feminine side (her term). With a big breath I said that I am a Cross Dresser and have been since I was 10 years old. She acknowledged that she thought that it is something that one is born with and not a just a whimsical hobby. She says she is not sure how she’ll handle it and asked if it’s a thing that wives get involved in. I just said YES, however, no response to this. She said that she knew I wasn’t gay but wanted to know if I went somewhere to dress or went to clubs or just what goes on behind her back. I explained that I do not dress very often and that I mostly enjoy thinking about it often. I dress on the occasions when she is not at home for extended periods. I don’t have much more of an opportunity as she leaves later than I do and is home usually before me. I assured her that I don’t wear her clothes behind her back, even though she has many items that I’m sure would fit me. I did admit to trying on some shoes and one particular bra and panty set. She thanked me for my respect for her things but said she probably wouldn’t want to share her clothes. I believe she is still digesting her thoughts about me and this aspect of my life.

What she was really mad and disappointed about was that I hid it from her not the cross dressing. I explained that I didn’t intend to have this as part of our life but I now realize that it is something that I cannot make go away. I tried to give it up after my divorce. I purged all of my girlie things of over 20 years worth of dressing. I grew a beard and just quit involving myself in my past habits. For about five years it went OK but then I came across a pair of shoes that were my size and, open the flood gates!!!, my feelings came back big time. Last night I told her that I kept all this to myself because of several reasons but mostly to protect her and because I didn’t want to lose her. I love her very much. I didn’t want to have happen again what my ex-wife did. My ex-wife agreed to keep my secret and that it would be just between us. Well she outed me at a therapist’s office and after the session she screamed it to everyone who was in shouting distance as we exited the building, a crowded one at that. I was very embarrassed to say the least.

I regret not having the guts to start the conversation and to trust that she could handle it. I not sure if she going to handle it well but I have spoken with her this morning and again this afternoon and she was in a good mood.

I would like to thank all of those here who have talked about this situation because without having had read and learned about what to say it would have been much more awkward than it already was. I would also like to encourage all those who are in a similar situation as I am to find the courage to discuss this and be open about it. I am actually very relieved that she now knows and it can only get better from here on.

Love, Jo

Fallen Angel
01-12-2006, 04:09 PM
WEll im glad that you opened your self to her and was honest.Belive me being foward always works out much better! After she absorbs this all Invite her to look at the forum who knows she may even become a member. good luck to you and my thoughts are with you xxxxx

NinaV
01-12-2006, 04:34 PM
that she was rather upset about you hiding it from her than crossdressing itself is a good and less good thing. It seems you can continue openly to crossdress but you have to work on gaining her trust in general that is somewhat shaken now.
It sounds thou like you have good cards in your hands over all.
good luck

Nina

paulaN
01-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I wish you the very best of luck. It sounds like your wife is cool with it so far but only time will tell. keep on talking and keep on gurlin.

GypsyKaren
01-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi Joanne

I hope this goes well for you two, sounds like you're off to a good start. One suggestion that helped us out, now that the truth be known be honest and open about everything, hold nothing back. Once you knock a wall down it's best to clear away the rubble, you might trip on it later.

GypsyKaren

DonnaT
01-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I too believe she is handling it pretty well so far.

She's asked about getting involved, so unless you made posts on here you don't want her to read, ask her to join the forum and talk to the SOs here so she can get a feel for how other SOs participate.

Good luck.

Joanne08
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Thank you Ladies, especially to you Karen for the good advice about holding nothing back and to you Donna about the forum. I'm not sure I want let her read all my posts though, I will have to think about that, but I would like her to join and discuss this with other GG's.

Love, Jo

Julie York
01-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Good luck to you. It is one of those situations that simmers away with little breakthroughs and she does sound a sensible woman acting like anyone would. Now is the time to be totally open and honest and then let her digest it all. The main thing to keep stressing is that you have not changed one bit. She just knows more about you. You are still the person you always were, good bad, warts and all, but still the same.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

SandraInHose
01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
As a matter of fact, we had the same conversation last night on the way home from dinner. (I was discovered about two years ago after 17 years of marriage.)

1. "Why didn't you tell me?" Answer: I don't know.

2. "Why did you lie to me for so long?" Answer: I didn't lie...I just kept a secret. (wrong answer, by the way)

3. "I probably would have left if you had told me early in our marriage."

and

4. "If I had come home and found you all dressed up, I probably would have turned around and never came back. Answer: Well, there's your answer to question #1.

5. "You should have told me." Answer: didn't say anything...just shook my head in exasperation. :doh:

Thankfully, we have reached a compromise with which we both can live. As I stated before, it can be a 3 steps forward, 2 steps backward, but it usually stays on the plus side of things. :clap:

MsJanessa
01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
good luck

AprilMae
01-12-2006, 08:01 PM
I had been mulling spilling the beans recently, but just this week she beat me to it! The found my stuff and just point blank asked. I told her and she said fine. Clothes are clothes, if they make you happy, fine by her. We haven't had time to discuss it in length, but she appears to be willing to participate at least to some degree. I figured she might,as I have been dropping hints over the past few years and she has responded positively. But that's another story for another thread I'm sure. the best part is I was trying to figure out a way to sneak off to see Transamerica, but know I can take her.:cool:

Miss Lulu
01-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Wishing you the best, to you and your wife. I guess it was just a matter of time for her to find out. From what I understood; I think your wife has somewhat accepted you as a CD and just need some time to come out of shock. And the fact that she was in a good mood this morning and afternoon looks promising.
Good luck!

TGMarla
01-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Seems we all come to this cross-roads sooner or later. Seems like a lot of us do, anyway. My thoughts are with you and I hope for the best for both of you. Keep us posted.

My wife has been more loving towards me since I disclosed everything to her. Yet it is still a subject that we have not brought up or spoken of since then. I cannot ignore her reaction, as I was expecting a real cold shoulder for a long and extended period of time. But she was nothing of the sort. If anything, she has been calmer, closer, more content, and just better with me since then. I have wondered it it is because in spite of the contents of the letter I wrote her, at least she knows now that she finally has the truth, and all of the truth. Or perhaps I'm only imagining that.

So I'm not through with my cross-roads yet, and yours is upon you, too. I'm with ya, sister!

RenaCD
01-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Joanne take it slow very slow on her terms and be truthful, think about your answers very carefully. Don't take anything for granted. Even the fact that she may already have visited this forum. She was smart enough to marry you so don't sell her short now is the time for truth and Respect!

Thinking of you both Rena

HaleyPink2000
01-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Joanne:)

Thanks for sharing this with us all here. I am sure that this will help many other Girls on here. As you did indicate, it takes us pulling for each other.
I'm pulling for you my Sister. I so hope all goes well for you.

Haley:)

KateW
01-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Joanne,

I found that it really helps to explain that you are still the same person, and the clothes helped shape the person that she has already grown to love. Reassurance and trust are definately key.

I wish you the very best of luck!

Hugs,

Kate

nancy58
01-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I understand your wife's reaction of feeling hurt that you kept your crossdressing a secret from her. For me, that was the biggest part of the guilt, and getting rid of it was one of the best things I ever did. Wives don't want you to have secrets other than what's for their birthday, and a wife who is worth keeping is worth giving your complete trust to. If you turn the table around, you don't want your wife keeping something as big as this is a secret from you.

"Participation" by wives can mean several things, and you need to be careful to understand what you and your wife mean. One kind of participation is having sexual relations while you are dressed in feminine garments. Another is accepting your wearing feminine clothing around the house or in bed, or tolerating your wearing make-up, shaving your legs, etc. And still others are helping you select clothing, do make-up, or venturing out into the real world with you en femme. Your wife may accept, or even be into one thing and not another. Be sure you respect her comfort level, whatever it is.

You've crossed the threshold into improving your relationship with your wife. You still may need counseling jointly or separately, but you're on the way. And please tell your wife she's welcome here. We'll help her understand you and us, and she'll help us understand genetic women, too.

Rachel Morley
01-12-2006, 11:10 PM
It's a bit early to say, but I'm getting a feeling that there is a real chance of a positive outcome here. I mean to say that she seems like a very smart lady who has a tolerant attitude. Add to this the love between you and you know....I think this is going to work out. :)

A little bit of undersatnding of both of each other's point of view and....well, you never know. Good luck and here's hoping!

Janelle Marshall
01-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks for sharing your story. The advice to go slowly is also sound. But do go forward. Your story is very much like mine to this point. I would only remind you that you have had many years to grow comfortable with your dressing, whereas she has had days! One of the lighthearted comments my wife made after our early discussions was that she needed to get prepared for her "outing". This really made me realize more of her perspective with my dressing, but I took it as a positive sign. Give your wife lots of chance to ease into this. Good Luck! Janelle

Sweet Susan
01-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Thank you Ladies, especially to you Karen for the good advice about holding nothing back and to you Donna about the forum. I'm not sure I want let her read all my posts though, I will have to think about that, but I would like her to join and discuss this with other GG's.

Love, Jo

I actually think you'll be okay. You can delete your posts, you know. Of course, if you tell her about the forum, then you'll never be able to tell us things that you may not want to tell her. Then again, if you tell us stuff and don't tell her you'd be keeping secrets, so it's the old catch-22. Of course if you don't tell her about the forum, you're also keeping secrets. Damn! You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Damn it. Good luck to you. I think it's gonna be A-O-K. Just between you and me and everybody on the net, I try really, really hard not to keep secrets, but I've been on this forum for about 14 months, and I don't discuss it at the dinner table.

Joanne08
01-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies and welcome support. To kept you posted, nothing has been said since our discussion the other night. It's kind of an uneasy feeling because I've wanted to gush it all out, but I will take it slow. One thing though, she has been very loving and touchy feely towards me since the other night. I think she is very relieved that something bigger (what could be bigger than this to me?) wasn't at the root of our problem.

Love, Jo

Julia Cross
01-13-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Joanne08]I think she is very relieved that something bigger (what could be bigger than this to me?) wasn't at the root of our problem.

There's an interesting point, that you feel nothing could be bigger than crossdressing. If you put that into context of everyday life, and truly think about it, there are many far bigger issues, we and our partners need to view crossdressing far less critically and accept it for what it is.

Yes, easier said than done, but it really isnt that big a deal.

Julia

spaskinstyle
01-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I've think you've got yourself a Keeper!

Good Luck Hon, it'll work out.

Love, Theresa

www.SpaSkinStyle.com

Charlene Marie
01-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Wonderful for you Joanne. I've been there and done that almost 23 years ago.
The relief of her knowing is great peace of mind for you, nows the time to discuss it once in awhile with her. When she realizes that it's not something kinky or sick but a genuine need of yours and many others, perhaps she can have fun with it too, or at least have a better understanding of this thing we love. Bes wishes to the both of you.

Charlene Marie

simonep
01-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Good luck, telling my wife was about the best thing I did, apart from marrying her. It has got the secrets out of the way. Secrets lead to lies, distrust and the end of relationships.

Love

Simone:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Joanne08
01-15-2006, 01:13 AM
conversations since last Tuesday. Not at all about CDing but the fact I revealed that I crossdress, we have released a wall between us that has allowed us to talk about our lives in ways we never have. She wanted to go back and talk about a very sensitive and heavy subject that she has refused to really address head on, the death of her son. We took out his school work and artwork and read a lot of it together. It was incredible how much she released and talked about her feelings. I am so emotionally moved by the whole situation as well. I have very recently lost my Dad and am about to lose Mom. We were able to continue our conversation about the direction of our life and the fabulous potentials lie before us. Really, really connecting and talking about us.

She had prefaced all of these wonderful discussions with, "I'm not ready to talk about about you know what. I don't know what to think yet." This actually took the pressure off and enabled the truth flow. She asked me to treat her like a Queen. I made love to her, took her to breakfast, did the dishes, cooked her a pot roast her way, got the cat groomed (totally her job, I take care of the dog), took off her shoes and kissed her feet. Actually I had a great time. She went out after an easy morning and bought about 10 peices of clothing and insisted on showing me and my sister, who dropped in while she was gone. She bought skirts and blouses that were similar styles that I admitted were ones that appealed to me!! She then pulled out a skirt that was similar to one that I had suggested she buy becuase I liked it while Christmas shopping. She then proceeds to give a velvet black shirt with exquisit buttons to my sister, Wow! what a score, sis says. Indeed! Then my queen says these two other things are for her GG friend. The rest are for work. OK, all very nice things. She's torturing me. After my sister leaves to go out to her car for a few minutes she bring the skirt out and says,"Feel the weight of this skirt, it's so well made." So I did, not an unusual thing in our relationship, we do buy each other clothes. Looked at her and held it to my waist and said that it would fit me. She gave me an odd little smile and said not to do that. I handed it back and she just looked in my eyes and went and put it away.

I abolutely positively undeniably am greatful this is out to her. Even if she wants no part of my other half our life is much better already.
:D :D :D :D :D
Thanks everyone for your support.

Love, Jo

Joanne08
01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
not about CDing. i think she is a very clever girl. Let's get everything cleared up between us first, then we'll talk about you. This seems to be the way it's going.

DonnaT
01-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Good luck Joanne. I hope you get to talking about you soon.

KellyT
01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
I told my wife about my crossdressing last October. She was very calm and supportive (probably because I broke down in floods of tears). I love her so much that I didn't want to keep secrets from her. It was seriously affecting my moods by having such a big "secret" hanging over me.
Since telling her we haven't really spoken about it much but she did sit with me and helped me choose some nice feminine lingerie. She even lets me borrow a couple of her sweaters,(as long as I don't stretch them) and her scarves. This is all fantastic and way more than I could've hoped for a year ago, but there are a lot of things I do have to take really slowly too, which is totally understandable.

Joanne08
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
about CDing yet. My wife went out shopping again and bought several new bra's. She came home and modeled them to show me. They were pretty, sensible and conservative white and offwhite. She almost begins to apologize for them not being real sexy but that she needed good support and good fitting bras. So I said, "there is nothing wrong with the way they look, heck, I'd wear that style." Well, she pulled her top on and said, "don't say that!", with a glaring stare. I tell you, she seems to be mildly torturing me.

I think she is going to take a while before we really can talk about this. Based upon what little we have discussed specifically about CDing she needs a basic education. I'm going to copy some things from the internet and have them ready when we do get into it.

Meanwhile all is going well at home and our realtionship.

Thanks for all of your support.

Love, Jo

Marla GG
01-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I think she is going to take a while before we really can talk about this. Based upon what little we have discussed specifically about CDing she needs a basic education. I'm going to copy some things from the internet and have them ready when we do get into it.

Joanne, that is an excellent plan. I wouldn't push anything on her, but being prepared with some good information will make things a lot easier when the time comes.

Do look out for signs that she is wanting to sweep it all under the rug and forget about it. Even if she ultimately decides that she doesn't want to participate in any way, it's important that CDing doesn't become a taboo subject. So don't allow silence to prevail for too long....at least try to bring it up, gently, from time to time so she doesn't lapse into denial. That will do neither of you any good.

Best of luck to both of you! :hugs:

Joanne08
01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Joanne, that is an excellent plan. I wouldn't push anything on her, but being prepared with some good information will make things a lot easier when the time comes.

Do look out for signs that she is wanting to sweep it all under the rug and forget about it. Even if she ultimately decides that she doesn't want to participate in any way, it's important that CDing doesn't become a taboo subject. So don't allow silence to prevail for too long....at least try to bring it up, gently, from time to time so she doesn't lapse into denial. That will do neither of you any good.

Best of luck to both of you! :hugs:

Thanks Marla, I actually was thinking of a post you made a couple of days ago with some advice about your favorite links. I was going to start there. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Love, Jo

LisaRaye
01-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I am so happy for you Joanne, Im glad that you feel alittle less stressed. It will get better for you if she loves you that much. For me I told my gf 10yrs ago she was hurt in the begining but came around after awhile, now we play dress up and do all kind of things. I have to stay I was happy when I told her now I dont have to hide it anymore what a great feeling. but I wish you and your the best of luck.

Joanne_'jojo'
01-17-2006, 11:51 PM
You are both certainly going in the right direction.

I've just started through almost the same as you. I had all sorts of information website links etc ready, the only downside in my plan was that I got found out before I could bring up the subject.
My wife has been great, is very understanding and 'accepting' in my words if not in hers. She says she has a way to go before she is ready to see clothes etc, but we have already done facials together and I get to paint my toes now, which is a huge step for me.
We have purchased makeup together, the good stuff, wow is that ever worth the money.
Things will happen in thier own time, and not neccessarily in the order you might think.

Keep the communication open.:)

I just had a couple of days where I felt the all this was a huge burden on my wife and I wasnt being a good husband or father.
It turns out after we talked about it, that I really wasnt giving her the credit she deserved and she is far more accepting of this than I 'was'. (Her "understanding" helped me loosen up a little.)
As a result the boundaries moved a little further out and I have a little more freedom.

Baby baby steps.

Joanne.

Holly
01-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Joanne, my heart is with you. I hope you really heed Marla's advice and not allow the subject to be swept under the carpet. You're going to have to exercise great sensitivity and at the same time be firm with gentleness. I think it it amazing that you have connected with your wife in a deeper way since your CDing was made known to her. I would hope the fact that you have been there to help her work through her unresolved issues surrounding the death of her son would open her eyes as well to the fact that you have an unresolved issue that needs mutual attention as well. Please do keep us informed.

KimberlyS
01-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Joanne, I am so glad that you and your Wife have started the communication. Communication, IMHO, is a big thing missing in many relationships. I also agree with Marla's advice and not allow the subject to be swept under the carpet. But I will also say you are doing very well at letting her lead getting to the cding discussion. She seems to be working her way there and it may be good not to push her. But some things you may want to do is to tell your wife that when every she is ready to talk you will be very open and honest with her. Another thing you can do is offer her some information and resources for herself. One big issue my wife had was having no-one to talk with and another one was when she looked for information on the web, alot of the bad information is found first which made it even harder for my wife to deal with.

I wish you two the best of luck. And Please remember that some acceptance is better than none. And her being still with you means there is some there. Now you just both need find a comfort level for you both.

KimberlyS - CD

Joanne08
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Well Ladies, I found out why she wanted to wait for a while. She went to a shrink and from what I heard back from her I wish she hadn't. The Phychiatrist told her CDing was a perversion. She mentioned something about having my day once a month. Again she caught me off guard by starting the conversation as we were eating dinner by saying, "What about me? You're so selfish." What???? Then she tells me about the shrink and as I tried to defend myself by saying that it's not, we fall into a somewhat familar pattern of her saying, you're always so defensive and I counter with you always make assumptions that are not accurate, etc. We agreed we need to see a couples counselor. Maybe that's what we need. I can't seem to be heard and she can't hear me, I suppose vice versa as well. I'm making the call when I'm done here.

Love, Jo

DonnaT
01-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Patience Joanne. It's a tough row to hoe, but it'll work out, hopefully.

Make sure the councelor is up to speed on gender issues.

If ya'll can't talk without accusations, maybe you two can use the computer.

Have her type out her questions/concerns, you read and answer them later, then add your concerns so she can read them. A couple of ground rule should be no arguments, no accusations.

Julia Cross
01-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi Joanne,

The unfortunate reality is that not all counsellors are the same. Some are biased by religious beliefs, some by personal, there is no way of knowing until you have a session.

The counsellor my ex used had a bias and also told her it was a perversion and if she didn't like it she should move on, she did.

I would suggest you try to get your wife to seek another, second opinion before it is too late. And if you seek a marriage counsellor, look for one with transgendered/crossdressing experience, ask before you go.

julia

Joanne08
01-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks Donna and Julie. I had immediately thought of that last night. That's why I said I'd make an appointment.

Love, Jo

KimberlyS
01-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Joanne, sorry for my lateness in responding to your recent post. I started to write and ran out of time because my short post suddenly became long. So here it goes, long post.

Oh Joanne I feel your pain with you writing "The Psychiatrist told her CDing was a perversion."

I was lucky in the fact that my wife said we both needed to go to a counselor to work this out. The unlucky part is she already had several counselors’ names from a christian based counseling center. So at least I had time to think things through.

So we went in as a couple to work on CDing issues, and the first thing he does is quote the DSM. My wife then asks something along the lines of what does the Bible say about CDing? Well he skirts the question by going into saying something like, most anything pertaining to a couples sexual relationship within a marriage is ok as long as it is ok with both spouses and within the marriage. So after that 10 minute or so non-answer to my wife’s question, she asks the question again and he goes into another non-answer dealing with relationships, trust, deception. So once again my wife asks the question, Is CDing ok according to the bible. And he replies that it is not.

I come away from the session confused because of what he talked about was not me as the DSM definition does not fit me. But we schedule another session as I know this is currently the only option I have at working on things with my wife.

Second session, I right away try to get the counselor to clarify where he got the backing for his statement of CDing not being right, and he goes into the relationship stuff, quoting some scripture and other information. He then goes into "Other issues" he sees which is my wife's fibromialgia. We finish the session that he will see my wife next time and both of us after that. I come out going, what happen to working on the CDing issues that we came here for. :angry:

Well I only end up seeing him one more time because he can no longer be my counselor due to conflict issues and besides the third time none of his information on cders had changed. But after several months my wife is working through some of her issues and he has been good for that.

Well after these several month my wife is felling better, but there is little resolve to cding issues, so my wife gets a referral for a different counselor for me. Well this one is a gal, we discuss why I am there and fairly quickly she quotes out of the DSM but this counselor did not keep shoving it back at me, and kept listening. Then it came, it was than an addiction, and I figure here we go again. But she listened and we discussed and she at least seemed more open minded. So I schedule more sessions to work on my CDing issues.

Well through my sessions I end up doing a lot of teaching of what many CDers and specifically me are not and I believe I surprise her often. We worked on some of my other issues, and how to communicate better with my wife.

But the big thing that both my wife and I do is we have our own personal session with each other after each session and also at other times, just me and my wife communicating and discussing things. And it was not unusual for these sessions to last a couple of hours or longer. Most of our working through of the CDing issues have been in our own personal sessions.

After about a year since starting this, between the counselors, my wife and I we decide to also do some couples counseling to work more on bettering our communication with each other. And of course we need a third counselor to do this. So now we have hers, mine, and ours. Well session one goes ok and of course this counselor quickly quotes out of the DSM for what a CDer is. Just great. Well we decide to continue and work on bettering our communications. Well after a few sessions we also attend a Tri-Ess SPICE event, as oked by all of the counselors. Also about this time I finally get a straight answer from the first counselor/my wife's, that the statesments he made about religion view of cding were society views. This aids with us working throught issues.

Well now it is almost 2 years later, we are communicating much better as a couple, we are still seeing individual counselors 1-2 times a month for follow-up and we are no longer seeing jointly. We still have our sessions after the sessions and they are not as long, we have more love back in our marriage and my wife has her smile back. We both know we have continuing communication and work to do, but things are getting better all the time.

What I think made our counseling work is both of us wanted to make things work and our sessions after the sessions. My wife and I did a lot of talking out side of the sessions between our selves. This seems to surprise all of the counselors.

An another thing is that both my wife an I each have a journal that we wrote and still write in. Personally I wrote done ramblings, thoughts, possible solutions, reflections, talks we had, tasks I did for the counselors, …. It became a collection of information that allowed us to look back and forward as we worked on things.

Joanne Good Luck, and work hard, and the two of you can get through it if you both want to.

KimberlyS - CD

Joanne08
01-24-2006, 08:21 PM
First of all, Thanks Kimberly for your long but insightful post. I have a fear that we will end up with some counselor that I would end up fighting with over the CDing issue. I think you have been able to get to the heart of the matters by increasing your communications. Good job and keep it up.

I made a point to sit down and tell my wife that I was sorry for keeping things from her. I only asked that she be understanding enough to listen and understand why I kept it from her. She nodded at my apology and didn't talk much more. I gave her the information that I had gotten from the internet. It hasn't been moved from where she placed it several days ago.

I've been looking into the qualifications for MFCC's. In the listings of these health care professionals, very few if any list their specialities. So I've been calling, leaving messages and waiting for call backs. No one has any experience with transgender issues so far. Very frustrating. One person said that they would try to work through it...maybe, I don't know.

Does anyone (from the Bay Area) know of a couples counselor that works with someone like me?

In the meantime, we have been going on about our business without much to say to one another knowing that this is not at all resolved.

Love, Jo

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-25-2006, 01:27 AM
I asked around on two local mailing lists and got a recommendation for Cynthia Young in San Jose. I'll let you know if I get any other recommendations.

Joanne08
01-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi Marlena,

I'll definately check it out.

Love, Jo

womanatheart
01-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Joanne,
Oh' the pain of being where you are now! I remember it as if it were yesterday. Out of the blue my wife, with a perturbed look on her face, asks me about these photo's of me efem in the 'sent file'. (who would look in the sent file?') That was 3 days and nights of real hell for me and her. Have we survived? Yes. Have we come to terms with cding? no. Was it a relief letting it out? In a way yes. Did she learn about CDing? yes.
Some great advice given by others. Take it slowly. Like Janelle mentioned; it took you years to conceptualize this thing called cding, give her the same time also.
As I hope will happen; clothes will not stack up to true love. Love will win out in the end.
I am finding, this cd thing is a very delicate balance. Learn delicately.
My best. Lots of love.
Stephanie

Larrie
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi, I'm new to this site. My wife asked me if I had anything I was going to change now that I'm 50. So I told her I was coming out of the closet and explore my femimine side. So after a little laughing and yelling, she thought I would come out as gay and was shocked to hear of me wanting to be a woman. This was Sunday(1-22) and she has changed a bit in her overall demener on everything towards me, much more positive and nicer. So I think coming clean on what I felt was the best thing I've done in our relationship so far. I don't know what this has to do with this thread but seemed like a good place to post. Hugs, Larrie :hugs:

Lilith Moon
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Some great advice given by others. Take it slowly. Like Janelle mentioned; it took you years to conceptualize this thing called cding, give her the same time also.

So, by the time I reach 130 she will have had chance to come to terms with my crossdressing. :yikes:

Joanne08
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
So, by the time I reach 130 she will have had chance to come to terms with my crossdressing. :yikes:

Actually this is one of the arguments I've been mulling over to present to my wife. I'm over fifty, how many years do I have left of relatively good body condition and youthfulness to enjoy what I like about CDing. Let me live now before it's too late. And let go and have fun with me. It's taken me 45+ years to get here...I can't afford another 45 for you to be comfortable with this.

How's that?

Jo

Bonnie D
01-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Be prepared for the "or what?" reply.

Bonnie

Cheery GG
01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Jo,

It sounds like your wife has taken it very well, but im thinking maybe she has a million questions and thoughts racing round in her head. Like angel said i think there could be a very positive outcome.

Why dont you mention to her abnout this forum, and that there are lots of women (gg's) who have been through same, and were here for support, to have a rant, and a giggle (not at your expense though of course !).

I iwsh you both luck, take it steady, but dont ignore where youve come already, make the conversation.....dont wait for her to !

hope to see her in gg forum soon....

take care,

cheery

xx;)

Joanne08
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks Cheery,

I'd love for her to check out the forum, especially the GG Forum. We have to get beyond the first steps though. She's taking it pretty well but really wants to discuss this in a counseling session first. We're working on setting it up.

Bonnie, the, "Or what" response is what is really on my mind. As I speculate about where our conversation will take us, the "or what" response always rears it's ugly head.

Love, Jo

Sweet Susan
01-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure what the "or what" reply is. Is that like "or else?"

I don't put much stock in counselors. I really believe that they ultimately sink to their own preferences when it comes right down to it. They can be helpful, but I've seen several in the past thirty years, and all of them except one told me that I should hang up my bra and get with the male program. The only one that didn't tell me that was a woman, and she actually went much farther up stream then I wanted to go. She suggested that I do whatever I wanted, and that I should encourage my wife to get more involved, etc. She was very liberal, which I appreciated, but ultimately, she left me with as many questions as she answered.

One thing I do know is that I am glad I don't have to go through what you are going through, and you have my support, for what it is worth, and my sympathies, for what they are worth. I honestly don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do. It just makes me feel luckier and luckier. Good luck to you. I hope it all works out in your favor. Susan

Joanne08
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
We finally have sat and talked about my Cding and my wife is completely non-accepting. She stated flat out that if she knew before we were married that she would not have married me. She is a macho guy kind of girl. She wants no part of sharing in my alter ego and doesn’t want to see any pictures or any of my feminine things at all. Furthermore, she says we have to go through counceling together if we’re going to get through this. She understands a little about Cding through the information I’ve given her and from her visits to her psychiatrist and acknowledges my needs. I told her as much as I could about my life’s history with crossdressing and how I purged all of my clothing and things to live a life without Cding. I told her of how I have struggled with myself to reject this desire. I told her how I’ve come to realize how much this is part of me, how it has shaped who I am and how I think. I explained how I keep this within myself and don’t hurt anyone by my practices. She said, “You have hurt me.” She said how she feels like she can’t talk about this with anyone, that’s why she wants to go to couples counceling. Yeah, well, I haven’t been able to talk about this for damn near 50 years.

Love, Jo

P.S. This forum and all of you have been a wonderful outlet and very supportive and informative. Thank you everyone for being there or here.

tara 24-7
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
show your wife this thread, and our reaction hon, that says what you want to tell her anyway, and if its open now, why not? saying that tho take it one step at a time, all the best to you and your wife, i hope it all works out for you both, got my fingers x for you

kisses tara xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dixie Darling
02-06-2006, 07:56 PM
"She is a macho guy kind of girl. She wants no part of sharing in my alter ego and doesn’t want to see any pictures or any of my feminine things at all."

Ask her when she's ever seen anything BUT 'macho' in your daily life. If y'all are like my wife and I she'll tell you she hasn't seen ANYTHING feminine in you.

"Furthermore, she says we have to go through counceling together if we’re going to get through this. She understands a little about Cding through the information I’ve given her and from her visits to her psychiatrist and acknowledges my needs."

This is a good thing PROVIDED that the counselor is experienced in working with the transgendered community. If he/she isn't then find one who IS!

"I told her as much as I could about my life’s history with crossdressing and how I purged all of my clothing and things to live a life without Cding. I told her of how I have struggled with myself to reject this desire. I told her how I’ve come to realize how much this is part of me, how it has shaped who I am and how I think. I explained how I keep this within myself and don’t hurt anyone by my practices. She said, “You have hurt me.” She said how she feels like she can’t talk about this with anyone, that’s why she wants to go to couples counceling. Yeah, well, I haven’t been able to talk about this for damn near 50 years."

The problem seens to be that the only person she's gotten ANY information from is the shrink she talked to. If she's willing to do so, have her look at the material on my web site. It's CLEAN and the information there is geared toward her as wellas it is towards you. Look at it TOGETHER and discuss the material as you read it. It's possible that something there might have a positive effect on her - especially the letters from other wives. At the very LEAST it won't do any harm.

Dixie Darling -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd