PDA

View Full Version : Nightgowns

Shiny
01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Does anyone remember the 1960's hit show "Green Acres?" Do you remember the totally great nightgowns that Eva Gabor used to wear in almost every scene on that show? Those I learned were made by Lucie Ann of Beverly Hills. Those floaty, floor length nylon chiffon creations that were the equivalent of sexual cotton candy. I have seen a few on Ebay and couldn't believe one gown and robe combo went for $500 dollars recently! I really wish these were still made! Any nice nylon nightgown with a nylon chiffon overlay would be nice though really but as far as feminine nightgowns these days? I am afraid it's all flannel granny PJ's and cotton panties now! What a shame!

Joanne_2003
01-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I have been very fortunate in finding nightgowns in my size. I own 23 ankle length gowns in satin, nylon and silk. I have 1 satin cover up and 8 knee to calf length gowns and 3 mid thigh length. They are hard to come by so I look constantly as I wear 1 of them every night, my wife can't stand wearing nightgowns but is cool with me wearing them, gotta love her!!!

TGMarla
01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Totally concur! Totally.

Alaina Ann
01-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Just love my night gowns. Satin, silk, lond, short and the more lace the merrier. Usually my wife and I try to buy matching nighties. Kind of like a "his and hers" of feminine wear.

Rikki Elisabeth
01-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Yes...I love the feel of silk. However, there are times when a nice cotton eyelet gown is perfect; there are times when a nice brushed cotton is perfect...you cuddle on the sofa with a blanket and a bowl of ice cream. Yummmmmmmmm.

Bernadina
01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Does anyone remember the 1960's hit show "Green Acres?" Do you remember the totally great nightgowns that Eva Gabor used to wear in almost every scene on that show? Those I learned were made by Lucie Ann of Beverly Hills. Those floaty, floor length nylon chiffon creations that were the equivalent of sexual cotton candy. I have seen a few on Ebay and couldn't believe one gown and robe combo went for $500 dollars recently! I really wish these were still made! Any nice nylon nightgown with a nylon chiffon overlay would be nice though really but as far as feminine nightgowns these days? I am afraid it's all flannel granny PJ's and cotton panties now! What a shame!

I did a check on eBay and found 15 Lucie Ann items from as low as $11. Some very nice pieces.

Raychel
01-17-2006, 07:51 PM
I totally love the nightgowns that Eva Gabor wore in those shows. I can only imagine just great they must have felt. I am sure that my wife would never tolerate me wearing one of them. But it surely would be a nice dream.

Tina Dixon
01-17-2006, 08:01 PM
They where nice, though they did cover the body they where very very sexy.

Satina Silky
01-18-2006, 05:01 AM
I bought my new nightgown on monday. It is knee lenght with short sleeves. The nightgown is pink and is made of silky nylon. It feels nice against my skin.

Darlena
01-18-2006, 05:12 AM
I have a cute bubble gum pink baby doll that I tend to wear more than the others. Ruffled lace trim all over. It's not quite as hot as the ones I remember from the 50s & 60s however. Picture Elizabeth Montgomery for a moment...that's right. Kisses,

ronda
01-18-2006, 05:23 AM
i love my night gowns silkly nylon are best one place i fine them is lane bryan catalog some in there store but the cat has the best deal. i 4 nylon and 5 cotton like wearing both

AlyssaT
01-18-2006, 01:04 PM
I have a nice, full-length, pink satin nightgown that I pinched from my grandmother's house. I'm actually a nut about these things. I have a bunch of nightgowns--silky, flannel, and cotton--and nightshirts--short, cute, and girly.

But my big, annoying, ironic problem is that I can't sleep in any feminine clothing or undies. Even after 25 years of crossdressing, it's still too exciting and distracting for me to fall asleep.

:c9: