PDA

View Full Version : Post was deleted reposting. "It was interesting"

Annaliese
04-14-2014, 11:22 AM
My boss comment, to me on Friday, "what a guy, you have your finger nails done." I did not panic, her comment came form a picture that was taken for brochure for the program I work for. This was the first time for both of us to see them. I was tutoring a students when the picture was taken. She did ask me if there were any of the picture I did not want in the new brochure, I told her no.
It not like I am hiding, my nails painted, make-up, bra with padding everyday. This is me, not back in the closet, the door is closed and I am out.

Rita C.
04-14-2014, 11:48 AM
good for you girl

Zylia
04-14-2014, 11:57 AM
It's quite remarkable that the educational institution (I assume) you work for is cool with it as well, isn't it? They obviously can't fire an openly transgender employee for being transgender, but they don't have to use their picture in promotional material either. Anyway, great!

Michelle V
04-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Making all of us very proud, I consider myself lucky to share this lifestyle with people like you who represent the rest of us
( closeted) CDs in a very positive light, thanks for your courage.

Beverley Sims
04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
I agree on the tough road to travel, and it is nice to note that there are some open minded institutions that are accepting.
This goes for the students also.

Katey888
04-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Annaliese, that's really cool for you... Well done you! :cheer:

Like Zylia - I'm also impressed how accepting your employer is... that is very positive for you and everyone...

Great news! :cool:

Katey x

Dana M
04-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Annaliese,

Good for you.

Annaliese
04-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Zylia, yes I work for university, Utah is not know for being open minded. I would not be doing any of the things I am doing, with out the support from all of you. When I take a step forward, I have this form behind me cheering me on. I could not have done it with out all of you. Hand in Hand.