PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun and not to debate what number are you?

Lucy_Bella
04-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Ranges Of Behavior:

Within the TV/TS Community, there is a wide range of behavior. Doctor Harry Benjamin (as a pioneer in gender related problems in the early 1960's) designed a scale of behavior as a guide to treatment for the TV and TS. Its six positions represent the dressing and emotional preferences of his patients.

(0) Is the so called "straight" person who has no interest in becoming an actual crossdresser.

(1) Represents the person who is thinking of becoming a crossdresser or may have been one. There is no actual crossdressing, but the person is inclined in that direction.

(2) Is considered to be a "fetishist" who may wear an item or two of clothing from the opposite sex as a means of sexual arousal.

(3) Is considered by Doctor Benjamin to be the "true transvestite." However, there seem to be four distinct variations within that category.

(3A) Is the situational crossdresser who does not really get involved in cross-gender behavior of any type except for an occasion where he is required to wear clothing of the opposite sex for some specific reason. He does not have a compulsion to crossdress.

(3B) Is the partial transvestite. He has gone beyond the realm of fetishism but does not completely crossdress. This person does not generally appear in public as a crossdresser.

(3C) Is the occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does appear in public. However, the person appears to need some sort of sanctioned event to do so, such as Halloween, Mardi Gras, or a costume party.

(3D) Is the person who dresses as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. This person appears in public.

(4) Is considered to be the "low-intensity or occasional transsexual." This person has an intermittent strong desire, or a constant low desire for gender reassignment surgery.

(5) Is considered to be the "moderate intensity transsexual."

(6) Is the "high intensity transsexual" who desperately seeks gender reassignment surgery. He may be suicidal if prospects for reassignment therapy do not appear promising.

(7) Has been added beyond Doctor Benjamin's scale to represent the post-operative transsexual who has completed gender reassignment surgery and is living as a member of the opposite sex. Many male to female transsexuals refer to themselves as "New Women" or "New Men."

I am 3-a

Tinkerbell-GG
04-14-2014, 10:04 PM
My H would be between 3B and 3C - he occasionally dresses completely but never in public.

Me, I'm boring old 0 :)

Sometimes Steffi
04-14-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm between 3C and 3D.

And Tink. Didn't you say you were a tom-boy, or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. A tom-boy is at least a 1, and maybe even a 3A or 3B, not just a 0.

ShelbyDawn
04-14-2014, 10:11 PM
easy peasy...3D

Elisa Lace
04-14-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm a 3A-3C. Haven't dressed publicly yet, but I'd really love to so... Maybe I will do it this year, who knows.

Nadine Spirit
Okay I will bite.

3D - except for dressing as often as possible. I generally only dress 2-4 times per month but I could do it mich more often if I wanted to.

Drusilla
3B with Ambitions of making it to 3D.

chelyann
04-14-2014, 10:19 PM
3d with a touch of 4

Tinkerbell-GG
04-14-2014, 10:27 PM
I'm between 3C and 3D.

And Tink. Didn't you say you were a tom-boy, or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. A tom-boy is at least a 1, and maybe even a 3A or 3B, not just a 0.

Ha, good point Steffi! I think I'm a 'wanna be' Tom boy. I always did prefer boys toys and games to boring girl stuff, and boys always made life look so much easier. I rocked the girl clothing though and don't have a masculine body type, so maybe I'm a 0.5 :)

Adriana
04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Between a 3b and 3c if that's possible :)

mechamoose
04-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Nope. I don't fit on this scale at all. :/

Martha G
04-14-2014, 10:31 PM
A 3A.

Dress up for costume parties as a woman or female character occasionally.

Tina G
04-14-2014, 10:32 PM
I would have to say 3C moving forward to 3D.

KaceyR
04-14-2014, 11:09 PM
I'd say 3D... (2D would leave me flat ) *rimshot*.

Thank yew...will be here all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waiters...

:)

But I can't say entirely that there hasn't been some wonder at HRT or such..dunno about the jump to surgery. (Seems to be a bit gapped list-wise...

Kevyn53
04-14-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm just short of a 3D. The "often as possible" part is a really vague term. I don't feel then need to dress "as Often as possible." It's more of a urge that builds up and I feel softer when dolled up.

Anna H
04-14-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm going to crawl out on a nice narrow (pink) limb here and suggest there's
some stuff missing and/or arranged incorrectly.

If i were being "classified"...according to this...it would be wrong.

Lygophilia
04-14-2014, 11:48 PM
The close that could fit on is between 1 and 0. 1 for being open to it, due to having more variety. I was curious when dressing at one point from boredem of the other side. Accepted recently that I can't get in to it, because it's mostly not convenient. Don't know my own sexuality, from the 0 bit.

Melissa73
04-14-2014, 11:48 PM
(3C) Is the occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does appear in public. However, the person appears to need some sort of sanctioned event to do so, such as Halloween, Mardi Gras, or a costume party.

(3D) Is the person who dresses as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. This person appears in public.

Rachael Leigh
04-15-2014, 12:04 AM
I guess I'm a 3b since I do it often but generally not in public but have done it in public.

Michelle789
04-15-2014, 12:14 AM
I am a 5 to 6, but up until 2013 I thought I was waivering between being a 2 or 3b. In 2010 I saw a documentary "Her Name Was Steven" and after watching I freaked out that if I don't stop cross-dressing I will end up TS and wanting to transition.

In late 2013 to early 2014 I went through a pseudo 3D stage where I dressed completely and as much as possible but only at home.

Now I don't mean to scare anyone because most CDs who are 1 to 3 will never end up being TS 4 to 7. However many TS 4 to 7 start off as CD 1 to 3.

PaulaQ
04-15-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm a 6, unfortunately. (It really, really, really sucks, being a 6).

Diane Lynn
04-15-2014, 12:37 AM
I am a 3D. I spend every day as a woman, just doing what needs to be done. If I am not going out, I will just put on foundation. The problem is, I only wear dresses. I am having a hard time finding casual dresses that fit me.

sanderlay
04-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Since this is just for fun I'm adding a category. My reason is 3D is just not working for me and 4 is going to far. So...

(3E) This person dresses full time and has a mixed presentation of gendered clothing. They state their gender is a mix of both male and female. They do appear in public with this mixed presentation.

Eryn
04-15-2014, 01:07 AM
Definitely a solid 3D, going out two or three times a week.

Sanderlay's 3E would also work for me as most of my male wardrobe is actually from the female side of the aisle. I definitely present male, but this male has nice fingernails, colorful shirts, and pretty studs in his ears.

Zylia
04-15-2014, 01:44 AM
I know that there are supposed to be a few more qualifiers for each position within the Benjamin scale, anxiety levels, sexuality, gender identity, etc. Anyway, I'm always 'off the scale'. Based on these descriptions alone I'm a 3B unless "not completely crossdress" means that I do not go for the full package (I know it actually does and I know I do go for the full package) or a 3D minus the "often as possible", because I occasionally decide not to dress.

It's actually quite surprising to see so little 4's here, considering that's what I hear on this forum all the time.

trisha kobichenko
04-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Hi,
Color me between 3C and 3D. I have appeared in public as part of a sanctioned event (halloween, several times) but I have a full beard that my SO loves and does not wish me to shave, so that sort of limits my appearance in public without some 'drama' associated with it. I do, however, dress at home as completely and as often as possible. So maybe I am a 3C.5 :)
Hugs,
Trish

Amanda M
04-15-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm a 40C - or is that a different scale........

Vickie_CDTV
04-15-2014, 02:57 AM
A 3C, I do appear in the general public but only when there is a trans event or group get-together. I don't need to dress everyday and don't really want to do everyday mundane things as a woman.

Babbs
04-15-2014, 03:02 AM
somewhere between 3c and 3d. I dress once a week and have to go out in public now because lack of private time at home. public does not mean with people I know though. When I dress i want to achieve passable status, though have yet to do so but moving forward to that goal. would like to add some home time dressing if I could get the nerve to tell the wife.

Katey888
04-15-2014, 03:54 AM
OK - just for fun...

Between a 3b and 3c if that's possible :)
Not just possible but you have me snuggled up beside you... a 3c minus the public part (unless you count the virtual forum public here..? no? OK..)

Nope. I don't fit on this scale at all. :/
MM - categories are not for you.. If most of us can force-fit ourselves into one of these silly boxes, yours would be a very multidimensional space indeed... I envy you your diversity, am fascinated by your complexity, but am more than happy with my own simplicity.. :D

A 3C, I do appear in the general public but only when there is a trans event or group get-together. I don't need to dress everyday and don't really want to do everyday mundane things as a woman.
Vickie - that would be my ambition - probably to go out to a closed event first or a group... but I'm completely with you on the latter.. life is so much quicker, although less attractive, as a male... :)

I do look forward to the time when we'll all have our own unique designator - CD/TV catII 3c (c/w wig+) TG<min> & chocolate sprinkles - tattooed as a bar code on our wrists... that'll make it easier for us all to be rounded up come the glorious day... :eek:

Katey x

Milou
04-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Between 1 and 2. Might go further, might not?

Jackiefl
04-15-2014, 04:31 AM
I'm a 3D with a dash of 4

Claire Cook
04-15-2014, 04:46 AM
3D with glasses!!

Bea A
04-15-2014, 05:17 AM
Probably at 3C and getting pretty close to 3D. About the only male clothes I wear are to work... and church.

Matia
04-15-2014, 05:25 AM
3D

for me my "status" is best described as bi-gender, i am happy being a man, i am not happy being a woman because i can't really be one, but i try to get as close as possible and when i am then i am happy :)

Jillian Faith
04-15-2014, 05:27 AM
I'm 3D I do dress as completely as possible and as often as possible, depending on the situation and personal lifestyle. I do go out in public mostly shopping during the day just not often enough.

Princess29
04-15-2014, 05:46 AM
add me to the "between a 3c and 3d" category

Marcelle
04-15-2014, 05:52 AM
I would land squarely in 3D. However, perhaps the question to ask is given the right set of life circumstances (i.e., time, understanding SO, ability to dress, looks, confidence, opportunity) where would you fall? I think a lot of gals are answering based on current constraints (e.g., DADT relationships) . . . so take the constraints off and have another go?

For me it would still be 3D as I have no desire to transition beyond the 3.

Hugs

Isha

Lacey New
04-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Somewhere between a 3B and a 3C. i will dress as fully as i can, whenever I can but the situations are rare. In the meantime, i have to settle for a little underdressing now and then. Thank goodness people don't have xray vision.

Erica Marie
04-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Technically I am a 34b, but on your list I am a solid 3D bordering on 4.

S. Lisa Smith
04-15-2014, 07:18 AM
3D

for me my "status" is best described as bi-gender, i am happy being a man, i am not happy being a woman because i can't really be one, but i try to get as close as possible and when i am then i am happy :)
I'm a 3D maybe a 3D minus, but I feel like Matia...

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi Lucy, I would fit into a 3D, But not appear in public.

natcrys
04-15-2014, 07:28 AM
As long as we're all playing :p

I fit 3D but not completely.

I dress when I feel like it. Not as often as possible. So I might have a free weekend and I just don't feel like dressing... that happens as well. :)

Gypsy Sam
04-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Definitely a 2, however find that 3b is becoming more prevalent especially in the last year. Dr. Harry Benjamin's scale has been on my mind lately and your posting is very timely. Thanks for the input.

Michelle (Oz)
04-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Definitely a 3D - as often and completely as possible - but without the qualification.

joan47
04-15-2014, 08:01 AM
3D to 4 would be where I am at

kimdl93
04-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Definitely a 3D. I would live full time as a woman if circumstances permit, but make accommodations necessary in life.

Ineke Vashon
04-15-2014, 08:08 AM
With 46 answers of numbers and letters it would be interesting to add these all up then divide by 46. Voila, your average crossdresser.

Me? I'll go with Katey's analysis - CD/TV catII 3c (c/w wig+) TG<min> & chocolate sprinkles :devil:

Ineke

Sheila11
04-15-2014, 10:43 AM
I have been thinking about this for the last 24 hours. It has been disturbing for me. There is a huge chasm between 3D and 4. I know I will never cross it but I feel like I am leaning way to far over the edge to see what is on the other side. It appears that I have allowed family, friends, work. and my current known world to attach some very strong ropes to keep me from falling. This leaves me confused.

Dianne S
04-15-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm between 5 and 6. I don't think I'd be suicidal if I could not transition, but I would be very unhappy.

Elsie Marina
04-15-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm 3c Beta version. Occasional transvestite who does dress completely and does not appear in public.

Jodi
04-15-2014, 11:23 AM
3-D XXXXXXXXX. (I had to add the x's so the post would take.

PaulaQ
04-15-2014, 11:35 AM
A note on my claim on being a 6 - I've actually attempted suicide in fear and hopelessness that I'd never transition successfully. :(
I'm surprised I lived through last year.

You don't want to be a 6. If you identify "between 5 and 6" - seriously consider transition. By the time you get to 6, it can be too late. It nearly was for me.
Sorry to spoil the fun with a PSA.

Hint: higher on this scale is not better.

Debra Russell
04-15-2014, 11:56 AM
3d - but thats only if conditions allow - only been "out" 3-4 times in the last two years because yada yada yada........................Debra

Beverley Sims
04-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I am a 3 something...
I do wear a 36 B bra, does that help. :)

paulaprimo
04-15-2014, 12:31 PM
i'm a solid 3D who dreams about being a 4 :)

mmdallas
04-15-2014, 12:42 PM
I think I'm about a 3b.

Bria
04-15-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm between 3c and 3d

Bria

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-15-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm a 3D-, and loving it

Adriana Moretti
04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
very close to a 3d,....this chart thingy isnt very accurate at all but i will play along

Wildaboutheels
04-15-2014, 04:17 PM
My # is obvious but irrelevant.

However, I refuse to ride the NIMBY bandwagon, like a goodly percentage here. I am more than happy to ride on the bus and let the Rosa Parks of the world sit on my lap whenever they need to.

PaulaQ
04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
My # is obvious but irrelevant.

Clearly a 6 - but in denial ;)

Sorry wild, just joshing.

AnnabelleBethanie
04-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I think for me, I would place myself as 3b

Sometimes Steffi
04-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Ha, good point Steffi! I think I'm a 'wanna be' Tom boy. I always did prefer boys toys and games to boring girl stuff, and boys always made life look so much easier. I rocked the girl clothing though and don't have a masculine body type, so maybe I'm a 0.5 :)

Tink. This is the criteria for a type 1:

(1) Represents the person who is thinking of becoming a crossdresser or may have been one. There is no actual crossdressing, but the person is inclined in that direction.

No actual crossdressing required, just thinking about crossdressing. Didn't they guys have more "kid-friendly" clothes?

Come on Tink. Admit it. Just joking. But it is something to think about. You're not as straight and narrow as you'd like to believe.

Aelita Nolan
04-15-2014, 10:42 PM
I would say I am probably a 3b although I think sometimes it is a 2.

t-girlxsophie
04-15-2014, 10:52 PM
My feet are firmly planted in 3d,only recently getting back out in public after a long break

Karren J
04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm a 3d to 4

sfwarbonnet
04-23-2014, 01:06 PM
I am a practical crossdresse; usually an underdresser, but I would dress completely given the opportunity. Guess that makes me a 3C.

Wearing clothes usually associated with the opposite sex rapidly becomes normal. However, items that could be spotted as women’s clothes when underdressing, such as a bra and nylons, is more of a challenge; but when there is no reaction from either men or women that invites one to wear only womenswear. I have found these items both acceptable and practical:

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally considered a female item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders.

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and sheer pantyhose are OK and are more available. I actually prefer thigh highs as they are easier to put on, they do not need to be lowered to go to the bathroom, and only one leg needs to be deep-sixed when a run becomes apparent

6) Purse: One cannot usually keep a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in the small side pockets and lack of back pockets that are typical of women’s pants. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department. Even when suitable clothing is available in menswear, it is a specialty item and often more expensive there!

Cheryl T
04-23-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm a 3D+ or a 4-, something a little in between.

NicoleScott
04-23-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't fit all of the qualifiers to any specific category, but closer to 3C-3D. I dress as often as I can (which has changed a lot over the years), I dress and make up completely (well, more than completely - over the top), I go out less than in the past, as I'd rather go over-the-top and stay in than tone it down and go out, and I don't need an event excuse to dress and go out. Nowhere near a 4.

5150 Girl
04-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Somewhere between 5 and 6, closer to 6...

2B Natasha
04-23-2014, 02:36 PM
I think I am a 3C.1 I go out, I go out when I want, but it isn't all that much. SOme times the desire is there and sometimes it isn't. I don't need an event to go out for, but grocery shopping is an event. I like to go to dinner or the theatre, Sometimes just for a cup of coffee. Cleaning the house or just sitting around with the blinds drawn? Not so much.

Cheers

Hell on Heels
04-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm a homegirl 99% of the time while fully dressed.
I have stepped out, but have not interacted with anyone while out in public.
I'd love to get out at some point with others, just to see if it is something I enjoy.
If I find it doesn't interest me, there is no reason for me to take this any further.
If it turns out that I am comfortable, and enjoy being in public, I then would have to consider making the reveal to my SO and other important people.
Much Love,
Kristyn

PaulaQ
04-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Somewhere between 5 and 6, closer to 6...

Oh honey, please tell me you are talking to a therapist and going to a support group! And please PM me if I can help you - that worries me so much. I'm a 6 - and I wouldn't wish this on terrorists!

If you are bordering on 6 - it's time to call in the pro's. Please please please please don't wait until you hit 6 to start doing something about this. :hugs:

Deborah
04-23-2014, 02:54 PM
5....just live day to day till I finally get it over with. Hopefully natural causes.

TinaZ
04-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Recently moved from 3B to 3C, and looking forward to 3D.

bimini1
04-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Definitely 3C-3D. I will appear in public but within the confines of others in a support group type outing/event. I'm unlikely to just go out there on my own though I am tempted and sooner or later I feel it will happen. I wonder does intent count? Or what your would "prefer" to do given no current constrictions?

Brittany CD
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm definitely 3c

Tami Monroe
04-23-2014, 07:07 PM
I am 3B right now, but looking to move to 3C. I have all of you to thank for me even considering moving up the ladder there. :)

PaulaQ
04-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm still amazed at how many think moving up the scale is an improvement. I guess I should be overjoyed to be at 6, huh?

A higher number really isn't better here... At least not if you like keeping your life kind of intact.

flatlander_48
04-23-2014, 07:31 PM
3D and very comfortable with it; no need to go further for the foreseeable future...

cdkateinboston
04-23-2014, 10:16 PM
I'd have to say between 3C and 3D. I as well have not been out dressed, but many people know about my dressing and when I dress I go all out with makeup, fake nails, clothing, heels etc

KittyPryde
04-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Currently somewhere between a 2 and 3A. Possibly 3b.

fem1989
04-23-2014, 10:58 PM
I guess I'm somewhere between 3b and 3c.
Dress up completely but don't have any interest in going out in public accept maybe for some halloween shenanigans.

LovelyGeek
04-23-2014, 11:45 PM
that is a very interesting scale.
Based on that I don't really fit. I like the term TG, or gender-bender.
I am a male (sex) - but don't fit the gender binary and like to dress in female and male cloths - present as male at work - and yet female when i want to dress.
It doesnt have anything to do with fetishism. Anyhow,
Thanks for posting the scale! I thought it was very cool and interesting to think about!

HannahF6
04-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Well I think of myself as a 67, because it is prime and I like prime numbers.

AlexisWest
04-23-2014, 11:51 PM
Based on that scale, I'm a 4

Charla McBee
04-24-2014, 02:05 AM
I'd say I'm a wannabe 3D (no public appearances of any sort though the desire is there) who perhaps teeters on the edge of a 4.

I'm not really sure what the heck goes on inside my head anymore. In my early days I was much further down on the scale, seems like it could be easy to slowly slide your way up if you allow yourself. I'm generally quite happy in my male persona but I do have girly days where I really wish I could present the opposite. I don't see myself ever wanting to make the full switch but there has always been a curiosity there.

sexycindy
04-24-2014, 03:37 AM
I guess 3B due to the not going out :)

Nadia Pinky
04-24-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm tends to 3B

noeleena
04-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Hi,

Hmmm......Dont think he looked at us lot. so spos we dont exist dont have to prove nothing then...he he ..

...noeleena...

VAWyman
04-24-2014, 06:24 AM
3B for me.

Butterfly Bill
04-24-2014, 06:31 AM
(3E) This person dresses full time and has a mixed presentation of gendered clothing. They state their gender is a mix of both male and female. They do appear in public with this mixed presentation.

One more 3E here. I don't do it "as completely as possible".

sometimes_miss
04-24-2014, 06:59 AM
O.K., I stopped reading when I got to #1. 'Thinking of becoming a crossdresser'. Really? There are people who say to themselves, hmmmmm, maybe I'll start wearing women's clothing, and try to present myself as a girl. Everyone will certainly think that's a great idea.

Give me a break. I know we need those people in order to get the stamp of approval for SRS. But it really irritates the hell out of me how screwed up the system is. I've accepted that there are plenty of bad therapists out there, just as there are great ones. But the damage the bad ones do, oh, it just makes my head hurt.

NicoleScott
04-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Alex (sometimes_miss), I replied to the question as asked, but I get what you said about #1. I kept reading, though. "Becoming a crossdresser" seems silly, and flies in the face of the many who claim they were born this way rather than became this way because of some early (or late!) influence. We're not crossdressers because we came to this conclusion after a thoughtful mental exercise. We crossdress in response to the drive (origin unknown).
I've never thought there is just one scale, somewhere along which we all can be placed. Instead, I think there are fundamental differences in what drives us to crossdress. Up to 3D, it's all about the clothes. Starting at 4, it's about "being female" to varying degrees. It's not that I see a huge gap between 3 and 4, I see it as apples and oranges.

Jamiegirl1
04-24-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm a 3D!

BillieJoEllen
04-24-2014, 10:31 AM
As a young child and as an adult I always felt as though I was really a girl or woman. At fifteen I was ordered by the court to undergo psychiatric counseling and evaluation. Diagnosis - I was transsexual. I had always dreamed of growing up and moving away and living as a woman. Things were tough back in those days. Jail time if caught on the street in women's clothes not to mention societal condemnation. I also saw two psychoanalysts in later years and they also told me I was TS. I was also advised that I would never present well as a woman. If I knew then though what I know now I definitely would be a seven today. I attempted suicide a few times back then. I decided after some more counseling that I would make my best effort at living because I had a wife and a baby on the way. My wife wanted me to go back into counseling because she thought I could get 'cured' of my TSism. I never took much stock in what the counselors tried to talk to me about. For the most part I felt it was a big waste of money. Today I would consider myself a 6. No more no less.

rian
04-24-2014, 10:40 AM
I can claim a 3C and even sure for 3D but do not appear in public ....

marsha leanne
04-24-2014, 11:47 AM
3 b here, down from a 3 d

Amanda Briegh
04-24-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm a 3C to 3D but I can see myself progressing further.

franlee
04-24-2014, 03:27 PM
A 3-b that has been to 3-d. Now in my area one has to take a few things in to count that also limits your choices. One that is very important now that I have gained a lot of weight is the weather. The heat here causes so much discomfort and misery with makeup and shape ware. Then factor in this is a rural area where everybody knows everybody and their vehicles, even their dogs. You can't do anything within 75 miles without running into a neighbor or relative. It just limits your status unless you go "all in."

Mercedes
04-24-2014, 03:46 PM
I am definitely a 3C, without the dressing in public. Having said that, lately finding the time to even occasionally dress is challenging. And I certainly would love the idea of being out in public one day and become a full fledged 3C.

Charla McBee
04-24-2014, 05:12 PM
O.K., I stopped reading when I got to #1. 'Thinking of becoming a crossdresser'. Really? There are people who say to themselves, hmmmmm, maybe I'll start wearing women's clothing, and try to present myself as a girl. Everyone will certainly think that's a great idea.

I didn't see it like that. I took it more as someone who is eyeballing the clothing of the opposite gender and has a very strong desire to wear it but has not yet acted upon it for whatever reason. Perhaps they have dressed in the past but have not done so in recent months. Essentially, someone who is inclined to cross dress but is not actively doing it at this time. He isn't talking about somebody just waking up one day and saying "gee, I wonder what this whole crossdressing thing is all about, perhaps I'll give it a try!", rather the 1 category refers to someone with the latent possibly suppressed desire to move further up the scale. The 1 is a CD in their head but hasn't done anything physical.

I think I kind of started as a 1 and rapidly worked my way up from there as I grew up. I had this in my subconscious for a while but once I acted upon it, I had a Pandora's Box on my hands.

irene9999
04-24-2014, 05:29 PM
probably a 3C

krissygurl
04-24-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm a 1 currently in practice, but feel like would like to be a 3c/3d. I would like to go out regularly and not just special occasions but not every time I go out.

CynthiaD
04-24-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm a 3D. But of course we could add a number of categories. For instance, I think of myself as a woman all of the time, but I have no particular desire for hormones or surgery. I may change my mind about this in the future, but as for now, I don't see that it would change much of anything. I wouldn't mind having real breasts, but at my age I don't think hormones would give me much.

JennyLynn
04-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Arghhh... being catergorized geesh ok I'll bite... between 3c and me!

DonnaA
04-25-2014, 01:00 AM
I'm a 3B.:)

AmandaM
04-25-2014, 01:41 AM
Drift between these: 3C-3D-4

Seana Summer
04-25-2014, 03:24 AM
It is thought provoking and interesting to think about, though I hate to get too wrapped up in definitions and labels.

Like many others I don't really fit well into one of the categories and it depends on how you define certain terms. between 3B and 3C fits me the best with just an occasional dash of 3D. I don't bother with makeup so maybe I am not dressing as completely as possible? not trying hard enough? or maybe I am just lazy!:rofl::lol:

I know a lot of GG's who are without question 3A and I am sure they don't even know it

In the end I am still just me.........sometimes in a skirt suit and heels........... no matter the number:battingeyelashes:

Vintage4sarah
04-25-2014, 06:03 AM
I am a "3C" longing to be a "D" if I had more opportunities. Right now Sarah is a "0" as she sits here in a cast as a result of shattering my ankle in a fall. No nylons and heals for a while !

Kirsten1
04-25-2014, 06:05 AM
I am a 3B. but as with all "classifications or categories" nothing fits exactly

shelley johnson
04-25-2014, 09:26 AM
I was surprised by my reaction to the classifications. When reading and answering honestly I come up between 3d and 4. i believe this will make for a strong self evaluation on the pursuit of hrt.

Kate's at home
04-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Always only at home, every day, a 3B to 3C, with some days a bit of 3D motivation, just no desire to try and go out and pass (mission impossible).

Now if I was under 5'8" and could fit into a size 6 or 8...

Kate