PDA

View Full Version : Sizes

chloemonroe
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi girls, hope you are all well.
I'd just like to ask a little bit of advice please.
If my waist in mens trousers is 32'' ( I know, mens trousers boring boring boring....lol....me thinks I'm gonna start shopping on e-bay for womens trousers) what would that size be in women's trousers.
Many thanks.
Chloe
xxx

Butterfly Bill
01-12-2006, 06:53 PM
To get you in the barnyard, you can subtract 20 from your waist size in inches to get your dress/pants size. 32-20 = size 12. You're probably a Medium. But be advised that there is no real standardization and a lot of variety in size labels. I've got stuff that fits in from size 10 to 20W.

If you go to the site of a department store that has a catalog, like Sears or Penny's, they will have inches to size conversion charts. Just Google the names to get the URLs.

Otherwise, not go by label sizes if you are buying stuff not actually tried on in a non-cyber dressing room. Ask for specific waist measurements in inches.

MsJanessa
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
between an 8 and a 10 depending on the particular brand

danielle_bc
01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Hi girls, hope you are all well.
I'd just like to ask a little bit of advice please.
If my waist in mens trousers is 32'' ( I know, mens trousers boring boring boring....lol....me thinks I'm gonna start shopping on e-bay for womens trousers) what would that size be in women's trousers.
Many thanks.
Chloe
xxx
I shop on Ebay regularly. Great place to save scads of cash and still get super deals.
Don't always go by sizing as it does change from manufacturer to designer but usually in the ball park. Most sellers have sizing charts in their stores so window shop a lot until you get comfortable in Ebay. If you are ever in doubt about an items proper size and fit(tight stuff), sellers will take emails regarding any questions you might have before you bid.
Good luck and have fun shopping.:GD:

kristytv
01-12-2006, 11:51 PM
ebay is your friend, i have bought a bunch of stuff off of there, i sell car parts on occasion too . the only problem with sizing is what has been said above, i know what i am, and different measurements and odd sizes have hurt me, even though i might fit into a size range, i have got stuff that simpley doesnt fit becasue of my build, i have a few items here that i cant wear becasue of it, and my ex gf has got presents becasue of the stuff that didnt fit

chloemonroe
01-13-2006, 04:41 AM
Thank you girls.
ooooooo e-bay, can't wait to get started.
Take care
Chloe
xxx

Tina T
01-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Be careful on the sizes quoted Chloe because most of the girls who’ve posted are from the US which has a different sizing system than us in the UK . I’m a 34” waist so I usually buy either a stretchy waistband 16 or a regular size 18.

Julie York
01-13-2006, 11:58 AM
In the Uk you are size 12 to 14.

I know! I am the same size as you. Some size 14s are too big and some size 12s are too tight depending on the manufacturer and good luck.

Kimberly
01-13-2006, 12:16 PM
10 or a 12... you'll find that women's jeans accomadate for the hips.

10 if your skinny, (like me :p)
12 if you've got at least some meat on your bones.