PDA

View Full Version : Curious question for all of you

rnewpoint GG
01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
how did you come up with your femme name and is there any meaning to it?

Joyce1702
01-12-2006, 08:18 PM
I think there was a long thread on this subject previously, but that was before my time here, so I'll reply to this one.

I picked Joyce because I wanted a "J" name so my intitial would be the same. (I have credit cards with just initials so either of us can use them). Also, there was a special girl in high school named Joyce who was the inspiration for my femme personna.

Joyce

AprilMae
01-12-2006, 08:24 PM
April is my favorite month and instead of a number in case there were other Aprils I picked a middle name, with a bit of a joke. It reminds me of a piece we used to play in High School Band, The January February March. PS, I chose it specifically to sign up here, I never had a Femme name before.

Steffie-Lee
01-12-2006, 08:31 PM
My full Femme name is Stephanie Lee Davis. A name I made up from three movie actresses who I think are the ultimate feminine women: Stephanie Powers, Lee Remick and Bette Davis. Getting a credit card in that name was easy, the NY State driver's license is still a challenge.:angel:

TGMarla
01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
When I opened my Hotmail account, "Marla" was already taken. It was to be an account I would use for my transgendered activities, so I just stuck a "TG" at the beginning, and no one else had taken it yet. So I was TGMarla. As for this forum, there was a "Marla GG", a Marla Perez, and a few "Marlena"s out there. Also, the lucky lady who joined here as "Marla" had already been here for a whole week before I joined. Got me by a week, g'friend! So TGMarla it is.

Oh, and as for why I chose "Marla" to begin with? Well, I called myself "Elena", but somehow it just didn't fit me well. So I changed it to "Marla" just because I think it's a pretty name. Wouldn't you agree, Angel?

Daintre
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
My fem name is Jennifer, a "j" name to match my guy name. I chose "satinone" as my handle and that is because of a love affair with satin fabric. ;)

Alison Michelle
01-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Alison is a girl I knew in high school, she is smart, elegant, caring and a nice person to be around. Michelle is someone who was a beautiful person in side and NEVER noticed how pretty she is outside until she lost my respect(after I picked my name.)

So two ladies combined, make one hell of a woman I aspire to emulate.:c9:

Natasha Joy
01-12-2006, 09:32 PM
My name was inspired by two women I have known. The Joy part from a longtime friend I used to spend a lot of time dancing with. Natasha the name of a really cute graduate student who was working a summer job for one of my clients. The Joy part of the name also reflects how I feel when I can spend time as the girl.

Gretchen
01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I picked my feminine name because it was the name my mother said she would have used if I had been born a girl. It is also the name of several lovely women I have known and respected in high school and college. It is apparently not a commonly used name and it also reflects my German heritage.
Love,
Gretchen

jennifer easton
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Come to find out it's the one my mom was going to use if I'd been a girl, she dosen't know she has a daughter though!
xoxoxoxJennifer

susan kay
01-12-2006, 10:35 PM
:bs:
how did you come up with your femme name and is there any meaning to it?
two Girls that I love'd dearly susan for one and kay for another Girl Friend ago susan Kay

David R
01-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I did'nt come up with mine my wife did after a weekend with her friend in omaha after we fought.Not sure how Dannielle was the end result,she has since told me she would never refer to me as Dannielle again after every thing that has happened between us though.

Petra1
01-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Petra Verkaik is one of my favorite Playboy Playmates.

trisha_anne
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
My early femme names sounded too much like strippers and didn't really fit my personality. My wife and her friend and I had a dicussion and out of it came Trisha Anne Kelly( My full femme name.) Trisha because it started with a T just like my real name, Anne cause it just sounded good, and Kelly was my mothers maiden name. I don't usually use full name though it was just a formality, those who know her call her Trish.

sandy_folsom
01-13-2006, 01:55 AM
There's a lady I know who is named Sandy. She wears very sexy outfits at work - the kinds I like to wear. So it's in honor of her and her taste in clothing.

Lisa Maren
01-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Hi there

I sort of answered this one in my other thread but that's okay.

Lisa was the name of a girl in high school who used to like to wear pantyhose to classes. I would have had a crush on her had I not been in love with another girl.

Meaghan was just a name I liked with a spelling I liked even better. Then, sometime after I chose that name, I began writing CD stories and I named one of my favorite characters in my stories Meaghan. I guess I wanted my last name to have more meaning than it did. The character Meaghan in my stories does a lot of different things in my stories. She's the best friend of the TG/CD main character and foremost supporter of the main chacter's femme side. In some stories, she's also the CD/TG's girlfriend. In a couple of stories she becomes aware of the TG/CD's femininity before the TG/CD does and helps him to embrace it. She even christens the femme side in some of the stories. I guess Meaghan has come to represent some of my wishes and dreams. :)

Hugs,
Lisa

Michelle Jo
01-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Michelle Jo is the closest thing to my birth given name "Micheal Joesph" ... Having always felt I would have been happier if I had been born female, it is a name I have always preferred to be known as, I am not saying I have a female personality trapped inside this body although much of my persona is more feminine than masculine. I consider myself as a Bi-Gendered person, meaning I have both a strong masculine side and a softer but still as prevalent feminine side to my persona which both work together 24/7 to make me the complete person I am everyday.

Your Sister from Kansas,
Michelle Jo

Nicole Lee
01-13-2006, 12:50 PM
There is another thread about this .. but I'll share anyway. :)

I picked Nicole because there was this girl in high school that I had the HUGEST crush over. I loved everything about her .. her beautiful looks, silky black hair, and kind personality. A lot of people knew it also, my friends often teasing me for being shy and not asking her out. Eventually, the name just stuck to me and I even named my car ('06 RSX Type S) " Nicole. " So, I only found it proper to make my CD name Nicole as well. ;) And I used " Lee " because it's a generic Asian last name, and I'm Asian .. soo, that fits also.

Julia Cross
01-13-2006, 02:19 PM
I have always thought of Julia Roberts as a truly beautiful woman. Inside and out. She exemplifies femininity, strength of character, honesty, charm, inteligence, and the list goes on. In my opinion she is perfect woman. So therefore it seemed natural to choose her name as the name for feminine side.

julia

Gale R
01-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Mine is simple to explain, i just changed the first letter of my drab name and got Gale.:D

@AprilMae, like your Space 1999 avatar.

Talon DeRojo
01-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally, my name was Talon S DeRojo, but I dropped the middle initial somewhere along the way. My favorite thing about CDing is wearing long, polished (especially red) fingernails. They make me feel sexy and feminine. Talon means claw or an object shaped like one (like my long, fake fingernail) and I think that was the name of a character played by Teri Garr in a TV (that's television!) miniseries called "Fresno". Her character, of course, had long nails. "De Rojo" is Spanish for 'of red', so my name means red talons.:bs:

katewithcurves
01-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Mine is the name of a girl I dated that I thought was the cutest girl I've ever known. If I could magically be female I would want to look just like her, with the only possible alternate exception being the goddess Marilyn Monroe.

Lady Katherine
01-13-2006, 06:31 PM
If I were younger, I too might have chosen Julia. I agree with Julia Cross that Julia Roberts is my ideal for the modern woman: strong, but feminine; knowledgeable, but warm; "just one of the girls, too."

But I chose Katherine for two reasons: it matches my male first initial, and secondly, I would loveto model myself after Katharine Hepburn: tall and elegant but also worldly and athletic. And she was woman who knew her own mind, too. And as her lifelong love for Spencer Tracy showed, she was a woman of heart.

Katherine (spelled differently that Katharine Hepburn)

Julie York
01-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I was forced to assume this name by a fem dom on a forum I forget now. And now I daren't change it.

:D :D
Yeah right.

GypsyKaren
01-13-2006, 07:52 PM
My name is Karen Marie, my friends call me Gypsy. I don't quite know how I got to be Karen, the name kinda picked me I guess when I was 14 or so. Marie was a name I had considered for my daughter that I liked a lot, and I picked up Gypsy from my wife, we were listening to a Bob Dylan song once about a free spirit, a gypsy, and she looked at me and said " that's what you are, a gypsy", and so I became GypsyKaren.

GypsyKaren

Sweet Susan
01-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Susan Hayward, Susan Sarandon, Susan La Rock. What else needs be said.

Holly
01-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Here's a link (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394&page=2&highlight=Brother)to that older thread a few others have mentioned. My answer is in there. :)

ericalynne
01-13-2006, 11:59 PM
not sure but i always liked the name erica..with a c because a c is such a more feminine letter than a k
c has curves k has angles..and lynne is such a femmy girly name i just love it
my name seems to roll off the tongue easily...ericalynne lewis..that's me and it will always be me.kissses

Lawren
01-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Lawren is just a shortened form of my boy name. It makes it easier to mail order fem things. It makes the address look like a natural typo and gives me "plausible deniability". :bs:

Phyliss
01-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Phyliss is close to my male name of Philip. It just seems to be a logical change for me.

The words "logical" and "me" in the same sentance is just .... "Not Quite Right"