PDA

View Full Version : Your first source when you started cross dressing

wantstocrossdress
04-18-2014, 05:44 PM
From who or where did you get your feminine clothing when you first tried cross dressing? It could be your mom, your sister, a friend, an aunt who you 'borrowed' from or they might have intentionally dressed you up. You might have also gathered the guts to buy your own from the start. So where did you buy them from?

The first femme stuff I tried were mom's. I don't remember if I tried her stuff on first or if she advised me to wear tights under my pants in winter. Either or, she gave me tights or I tried her hosiery.

Michelle V
04-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Very first time my cousin came to visit with a very colorful poncho 70s style, got caught and because of my relatives reaction I decided to hide my love for pretty clothes. Later my sister clothes were my favorite, this is back in the 80s so I developed a taste for that era.

JazT95
04-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I honestly can't remember why, but I also first tried on my mum's tights. Must have been 6 or 7 at the time. No one knew then, and nobody's knows now. I'm still amazed that even as a kid, I managed to hide it so well.

mechamoose
04-18-2014, 06:28 PM
My first CD stuff was my Mom's (sorry Mom!)

Then it was my girlfriend's (but she dressed me up!)

Now it's all mine! (and my wife borrows my clothes!)

<3

- MarvelousMoose

reb.femme
04-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Mechamoose just about wrote my reply for me.

My mum's stuff was my first try on and I loved the feel and colour of the slips particularly. Red and Blue, which coincidentally are the colours of my football (soccer) team too.
Then I got to try on my girlfriends clothes (now the wife) but I get to wear with her permission now.
Now got loads of my own stuff and wife has borrowed from me.

Rebecca

Keri L
04-18-2014, 06:46 PM
My Mum's (for our British sisters) pantyhose and some of her dresses that she put in my closet. That was her spillover storage, since her closet was full. I was probably seven the first time.

Then various girlfriend's clothes, then my wife's, and finally, my own! And, my collection is starting to get pretty good :)

Caitlyn

Jenelle
04-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Seeing as how my first time was when I was 5 or 6 and had no money or sisters Mom's stuff it was!

wantstocrossdress
04-18-2014, 07:11 PM
I wonder if there's someone here who's first source was dad or another crossdresser.

mechamoose
04-18-2014, 07:18 PM
I'd love to hear about that too!

My kids can. Their Dad wears frilly things, and they don't care. The first time they saw me with painted nails and wearing a skirt they didn't miss a beat. "That's just my Dad"

<3

- MM

wantstocrossdress
04-18-2014, 07:22 PM
I'd love to hear about that too!

My kids can. Their Dad wears frilly things, and they don't care. The first time they saw me with painted nails and wearing a skirt they didn't miss a beat. "That's just my Dad"

<3

- MM

to what extent would you help them in dressing up?

tifftg
04-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I started with my Mom's clothes, loved those long line girdles. Quickly moved to my sisters stuff when she went to college. My bedroom was in the remodeled basement which was also a storage area. Oh I loved those years, late 60's early 70's

mechamoose
04-18-2014, 07:30 PM
to what extent would you help them in dressing up?

I'd loan them clothes and help them with makeup. Though that wouldn't help my daughter.. our figures are too different. Damn!! She is curvy!

- MM

Candice Mae
04-18-2014, 07:40 PM
I "borrowed" my sisters bra's, could be considered handy downs since I did need one.

wantstocrossdress
04-18-2014, 07:44 PM
I "borrowed" my sisters bra's, could be considered handy downs since I did need one.

'needed'?

BLUE ORCHID
04-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi WTC, It was my mom's things.

Bailey420
04-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I guess for me it would be the "leotards" mom used to make us wear in the winter. But I never really dressed for many years aside from the odd pair of panties here n there. Then about 5 years ago I had a girlfriend move out and leave a few things behind and then another family friend give me a bag of clothes for my daughter that I discovered I could squeeze into. They never made it to her, lol. I've expanded from there since, but I have a long ways to go yet

Candice Mae
04-18-2014, 08:29 PM
'needed'?

Due to a hormone imbalance I started growing breasts at 11, I'm currently a full 34B/ small 34C with a feminine figure.

Nadine Spirit
04-18-2014, 08:35 PM
The first thing ever was my sisters Guess jean jacket. I used to wear it to middle school. I thought I was so cool. She eventually took it back and I didn't wear any female items for about 5-10 years.

Then was some of Jules' items. Which very shortly transitioned into me buying my own things.

Jilmac
04-18-2014, 09:12 PM
I was 7 years old when a cousin dared meto wear panties and a dress. I took the dare and was hooked. I had three older sisters and plenty of clothes to experiment with. My favorite at that time were the clothes from my second sister. She and I were about the same size and her clothes fit me best. I started buying my own lingerie items while I was in my teens and have been buying my own ever since.

KaceyR
04-18-2014, 09:36 PM
No siblings, and only hand touched/played-not wore - with my moms nylons when young. Age 21 or so I DJ'ed a lingerie party and one a drawing and a lingerie outfit. Well.. No girlfriend, but I kept the outfit. so as time went on curiosity got the best of me and I tried it on. Many times :heehee:
Other than that, it's just been stuff I've bought when I started seriously CDing last Sept/Oct.

toniloraine
04-18-2014, 10:18 PM
My moms and my grandmas when i really young. Mom always said i was her little girl. Grandma bought me a easter dress and outfit when i stayed with her for a while

Brittany CD
04-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Waited until I was an adult at unviersity to go to the thrift stores

LoriFlores
04-18-2014, 10:57 PM
My first source of girls clothing was my sisters. I would raid her dresser every chance I got when left home alone. Much later, my first purchase was pantyhose from a drugstore.

Beverley Sims
04-18-2014, 11:09 PM
I had been dressed when younger but a bra I found in the street when I was eight was the trigger.
I then saved and bought my own stuff.
I did acquire castoffs from the girl down the street.

TessaGirl
04-18-2014, 11:26 PM
It would have started with used girls' jeans bought
from charity shops around the time I went to
university. Most other things like female underwear etc,
came more than a decade later. Either bought
from shops/car boot sales/ebay, or scavenged from peoples'
rubbish outside houses (then washed!).

CarlaWestin
04-19-2014, 12:16 AM
Mom's bra drawer. Simple as that.

DebbieL
04-19-2014, 12:23 AM
From the girls on my block. We liked to play Barbies together and often traded Barbie clothes. Then the girls wanted to swap regular clothes. The girl whose house we were playing in usually had an extra dress - often one she hated, that she would let me wear. They were surprised that I actually looked very pretty, even with my buzz cut.

I did this for about 3 weeks, a few times a week, until one girl's mother, who was a religious fanatic, flipped out and made sure I couldn't play with any of the girls anymore. Then I had to switch to the dirty clothes hamper to get my mom's clothes. They didn't fit as well but it was the best I could do.

Farrah
04-19-2014, 01:36 AM
Trial and error!

luv2xdress
04-19-2014, 01:44 AM
hmm my first souce was my sisters school plaid skirt to which i still have today

trisha kobichenko
04-19-2014, 01:48 AM
My Mom's clothes...totally in secret...age was about 8. And that was 59 years ago, so there was not a lot of public acceptance of an 8 year old crossdresser! :)
Hugs,
Trisha

trisha kobichenko
04-19-2014, 01:52 AM
to continue...last time I dressed was today :)
trish

LIKETODRESS2
04-19-2014, 02:24 AM
no sisters so I started with my moms

sometimes_miss
04-19-2014, 03:44 AM
The guy who molested me used to dress me up in his sister's clothes. We were both about the same size, despite her being three years older than I was. That lasted for about four years, then I started to out grow her and started borrowing my own sister's old clothing; sis grew to be six feet tall, so I had plenty of her 'hand me downs' available from all the out of fashion things she didn't want to wear anymore (as well as some that she did, I occasionally borrowed some of her active wardrobe).

Helena Gwyn
04-19-2014, 04:12 AM
My mom's pantyhose when I was 14 I guess. First took a washed pair, then eventually a box with two new ones she wouldn't miss. Tried on some shoes and bathing suits as well. Don't have a sister, and the rest wouldn't fit or wasn't pretty.

immike
04-19-2014, 04:38 AM
My source was Mom's clothes&I would enter her closet,after she left for work in the morning.I started trying on dresses&heels,
added pantyhose,then began wearing skirts&a blouse&heels

Adriana Moretti
04-19-2014, 05:24 AM
OK...so this is the 3rd time a thread like this has been started....thats my cue........

Diedre
04-19-2014, 06:06 AM
My mother did sewing and alterations to help with income. No sisters and many times I was used as the dress form to hem when the skirt or dress was in my size.

It was back in the late 60's and I would often wear a panty girdle, bra stockings and slip along with heels during the hemming. She thought nothing of it, it was just a way to make money.

I started really liking it and would stay in the lingerie a little to long after the fitting was over which did not go unnoticed. Soon after my mother got a dress form from a second hand store and I was out of a job.

Ashley.Rene
04-19-2014, 06:22 AM
My first femme clothing actually came from a neighbor. When I was a kid, 6 or 7, we had a swimming pool in our yard so all the neighborhood kids would come swim. Well one afternoon after swimming, I went to take a bath, and there was my neighbor 's one piece bathing suite hanging in the shower. It was still dipping wet and I decide to try it on, needless to say I think that was the longest bath I have ever taken! !

~Ash

Adriana
04-19-2014, 06:32 AM
I started by wearing my Moms clothes at age 7 or 8. That's when I put on my first pair of tan pantyhose and have been hooked ever since :)

noeleena
04-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi.

Not quite for dressing of cause, yet.....

what was known in my language, the local supply dept comonly known as the DUMP....oh yes we made a few bob from there our 3 kids and i would be there quite often getting steel brass and any goode's that were ... well you know left hanging around....so rags were handy so we stuff them in a bag or 3 .

Well surprise surprise quess what dress's skirts tops and lots more, hmmm..... rag's, well these were expensive looking rags till i got to them all one size too small, though oh well back in the sack , yes i used a few, and keeped 5 sets ,

years later .

I thought wonder hmmm..... okay fitting time ... what. they fit.....yes well a few times for a giggle and that was that.

i knew one day id wear more than those, about 15 years later. as i said i was not a dresser. and it never bothered me if i wore female clothes or not, A Kilt yes just we did not have our Clan's colours i know what it is now of cause, so maybe one day ill get my Kilt fit for a woman.

Oh our kids , they helped me find more clothes ..... you know for...... ya the sack.

...noeleena...

Lacey New
04-19-2014, 07:17 AM
What started it? Curiosity. I grew up in the age of the miniskirt when dropping a pencil could be rewarded with a glorious show of nylon and maybe a little lace. Tnen having a mother and a sister just a year younger who threw their under things into a common hamper even heightened the curiousity. Then one day, I put on a pair of beautiful sheer nylon brief panties - I think the brand was Pam. After that, all things nylon and lace were fair game. Antron III is fantastic.

susan2010
04-19-2014, 12:22 PM
My sister's glorious petticoat first. Later mom's slips and pettipants.

RayanneA
04-19-2014, 12:25 PM
When I was in my late teens I came across a bag of old lingerie (girdles, bras, panties) in my great aunts house after she had moved out and tried some on out of curiousity. It felt good but didn't really fit. A few years later I started buying my own stuff--usually at discount stores.

bridget thronton
04-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Mom's clothes when I was 13

Femdenise
04-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Mom's when I was young--felt so guilty it spoiled the pleasure. As a young adult pantyhose --many times--from small stores and outlets. THEN when I decided to go head to toe, I purchased the big blonde showgirl wig using the phone and ordering from mass mailed catalog. I could not have been more nervous if I was robbing a bank. The operator almost laughed and told me, "I sell wigs to men all the time". That really, really helped. It was so exciting ordering my first items of lingerie and clothing. Some of the sales associates were more professional than others. The worst was some young male "smart A . . ".

sperow2003
04-19-2014, 01:35 PM
My earliest experiences of where I got things from were when I discovered I loved the feel of silk and satin. this was in the mid sixties when such materials were of really good quality. The 2 things which stand out are a pair of really feminine pink silk satin pyjamas of my sisters and my mother's silk headscarves (every woman had a collection of these and would often be seen wearing them). Later on I used a fantastic frilly silky apron of my mother's purely for its superb feel. I also remember playing with a girl neighbour who was about my age at her house. Her favourite game was playing hairdresser with me always having to be her client. Although she never actually cut my hair I had to "suffer" lol the indignity of having to sit in a chair with 2 of her mother' silkiest headscarves round me used as hairdressing capes. The feelings were wonderful, never to be forgotten. After she had taken out my curlers she would put one of her mother's prettiest waist aprons round me tied in a neat bow under my chin. My mother was an accomplished dressmaker who would often make dresses and blouses for many of the family. I can remember her using tricel and rayon often and that these materials gave me so much pleasure when I played with the offcuts and leftover material. This has formed much of my preferences for adult life such as anything silky and feminine as well as a passion for ladies hairdressing salons. Sorry for going off subject a bit and for length of post but couldn't resist the detail. Hope it was of interest to some.

suchacutie
04-19-2014, 01:50 PM
My wife said, "lets see if it fits"! That one "it" is all of hers I wore in those early days. The rest was purchased for Tina. Since then we have exchanged an item or two. :)

Seana Summer
04-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I was very very young when I started trying on my sisters pantyhose. I still remember how they felt on my then much smaller leggs.

I also had access to some of Moms things when I got a bit older, things that were stored away that she didn't wear anymore. Things like vintage nylon stockings and OBG's. Soon I had grown too large to fit into those things and I took a couple of decades off from crossdressing.

Sources of information back then, as to how to wear these items, was the Sears and Roebuck, and JCPenny Catalog!

dana digs sweaters
04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
I was dressed by older sisters but have no memory of it before age 5, even tho there are pics of me.
First item was at age 5 when I took a younger sisters sweater to try on.
At 12 I bought my own bra & panty at Penny's after a sister's "suggestion".

Robyn2006
04-19-2014, 04:23 PM
My mother's swimsuit and lipstick. One look in the mirror and I knew things were going to be different for me… :kiss:

For the full story, go HERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?187692-When-did-you-first-crossdress&p=3071257&viewfull=1#post3071257).

Tami Monroe
04-19-2014, 07:13 PM
It all started with my mom's pantyhose when I was about 10....the rest is history.

MissJoanne
04-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Mum. She was not far short of my height, so her outfits fitted well. It probably also explains why I'm a girdle wearer to this day, just like she was.

grace7777
04-19-2014, 09:21 PM
When I first started I went out to the stores and bought the clothes on my own.

Robin777
04-19-2014, 10:14 PM
For me it started with a pair of my mother's panties. A lacy pair. Then it went on from there.

AKKaren
04-20-2014, 12:01 AM
:oMy first tries were at my sister's expense...though I did try my Mom's Nylons...being 5 or meant I could pull them clear over my head!!:D

Leanna Jean
04-20-2014, 12:06 PM
It was Mom's clothes, shoes, custome jewelry and makeup.

Helen_Highwater
04-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Early on it was my Mom's girdles and slips. Later it changed to "borrowing" dresses from my girl friend, later my so. As time passed I "liberated" items destined for the charity shop to start building up my stash.
I now buy my own, most of the stuff originally destined for the charity shop has now finally made it there.

Taylor Ray
04-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Mom's stuff (I don't have any sisters)

BLACK STOCKINGS
04-21-2014, 05:53 AM
My first was Mom's stuff. But for me it was the late 50's. Playtex rubber griddles and gartered stockings...was heaven real silk stockings or non stretch nylon stockings some of them had back seams. It was heaven!

Kate's at home
04-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Mom's and grandma's long nightgowns got me started. Curious to see how they looked and felt. Ages 4-6. They were huge and hung on me, but the silky feel of the tricot felt wonderful...very girlie...this feeling has never left me. In the summer I would stay for periods at grandma's, and sometimes she would be at work and I'd have her full wardrobe to myself all day. Drawers full of lingerie and closets full of dresses and shoes. Must have been 8-10 by then, and most everything fit perfectly (she was small in size/stature). Looking back, I wonder if she knew or suspected, but never gave any clue if she did.

Bliss...

Kate

natcrys
04-21-2014, 07:03 AM
The first time that I wore something feminine? That would be the shoes of my mom when I was 4 or something.

The first time that I actually fully cross-dressed... make-up, dress, heels.. the whole nine yards? When I was 19.. bought second-hand stuff with my own money. :)

Audrey34
04-21-2014, 07:10 AM
I had six sisters. Five of them older than me. We had a big box of their old clothes stored away in the attic. The clothing in that box was the basis of my first wardrobe. I spent many hours in that attic playing dress up when I was in my teens.
-Audrey

Bridget68
04-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Mine was from a neighbor gal that lived in the duplex next to me and we had a shared laundry, she had accidentally left a pair of her nice pink panties in the dryer. Still to this day I love the fit and feel of a nice fitting pair of panties. Some things will never change. Other items of dress have been from mail order sources, still a bit too shy to go and shop for clothes.

StacyLynn
04-22-2014, 08:39 AM
The first items I tried on were my mom's when I was 11 or 12. I don't remember a lot from that age but I definitely remember my first time crossdressing and I had actually gotten the idea from a daytime talk show. I don't remember which one but the topic was crossdressing and they had some scenes of a couple of guys who were getting dressed up then came out looking super glamorous and beautiful. I remember feeling surprised that boys could look so cute dressed as girls. Suddenly I wanted to try it. The next morning while in the bathroom I dug through the hamper and tried on one of my mom's bras and instantly liked it. When I was about 14 I grew out of my mom's clothes and didn't dress for a couple years. Then when I was 16 or 17 I went to the local wal-mart and bought some of my own (very nerve wrecking at the time). Funny story about that night! After spending nearly an hour pacing back and forth across the lingerie section trying to pick out a bra and panties with my eyes without appearing to be "shopping" for them (sneaky, I know :P) I finally spotted some and hustled through and grabbed them. Then the nerves struck again and I wound up standing in the men's section which was right across from the registers, I pretended to look at shirts so the items I had chosen were hidden, when suddenly I heard my name. A friend of mine was there, he just finished paying and came over to talk to me. I was freaking out, standing there talking to a friend while hiding a bra. After a minute or so he left and I quickly payed for my things and bolted out of there. What's funny was a week later I went to hang out with that friend and he mentioned that night and asked if I was high. To move past the subject I told him I was and we laughed and moved on. But still to this day, every once in a while when we hang out he'll be like "hey, remember that time I saw you at Wal-Mart and you were stoned out of your mind?!" But these days I buy all my own from the internet.

CONSUELO
04-22-2014, 09:12 AM
It was my sisters' clothes, mostly slips and knickers, and my aunt's clothes, which were mostly lovely long nightgowns and corsets.
By the way, I notice that this type of thread asking about how and why you started cross dressing, is a hardy perennial. It comes around quite often in slightly different guises. I believe the reason for this may be that those early experiences were so intense and in their way, so life-changing, that one cannot help but reflect on them and talk about them. They certainly were for me. From the age of about 5 to early teens, my sexual exploration through dressing up in feminine clothes was so exciting and compelling that the memories I have are still very clear. It is as if I can feel the rush of excitement as I slipped on something new.
What do others think?

Meg East
04-22-2014, 10:32 AM
I started with my mom's slips, panties and girdles. At the time I was only about seven or eight. After the slips I graduated to wearing her dresses and heels. In those days, women wore hats. She had a closet shelf filled with hat boxes which kept me busy. I kinda miss the hats.

sexycindy
04-22-2014, 10:50 AM
I used to be taken shopping with my aunt whom loves clothes and shoes and all things girly, and I developed an interest. I slept round a friends when I was younger and when I went for a shower his sisters tights, panties and bra were in the wash, so I tried them on and found a dress. Liked it for the few seconds I was dressed. Then went on to wear some of mums stuff, but they never fit properly. Then when I was older and would be round my aunts and be on my own, I would go through her wardrobe. Then I stopped for a while. Then when I started getting interested again, my gf just dragged me shopping and made me buy an outfit. It came from a mix of Charity shops and Primark.

Today my wardrobe is basically Charity Shop finds, Primark clothes, Ann Summers Bras and New Look shoes x

ArleneRaquel
04-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I started with my moms lingerie and heels, I also wore her spare pair of cat's eye frames from time to time. Her perscription was stronger than mine, so I didn't wear them far long stretches of time. Now I have a great many pairs of cat's eye frames, progressive & perscription sunglasses, mostly overseized.

Joanne108
04-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Hmm I first started by wearing one of my mothers bras that was in the laundry. I didn't really do it again for a while. I was cleaning up the attic for my room and I found a box of dresses, skirts, tops, shoes, stockings etc... I guess the previous owner had left them there. It was my private stash for a long time. The clothes were out of date but I didn't care. But this find did usher in full blown crossdressing for me.

Underdressed
04-22-2014, 04:08 PM
My first CD memory was aged about 5 trying on a plastic christmas stocking, then from about 11 wearing mums heels until I out grew them and later her nylons.
By the age of about 13 everything was tightly closed away inside my head as I followed the expected normal ??? alpha male route through the military.
My first real source was when I got together with my wife and escaped from the communal accommodation. She was aware of my desire for silky underwear and heels early on and helped me buy my own, bearing in mind that this was back in the 70s before internet shopping made it all so easy.

Krististeph
04-22-2014, 04:20 PM
older sister- she was/is petite- and had good taste and a fun sense for clothes. Thanks Sis!

wanda66
04-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I guess mom's things as alot of us was my start. I have allways had a yen so the softer side of things. I finally one day got the courage to purchase my oun things . As I sit here and think of that time,... it makes me smile. I enjoyed dressing then and now after 50 yrs...

Catfishthepirate
04-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Started with some of my mothers things. Then went to targets and walmarts to buy my own things.

MichelleCTTV
04-22-2014, 10:34 PM
For me it was Mom's stuff as it was all that was available. I was probably in 6th grade i guess and i read an Ann Landers article from a Mother expressing a concern about catching her young son in her lingerie masturbating... Well, I didnt even know what that meant, but for some reason it sounded erotic and fun to me so i tried it and loved the silky feeling on my skin and i quickly learned that if i rubbed certain places, wonderful feelings happened. A closet TV was born... I did get caught by Mom a cpl times and had to talk to Dad about it, but thats a story for another day...

Michelle