PDA

View Full Version : A Fun Friday in Atlanta

Phoebe Reece
01-13-2006, 12:35 AM
January 6, 2006
Today the weather was typical for January – cold, windy, and overcast. It looked like a good day for a skirt suit with a long sleeve top. The grey skirt suit I chose to wear was quite comfortable – indoors. The distances I planned to be outdoors were expected to be short enough for that not to matter.

I set out from home as Phoebe sometime around 12:30 PM. My first stop was at the Post Office to check our local Tri-Ess chapter's PO Box. The Post Office was reasonably busy, but I didn’t need to interact with anyone. I got the little bit of mail there and was quickly on my way.

As I began heading towards the bank to get some cash from the ATM, I looked at my fuel gauge and realized I badly needed to fill up for the weekend. This meant going in a different direction from planned, so I could take advantage of the Kroger discounted price on gas at their station. Along the way, I stopped briefly at the drive-thru ATM of my bank and got some cash. At the gas station, I discovered how cold the wind really was for someone wearing a skirt while putting over 30 gallons in the tank of my Yukon XL.

After gassing up (and warming up), I headed to Perimeter Mall for some shopping and a late lunch.

I strolled into Macy’s with a wedding registry list in hand to try and find something suitable for a bridal shower our Tri-Ess chapter was having on Saturday for the daughter of one of our members. In the housewares section, I found something from the list and got in line at the register. I exchanged a few smiles and pleasantries with other women in line while waiting my turn. I soon found out that to get the gift properly recorded against the bridal registry, I would have to go to the wedding registry area and get some printout with a reference number. I left my item with the clerk, found the self-service computer that prints the registry (after asking some other clerk where it was), and returned and completed the purchase. Next, I took the item down to the Gift Wrap area at Macy’s and arranged for a nicely packaged gift to be prepared. Finally, I could get some lunch while that was being done.

I walked down to the food court in the mall and decided on a slice of pizza. I then found a table out in the middle and tried not to woof down my pizza too quickly (or unladylike – I was hungry). It was nice to just sit and watch everyone else for awhile.

After eating, I checked my watch and saw I had time to do a bit of checking out the fashions in the stores. I walked down to Dillard’s and began looking around in the women’s department. A sales clerk came over and asked if I needed any assistance, just as I found a skirt on the 75% off rack that caught my attention. I asked if it would be OK to try it on and she said, “Sure, go in any of the changing cubicles.” I tried it on, it fit, I loved it, and of course had to look for a top to go with it. I quickly found a top (also 75% off) that looked like it would work, so I again told my sales clerk I would be trying it on. I tried on the top and the skirt again, they fit fine, and looked good together - so it was then off to the register to complete the sale. The clerk even complimented me on the selections while ringing me up.

By now it was getting late in the afternoon, so I headed back to Macy’s to pick up the gift package. After collecting my nicely wrapped package, I headed for the parking lot and reflected to myself about how nicely I had been treated by everyone I had encountered in Macy’s, the mall, and Dillard’s. If anyone had read me (and I’m sure some must have), no one showed it.

On the way to the hotel our Tri-Ess chapter was meeting at, I decided to stop at a nearby Target store and try and find a belt that would go with the skirt suit I was wearing. At Target I managed to find a nice silver one that fit. I exchanged some pleasantries with the register clerk as I paid for my purchase and was on my way again.

When I got to the hotel suite a bit after 4:00, I found the place empty, except for the wife of one of our members. Most of those that were staying there were in their rooms getting dressed for the evening. Gradually people drifted in and eventually we had nine crossdressers and four wives in the suite before we headed out for supper.

It was decided to go to the Tavern at Phipps for supper as they have a varied menu, reasonable prices, and is located nearby. Around 7:30, one of the other girls and I transported our group to the restaurant in our respective Yukons. When we got inside the door at the Tavern we found a very crowded place. Amazingly, the staff managed to put together tables to seat our group of 13 with less than a ten-minute wait.

When our tables were ready and I started to walk towards where we were being seated, a lady seated nearby got up and came over to me smiling and said, “I know you!” I was taken a bit by surprise, as I didn’t recognize her. I thought at first she might be a college student that had been in one of our presentations on crossdressing. But, when she introduced herself as “Twinkle”, it all clicked into place. She looked very different without her platinum wig and skimpy showgirl outfit she had been wearing while performing at the “Twinkledome” night at Club Six back in mid-December (see Deidra Cowen's thread about Twinkledome). We talked a bit and exchanged e-mail addresses so my Tri-Ess friends and I could get info on future “Twinkledome” nights. She explained that she really likes to have crossdressers attend.

After I left Twinkle, and explained what that was all about to my friends, I managed to order a drink and supper. The food and drink were excellent (I had a roast chicken sandwich) and our waiters and waitresses were very attentive. And there was no hassle at all about separate checks when it was time to leave. It was easy to see why they were so crowded (the bar section was standing room only as we left). Overall, it was an outstanding dining experience.

Although a few headed off to their rooms shortly after we arrived back at the meeting suite, most hung around and chatted until around 11:00. I was pretty beat by that time, so as the group broke up, I decided to call it a day and headed home.

Here's a couple of photos from the day.
The first one is in the meeting suite, which shows the skirt suit I wore all day.
The second one is having dinner at the Tavern.

Sharon
01-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Very cool, Phoebe, it sounds like a wonderful, and full, day.

And you look fantastic! :)

Holly
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi Phoebe... my what a busy young lady you were that day. How much fun it is running around, doing our girly errands and shopping. Love that grey suit!

Marla GG
01-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Whew Phoebe,

What a lot of energy you have girl.....more than I do.....I got tired just reading that!

It is always very encouraging to hear about days like yours. You interacted with so many people (salesclerks, fellow shoppers, restaurant staff) and all treated you with warmth and courtesy. It doesn't get any better than that!

Of course I am sure it helped that you were dressed in such a classy outfit. You look wonderful in that suit.

Thanks so much for posting; your successes will no doubt give others a confidence boost. :thumbsup:

Laurie Ann
01-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Phoebe what a wonderful narration I'm glad you had a great day. The suit looks beautiful on you.

Tracy Lynn
01-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Wow Phoebe,

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day out. Must have been great,

Your pictures are very nice also.

MsEva
01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Wow, sounds like a great time was had by one and all..I would love to have had the opportunity to attend one of the events..but being partly poultry..not referring to the roast chicken sandwich..perhaps in another life.:o

Deidra Cowen
01-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a really great day you had there Phoebe! :thumbsup:

Phoebe Reece
01-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Thanks to Sharon, Holly, Marla, Laurie, Tracie, Eva, and Deidra for all the very nice comments you made. It certainly was a fun (and somewhat exhausting) day. I really enjoy my little outings alone to do shopping and other "normal" things just as much as the group activities I am a part of. It's interesting to meet new people and talk with them in such everyday settings.
If this 55 year old, 6 foot tall (without heels), size 20 dress, crossdresser can get around and do these kinds of things, I'm sure a lot more of the girls on this forum could do the same. It just takes a little bit of common sense about where to go and what to wear combined with a confident attitude. I hope more of you will find the same kind of good experiences I have had while out enfemme.