PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pretty

grace7777
04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
I completed a round trip flying pretty. On Wednesday the 16th I flew from Phoenix to Chicago, and then on Sunday the 20th I flew back to Phoenix.

On the trip there I went thru the id check with no problems then came the body scanner and within a minute of exiting the scanner an agent told me I could go. I got to the boarding gate and boarded the plane with no problems. Ended up sitting on the aisle next to 2 guys who never paid me any attention. After landing in Chicago got off the plane with no problems. When dealing with TSA or the airlines I showed them my male ID if asked for it. I took the subway and a bus to my hotel. Checking into the hotel I show the clerk my male ID and had no problems. I filled out the necessary paperwork and was given the key to my room. I wore a dress that went a few inches below the knee with wedge shoes.

While on the trip I was always dressed en femme in either a skirt or a dress. I brought absolutely no male clothing, and did not even pack any female slacks.

Coming back there were no major problems. After exiting the body scanner a female agent did a pat down on a side of my wig and on my shoulder. no problem and took maybe half a minute. On the plane back I had a row of 3 seats to myself, so my conversation on the plane was basically with the flight attendants. I wore a long skirt and top with a sweater over it coming back. Wore shoes with about a 3/4inch heel.

Also I would like to thank TxKimberly for responding to my pm and offering encouragement.

Persephone
04-21-2014, 03:15 AM
Congratulations, Grace!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Marcelle
04-21-2014, 05:55 AM
Hi Grace,

CONGRATS . . . flying pretty is one thing I want to do in the future.

Hugs

Isha

Me_Being_Me
04-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Congrats! I'm going to finally knock this one off of my bucket list in August and I can't wait.

Farrah
04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

Beverley Sims
04-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Grace,
A great confidence boost for you. :)

kimdl93
04-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Great! Glad your first trip without a net, so to speak, went without a hitch!

Catfishthepirate
04-21-2014, 07:43 PM
I wish I had the courage to do something like that.

Congratulations.

AnnaBMarie
04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
So, just curious how TSA handles the liquid in certain types of breast forms.

sherri
04-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Check their regs. Breastforms are specifically allowed.

CynthiaD
04-21-2014, 09:04 PM
I've never flown pretty, but it's on the list.

JenniferYager
04-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Congrats! I would love to fly pretty, but given my recent luck I'd get stuck somewhere for hours and burn through makeup trying to cover up my 5'oclock shadow.

Michelle (Oz)
04-22-2014, 06:27 AM
Terrific 'high' Grace - another femme in the mile high club :)

Rhonda Darling
04-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Grace, congratulations! TxKimberly was also my mentor on how to fly pretty. Her guidelines/how-to, together with her highly detailed blog of her MANY journeys en femme, equipped me with all the knowledge of what to expect and with how to calmly deal with the unexpected. I, too, PM'd her and received calming encouragement.

For those of you who haven't done it, the greatest impediment is in your head. You have nothing to fear but fear itself. Etc.

Again, Grace, glad you had a wonderful experience. Very brave to travel without ANY guy clothes.

Best, Rhonda.

grace7777
04-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Flying pretty did increase my confidence level.

Rhonda, you are exactly right, the greatest impediment is in our head. I know it was that way for me in the week before the trip when I was wavering on flying pretty.

Ladies, if you are want to do it, just do it. After you have done it you will feel great.

Traci Simmmons
04-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Just two questions? Do you have any pictures? And did they make you remove any padding during the pat down? Traci

RADER
04-22-2014, 05:42 PM
I am glad you had a great time; I envy you, I wish I
could go for an outing like that.
Rader

Stacy Cruz
04-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Very carefully any problems ask for private screening quickly. Most are professional but don't risk it, trust me.

grace7777
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Traci, I do not have any pictures, at the time I did not think of it, but now that you ask the question, I wish I did have a picture. On the trip to Chicago there was no patdown. Actually I was kind of expecting a patdown since i had on breast forms and padded panties. On the return trip there was a patdown, but only involved the shoulder.and the side of my wig, but never had to remove anything.

Claire Cook
04-25-2014, 05:21 AM
Grace,

I will add to what you and Rhonda have said. Yesterday I flew pretty (well,I thought I was, anyway) from Washington National to Melbourne FL -- first time I'd done so in a while. No problems at all -- other than the line at the ladies' room at the ATL airport (there are things about being a woman we may not have appreciated...) The Skycap did give me a second look when he saw my passport photo :heehee:. TSA was a non-issue -- I got a TSA pre-check (I think this is a perk of being more elderly, and maybe my miles on Delta...) and didn't have to go through a body scan. When I have done so in the past, forms are fine. I have been patted down in the past (always by a female agent), I think because of my panty padding. But then again, I've been patted down in guy mode (umm.. no padding).

The great thing was that everybody treated me so nicely -- and I wanted to do the same from them in return.