PDA

View Full Version : What your kids call you

GabbiSophia
04-21-2014, 07:47 AM
I know there was a post at one time floating around about this subject but i can not find it. As I progress along i am curious as to what to have my kids call me that doesn't get me clocked in public or raise any more suspension of my past life. I will always be dad but there has to a nickname for them to Call me. I will never have my children call me by my first name though. Anyone with any exp?

stefan37
04-21-2014, 07:51 AM
My kids have free reign to call me dad at anytime. If that isn't appropriate for then have a discussion with your children and decide on a name all would be comfortable using.

Jorja
04-21-2014, 08:11 AM
I have always allowed my kids to call me whatever they like. Usually it's Jorja or Bitach minus the a, which ever comes out first.

Kids, you can't live with them and often wonder what you were thinking when you had them!

My little darlings are in their thirty's now so don't get after me for being mean to them. I am just getting back at them for thirty years of torment. :)

Inna
04-21-2014, 08:54 AM
out of their own initiative I am MOM, but then when I came out the verdict was reached that I always was a mom........however, I know how lucky I am :daydreaming:

Angela Campbell
04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
They don't. Will not talk to me

arbon
04-21-2014, 09:59 AM
My daughter usually refers to me as Poppy.

PaulaAnn
04-21-2014, 10:09 AM
My sweet daughter and her kiddies call me "Dadette".I'm Auntie Paula to my niece and family.
PaulaAnn on this forum as "Paula" is in use.
Angela;I'm very sorry to hear that your kids refuse to talk to you;they are missing out on so much.
PaulaAnn.

Michelle.M
04-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Actually, that was the very first question my son asked me! My response was "What would you like to call me?" When speaking to others he refers to me as his Dad, even when he refers to me as "her".

Yeah, kinda throws his friends for a loop.

But I will always be Dad; can't change that. [I'm envious of Inna ,who gets to be "Mom"]. The youngest grandkid calls me "Grammy".

I will never have my children call me by my first name though.

When speaking to me he calls me Michelle, in the same way that stepmoms are often referred to by their first names. It's not any sign of disrespect, it just is what it is. And any name offered with love and respect is just fine by me!

Nigella
04-21-2014, 11:59 AM
I will always be dad to our daughter and proud of that fact :)

Kathryn Martin
04-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Mi kids call me Papa and my grandkids call me grandma.....

Laurie Ann
04-21-2014, 01:34 PM
My oldest granddaughter calls me grampma

PaulaQ
04-21-2014, 01:50 PM
My kids call me "mom."

gonegirl
04-21-2014, 04:01 PM
After 8 months of trying out different names my kids settled on calling me Mum. It feels right for all of us. :^)

Aprilrain
04-21-2014, 05:13 PM
They call me April, works for me!

mechamoose
04-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Daddy!

- MM

GabbiSophia
04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
My kids are 2 and 1 so I have a chance to raise them calling me something that I want. My wife is their mom and no matter where our relationship goes i will never take or try to take that away from her. That is my own opinion and yall that have a name that your happy with cibgrads. I will always be dad but since my kids are so young i can find something more fiting. I am not sure yet though what that will be.

Diane Lynn
04-22-2014, 02:28 AM
My kids don't talk to me at all. My ex wife told them everything. About 5 years ago, my oldest son called and asked to spend the night. I said sure, and he said nope, fooled you, called me a nasty name, and hung up.

PretzelGirl
04-22-2014, 08:24 PM
I feel for those who don't have your kids talking to you. I hope time corrects that.

I have told two out of three kids at this point. When they brought it up, I said to call me whatever you want as long as it is socially acceptable.