PDA

View Full Version : ok, this is kind of funny

samantha rogers
04-22-2014, 07:38 PM
So my daughter is a Senior, and is getting ready for Prom. We are in the dress department of Nordstroms. (Ha, pink fog like you cannot believe)
Now my wife knows about me but my daughter does not.
And I am kind of only half paying attention because I am so distracted...tee hee.
But I suddenly realize they are having real trouble finding something she likes in her size.
Hmmm, Sammie to the rescue! A quick stroll through the department and back with three dresses Sammie would love were they not in a size 0.
Hand off to the wife for transport into the area of the near break down occuring in the dressing room.
Hushed, conferring voices...a russle or two of fabric, a little more whispering....then a stream of ooohs and ahhhs.
Upshot....on our way home now with two prom dresses.
Sigh...both size 0.
But you know what?
She looks spectacular...tee hee.

BLUE ORCHID
04-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Samantha, It sounds like the Pink Fog saved the day.

Roberta Lynn
04-22-2014, 07:44 PM
So did she know Dad picked them out?

samantha rogers
04-22-2014, 07:59 PM
IDK, to be honest...but Mom knew. Either way it all worked out well.

GretchenJ
04-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Nice work Sami! I can hear you in the background talking to yourself - must not .. look.. at... clothes.. Must ..stay focused.
Glad to see another potential crisis resolved. Ain't kids great !

Gretch

samantha rogers
04-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Lol...that was exactly the inner monologue I was having, Gretchen. How did you know?:heehee:

UNDERDRESSER
04-22-2014, 08:41 PM
- must not .. look.. at... clothes.. Must ..stay focused.
GretchHave given up on that, even at work! Will often take stuff off the rack to look at details. Haven't tried holding them up against me, or taking them to the fitting room......................yet. (at least not openly)

Stacy Cruz
04-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Nice, I love going shopping with GG but the ones that I call friends don't know I dress and have lousy taste. They don't even like buying lingerie aahh lol.

kimdl93
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Very cool. Ummmm, so is your daughter remotely curious why dad was able to pick two winners out of three dresses?

On a parallel track, a couple years ago, my wife (who knows) asked me to accompany her to DSW in search of some pumps to go with a dress she was wearing to a friends wedding. Guess who found the perfect pair? Yup, and the following day, she told several friends that Kim picked them out.

chelyann
04-22-2014, 09:45 PM
way to go some of us have great taste

sanderlay
04-22-2014, 09:46 PM
A precious memory for Samantha's invisible private scrapbook, and of course... your daughters. And of course... or perhaps... something for you and your wife to smile about? If your daughter does not know I would personally keep quiet for now. But some day perhaps... many years from now... she may just be thanking you when you least expect it. :)

Adriana Moretti
04-22-2014, 10:29 PM
that is a great story...thats one of the good things about what we do...we have a good sence to style!!!!

Leslie Langford
04-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Samantha, I guess we can add your intervention here as Item No. 51 on the list of "50 Advantages of Having a Crossdressing Husband" ;)

The others are commonly defined as follows:

1. You can have your own private slumber parties.
2. He always envies you because he would rather be wearing what you're wearing.
3. You can have a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend who doesn't mind waiting while you take your time shopping.
4. You can double your wardrobe if he's the same size as you!
5. You never have to worry about cheating on you with another woman. He IS the other woman!!
6. You always have a girlfriend to go shopping and have lunch with!!
7. He'll NEVER object to being a clothes dummy and wearing a dress while you hem it.
8. While shopping, you can test a new shade of nail polish on him and he doesn't complain or ask to see a matching lipstick.
9. He'll rarely have scratchy five o'clock shadow.
10. He'll never ask you to have a threesome with another woman as long as he can wear the lingerie.
11. He will be sympathetic about your excess body hair.
12. He won't tear your lingerie when removing it from you.
13. If you need a slip for that new dress you bought, he happens to have the perfect one, and lets you borrow it.
14. You can switch off wearing high heels on a long shopping spree.
15. A man in a dress makes a good cook.
16. He loves to smell perfume and will give you an honest opinion.
17. You can test a new shade of lipstick on him.
18. If you purchase something for the home, it will never be too feminine.
19. At least the toilet seat will be down.
20. He is a lot easier to buy gifts for.
21. He knows just the right way to make love, takes his time and knows just what makes you tick!
22. He will understand much better that the best thing a girl can have when she feels down is new clothes.
23. If he buys you clothes, you know he sizes them right.
24. You can take him to the hair salon with you and he will sit quietly while you both get your hair done, and he will never complain. In fact, he'll thank you.
25. He understands why you don't care for spending 8 hours a day in pantyhose and high heels.
26. Never complains about leaving the delicate underwear out to dry.
27. You have a girlfriend that doesn't get PMS.
28. He will not only shop with you but will pay the bill as well!
29. He knows how to handle the delicates when he does the laundry.
30. Satin and velvet are more snuggly than denim and wool.
31. He understands the need for quality cosmetics.
32. You have more excuses to go shopping, and he will even carry the bags.
33. You can borrow his jewelry, clothes and makeup.
34. He understands why you go through so many pairs of stockings.
35. He no longer expects you to get ready for a night on the town in 15 minutes or less.
36. You can take the Cosmo quizzes together.
37. You can ask him how an outfit looks and get an intelligent response.
38. His new friends don't spend all day watching football.
39. He knows to walk slow when you're wearing heels.
40. If he says, "Hon, you look nice." you know he really means it.
41. He can spot makeup smudges better than any other guy.
42. He's like having a live in cosmetologist.
43. He loves to go shopping with you and watch you try on clothes.
44. He knows how to treat a lady with care and respect.
45. He's a friend that will stick around, and won't flake out on you or stab you in the back.
46. He loves to dress up and have long chats sessions.
47. You can have a threesome without adding another partner.
48. If you've been bi-curious you can experiment a little.
49. You know one of you will have a tissue with you when you need it.
50. Dress him up in a French Maid's Uniform and you have a house cleaner for the day.

I can already visualize heads wistfully nodding in agreement as others read this list...:eek: :heehee: :daydreaming: :D

MichelleCTTV
04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
That is a great story... My on again off again girlfriend has more dresses in her closet than she could wear in 2 years and i picked out and purchased everyone of them. Its a substitute for buying my own I guess. She (and others) have told me many times that i have exceptional (& expensive) taste.

Michelle

Diane Smith
04-22-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm curious though ... one prom, two dresses? Most of the girls I know (and I do teach in a high school) feel lucky to be able to afford one.

- Diane

Chickhe
04-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Here's one I think looks great....it covers you from nose to toes and has an electric charge built in in case your date decides to get within 5 feet of you....

Lady Slipper
04-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Cross dressing super powers activate!!! Here you come to save the day!

Beverley Sims
04-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Yes that sort of thing does become somewhat of a distraction.
I think I would go to Ross and try on some clothes for myself.

Relax instead of being stressed out. :)

TinaZ
04-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Great story!

Reminds me of a time I had to come to my wife's rescue. She needed a camisole for under a jacket, but hers was in the wash. Like a cross-dressing super hero, I dashed to my fun trunk and offered her a choice between black or white. The practicality of our passion is rare, but it does exist!

samantha rogers
04-23-2014, 03:32 AM
"Im curious though ... one prom, two dresses? Most of the girls I know (and I do teach in a high school) feel lucky to be able to afford one."

Trust me, Diane, one will be going back. My wife has taught her (and me) the value of taking advantage of store return policies. Sometimes the final choices are best made at home. :-)

PaulaQ
04-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Samantha - when you have some spare cash, you should really go back and buy yourself a dress from that store - a nice evening gown. You'll enjoy it.

Marcelle
04-23-2014, 03:45 AM
Hi Sammie,

What a great dad to have in a pinch and what a wonderful experience to share (albeit from the sidelines) with your daughter. So did Sammie see anything she liked?

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
04-23-2014, 04:15 AM
Lovely experience Sammie.. :cheer:

What else are CDing dads for... actually, best not to ask either of my sons that... can't see they'd see the benefit in the same way.. :eek:

Nice for you, your wife and daughter though... :cool:

Katey x

samantha rogers
04-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks, Katey! No, sons are a whole different experience, aren't they?:brolleyes:
Isha and Paula...OMG...Yes, of course, I saw things I wanted... Sigh...so very many...lol...Ironically, one of the three I sent in for her to try on was a long stunning dark blue rayon number with the most beautiful lines and drape you can possibly imagine. The kind of amazingly elegant piece you could wear to a red carpet premier or a White House ball...with hair up, frightfully high expensive heels and obscenely expensive bling. Oh, it was stunning. My daughter looked absolutely breathtaking in it (a little prejudice here, admittedly...hee hee). Guess which one she turned her nose up at? Sigh...youth is wasted on the young...lol
That one was a size 0, of course....I wonder if they have one in an 8?:daydreaming::heehee:

Annaliese
04-23-2014, 08:34 AM
You got me to smile, love the story.

SandraV
04-23-2014, 08:49 AM
You totally should pick one up for yourself. Consider it your reward for saving the day :)

I love this story. For as much as our wives often dislike this side of us, it does come in handy every now and then. This past weekend my wife was having a rough time deciding what to wear for easter. Funny thing was, she actually called me up to the closet and asked if I had any ideas. Less than a minute later, she was good to go :battingeyelashes:

DonnaT
04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Trust me, Diane, one will be going back. My wife has taught her (and me) the value of taking advantage of store return policies. Sometimes the final choices are best made at home. :-)
Don't forget that one could be used for homecoming and the other for prom.

Tracii G
04-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Great story Sammie with an awesome outcome.

UNDERDRESSER
04-25-2014, 04:51 PM
My daughter looked absolutely breathtaking in it (a little prejudice here, admittedly...hee hee). Guess which one she turned her nose up at? Sigh...youth is wasted on the young...lol.I wonder if they have one in an 8?:daydreaming::heehee:Yup, sometimes it is wasted on the young.

What you should do, if it is available in your size, is buy it. Then buy, (or rent) the appropriate "bling" and book a glamour photo session. Save the pictures for when she is told about your dressing, then pull them out. "Remember this little number? See, I told you it was perfect!"

Jamiegirl1
04-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Samantha, I guess we can add your intervention here as Item No. 51 on the list of "50 Advantages of Having a Crossdressing Husband" ;)

The others are commonly defined as follows:

1. You can have your own private slumber parties.
2. He always envies you because he would rather be wearing what you're wearing.
3. You can have a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend who doesn't mind waiting while you take your time shopping.
4. You can double your wardrobe if he's the same size as you!
5. You never have to worry about cheating on you with another woman. He IS the other woman!!
6. You always have a girlfriend to go shopping and have lunch with!!
7. He'll NEVER object to being a clothes dummy and wearing a dress while you hem it.
8. While shopping, you can test a new shade of nail polish on him and he doesn't complain or ask to see a matching lipstick.
9. He'll rarely have scratchy five o'clock shadow.
10. He'll never ask you to have a threesome with another woman as long as he can wear the lingerie.
11. He will be sympathetic about your excess body hair.
12. He won't tear your lingerie when removing it from you.
13. If you need a slip for that new dress you bought, he happens to have the perfect one, and lets you borrow it.
14. You can switch off wearing high heels on a long shopping spree.
15. A man in a dress makes a good cook.
16. He loves to smell perfume and will give you an honest opinion.
17. You can test a new shade of lipstick on him.
18. If you purchase something for the home, it will never be too feminine.
19. At least the toilet seat will be down.
20. He is a lot easier to buy gifts for.
21. He knows just the right way to make love, takes his time and knows just what makes you tick!
22. He will understand much better that the best thing a girl can have when she feels down is new clothes.
23. If he buys you clothes, you know he sizes them right.
24. You can take him to the hair salon with you and he will sit quietly while you both get your hair done, and he will never complain. In fact, he'll thank you.
25. He understands why you don't care for spending 8 hours a day in pantyhose and high heels.
26. Never complains about leaving the delicate underwear out to dry.
27. You have a girlfriend that doesn't get PMS.
28. He will not only shop with you but will pay the bill as well!
29. He knows how to handle the delicates when he does the laundry.
30. Satin and velvet are more snuggly than denim and wool.
31. He understands the need for quality cosmetics.
32. You have more excuses to go shopping, and he will even carry the bags.
33. You can borrow his jewelry, clothes and makeup.
34. He understands why you go through so many pairs of stockings.
35. He no longer expects you to get ready for a night on the town in 15 minutes or less.
36. You can take the Cosmo quizzes together.
37. You can ask him how an outfit looks and get an intelligent response.
38. His new friends don't spend all day watching football.
39. He knows to walk slow when you're wearing heels.
40. If he says, "Hon, you look nice." you know he really means it.
41. He can spot makeup smudges better than any other guy.
42. He's like having a live in cosmetologist.
43. He loves to go shopping with you and watch you try on clothes.
44. He knows how to treat a lady with care and respect.
45. He's a friend that will stick around, and won't flake out on you or stab you in the back.
46. He loves to dress up and have long chats sessions.
47. You can have a threesome without adding another partner.
48. If you've been bi-curious you can experiment a little.
49. You know one of you will have a tissue with you when you need it.
50. Dress him up in a French Maid's Uniform and you have a house cleaner for the day.

I can already visualize heads wistfully nodding in agreement as others read this list...:eek: :heehee: :daydreaming: :D

I love this!!

Elkeliini
04-26-2014, 04:43 AM
why hidden???? my father who is not a crossdresser, took me out shopping once a year. he was the best shopping companion I could dream off. picked up outfits. waited patiently, would give an honest opinion AND pay for what i found :D than coffee and the next shop. I miss him. He passed away 1.5 years ago... so yes I know for fact he didnt CD cause he died suddenly and I had to clean out his wardrobe :D otherwise all your stories would start making me think....

so long story short: why wouldnt fathers be able to pick up clothes for their daughters????

S. Lisa Smith
04-26-2014, 06:55 AM
A great story, glad you had fun. Oh, by the way, I hate you! A size 8? Only in my dreams!!!

UNDERDRESSER
04-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I tried not notice that "size 8" thing........ I'm a size 14 in skirts, maybe a 12, depending. Dresses? I would have to ask for help from tent manufacturers. Fortunately I have little interest in dresses as such.

Teresa Monsivais
04-26-2014, 12:33 PM
How Fun Samantha, I believe I will be doing the same with my future step daughter and my girlfriend...both know of Teresa so I am looking forward to it. She actually asked me when I was taking her to get her prom dress. That alone was exciting ... Well it's good you helped, you have great taste.

Teresa

Farrah
04-26-2014, 02:56 PM
I know the feeling. Its hard to contain yourself in that situation. I'm glad you saved the day!! :)

samantha rogers
05-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Ok, now this is really awesome....the dress I really liked that my daughter turned her nose up at? The gorgeous, stunning, elegant, long dark blue perfect gown that I absolutely loved?
I found it by accident tonight on sale IN MY SIZE!!!!!
YES!!!!! On sale!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG
Sammie is sporting a gigantic smile tonight.:heehee: