PDA

View Full Version : Fried My Doctor!

Persephone
04-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Yesterday I posted Persephone Gets A Prostate Exam (click here) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?212913-Persephone-Gets-A-Prostate-Exam&highlight=prostate&p=3495420#post3495420) about my annual physical.

I had a "laundry list" of items for her, including a pain in my left foot and a urinary issue.

Well, I must have fried my doctor a bit more than I thought as here's exactly what I found when I went over her notes of my exam:

"We will do standing foot x-rays and have her see the podiatrist for his persistent foot pain."

"We will have him followup with urology for her urinary issue."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kate T
04-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Sort of funny.

I must admit from my point of view (I'm a vet) I'm atrocious with gendering my patients. Partly because most of the time it makes absolutely no difference to what I am going to do. So I sort of feel for your doc :) Hope it didn't hurt your feelings too much, I'm sure it was just the end of a long day.

kimdl93
04-23-2014, 06:30 AM
That's hilarious! Maybe she was having a bit of fun too?

Launa
04-23-2014, 06:48 AM
That's funny, maybe you did fry the doctor a bit! I have found in the past sometimes doctors are focused on their jobs and your health tend to forget to address the fine details like what happened to you. This could be a sign that you have a good, thorough doc!

CarlaWestin
04-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Interesting! Does she keep two sets of records and bill for both of you?

SherriePall
04-23-2014, 08:12 AM
Yea, I can see getting two bills. Your doctor might be better off just using h for her, him, his, etc. Does sound like you have a great doctor.

Beverley Sims
04-23-2014, 08:44 AM
How do you think Schizophrenics get on they receive two bills and so should you.

Teach you to mess with the doctor's brane...... Brain. :)

Persephone
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
So I sort of feel for your doc :) Hope it didn't hurt your feelings too much, I'm sure it was just the end of a long day.

Thanks Adina. I've had a long term relationship with my doctor and completely understand how difficult this is for her. She is the best.

Hugs,
Persephone.

ReineD
04-23-2014, 03:21 PM
I do the same thing when talking about my SO: I alternate the gender pronouns in the same sentence sometimes. I think this describes my SO well.

Other times I use strictly "he" or "she" depending on how I'm thinking of my SO. I hate using the established gender neutral pronouns (hir, ze, etc). I'm not used to them and find them awkward to use, and my SO does not identify gender neutral.

Lady Slipper
04-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Maybe your doctor was just covering all the bases... :heehee:

Claire Cook
04-23-2014, 05:17 PM
How cool -- a his and hers exam -- should be an interesting visit to the urologist!

MissTee
04-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I noted an even number of he/she and him/her. Me thinks she was simply acknowledging your duality :eek: