PDA

View Full Version : First Comment

Aly Cat
04-25-2014, 07:43 PM
So I have been wearing eye makeup to work every day for the past 4 months. I got my first comment from a customer about it today. Most people simply ignore it if even notice it. I dont wear flashy colors or anything like that. Just basic neutral colors. I have had a few slight grins/winks, but no comments. Today, I was talking with a woman about a cell phone. She was maybe mid 30s, African American with black and blue hair. After she had sat down with a rep to get set up with her phone, she called me over and asked me a super simple question and then whispered to me "I LOVE your makeup! It looks great!" Having been more emotional lately because of my HRT, I almost cried. It made me feel so wonderful!

Chari
04-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Always wonderful Eva to get a compliment, but sometimes those "hormones" can make us overly sensitive. Enjoy.

Katey888
04-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Nice one, Eva... :cool:

I am sure it was both subtle and appropriate and deserving of a compliment.. :)

And isn't it nice to know that there are lovely people out there who are prepared to make someone's day with a bit of supportive sharing... must make you want to hug them - it does me! :)

Katey x

Wildaboutheels
04-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Glad it made your day. I hope you weren't too stunned to thank her...

You know, I'm not sure why, but Black women are at least ten times as likely to give compliments as other women.

Alexis.j
04-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Nice.
I have noticed the same thing. But I think more people notice than you think... they either dont care or don't want to say anything.
Out of about 2 or so years of wearing eye makeup every day, I probably had 10 or so people comment on it. And I haven't had a negative comment yet.
I sometimes notice that people see it, and some get that confused look, but say nothing.

Some comments I did get: Wow, I wish I could apply my eyeliner like that.
It makes your eye stand out.

LelaK
04-26-2014, 06:06 PM
People naturally get desensitized when they get used to seeing lots of people with alternative looks, whether it be tattoos, piercings, hairstyles, makeup etc. But you do look like you deserve compliments. Lovely.

Beverley Sims
04-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Eva,
The HRT is working. :)

Good luck with it.