PDA

View Full Version : the normalcy

GabbiSophia
04-26-2014, 04:56 AM
I started HRT 3 days ago and on the very first I was amazed how the craziness of my body disappeared. The next day I was able to focus again and not have my mind divided with thinking about all the GD stuff and what, where, and how my life was going to change. It is nice to not have all that going on. I am not sure what I expected from the hormones but I didn't realize how normal I would feel. What I mean by that is that I feel like I did before I knew about GD. I feel like myself. This makes me wonder if all I need to do is balance my hormones out and I will be fine. It's strange I feel so good and have energy to do stuff again that is wonderful. Now I have noticed that on day three of the patch some of the GD issues have come back. I also am wondering if this is cause it is time to replace the patch? I understand why some people have talked about stopping the hormones because they feel so good. Steph in Arizona you mentioned it, does any of this sound the same?

I will say this though I am so glad I started. My work was suffering along with myself and both have a new found drive. I am amazed at how they have helped me.

stefan37
04-26-2014, 08:03 AM
Enjoy the calmness. My experience mirrored yours. My anxiety disappeared completely after 3 days on estrogen. Follow your heart. Stay on your meds. Live your life. Happy to hear to are experiencing some peace.

Megan G
04-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Steph,

I am not an expert at all so take it for what it's worth but if you have only been on hrt for 3 days chances are you are just experiencing placebo effects. That is extremely quick to feel anything but hey I could be wrong...lol

I know with me it took a three weeks to a month before I could absolutely say without a doubt that I was starting to feel any mental effects. But as they say your mileage may vary. I have yet to experience the sudden outburst of crying other girls have experienced and reported. Sure it is a lot easier for me to tear up but from what I read I thought it would be more..lol

Megan

GabbiSophia
04-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Megan i agree i haven't had out bursts or any of that. I have thought about the placebo effect also but this is 180 degrees from how i felt pre. I am waiting a few weeks to see how i feel then and to see if it is a placebo effect. One thing about it i have come to look and feel every feeling I have.

stefan37
04-26-2014, 09:07 AM
It is not a placebo effect. Your brain needed estrogen and was deprived of it. The fact your mental state improved so quickly is evidence. I have had various stages of anxiety my entire life and it was completely obliterated within 3 days after the introduction of estrogen. Rewiring of the brain will take some time and it is very subtle, but it's presence will become apparent after time.

Whether it's real or placebo doesn't really matter. Enjoy the calmness and peace it provides. I'm sure it is well welcome.

Kaitlyn Michele
04-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Trust your feelings.

This is harder for us because we have spent our lives NOT trusting our feelings.

I think there is a combo placebo/euphoria/chemical thing going on (at least there was for me) at the beginning and you can just enjoy it, be productive, and see how you feel next week, next month, etc..

Angela Campbell
04-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Sometimes it is the effect from making progress. Placebo or just moving forward, who knows, does it matter?

Marleena
04-26-2014, 06:19 PM
It's great news you're feeling better.:)

I remember taking a bit of a beating about a month ago for pushing you to try HRT. I came on a bit strong because I could see you suffering from the GD. Normally I wouldn't push hormones but you already had a letter so your therapist was convinced it would help you too.

Rachel Smith
04-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Steph I don't remember exactly how short a time it was for me to feel better, it's been over a year since I started the patch and anti's. I am sure though it was within a week. I had the exact feelings as you, no GD, more energy, more focus and a peace I had not known my whole life. I didn't have the emotional feelings so many talk about and still don't. If anything I am less emotional now then I was before. I used to cry at the drop of a hat now I rarely do but when I do it seems more genuine. After a year normal is now normal.

Ann Louise
04-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Hi StephBrown, it's important, in many opinion, that you wonder if simply balancing your hormones out is all you need. Some of the genderqueer folks I know find that balance with or without HRT, but those that use meds are using pretty low doseagesof E and anti-A compared to many of us.

One thing I've observed is that each of us is so unique that it's like fingerprints. Superficially very similar, but actually very distinct. I love my womanhood so much that I simply cannot imagine "going back" - it' inconceivable! As your meds are methodically increased in response to your blood work, and you're living your genuine life as a woman full-time, full doseages of meds ongoing, and love it, I think it's more than a hormone balance, it's who you are :-)

Congratulations on starting your journey with joy and peace,

)*( Ann )*(