PDA

View Full Version : This is about nuts!

DonnaD
10-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, today has been a utterley craptastic day. I had stated a bit ago I had a GG that was quite supportive in my choice of wanting to come out, now I get a phone call that pulled me away from working on my car. It was my gg friend, she lambasted me with her outlook on the subject, she said she couldn't deal with the situation at hand because she didn't want to have to explain it to any of her friends when we got married. I couldn't believe my ears, marriage? the thought never passed my lips nor did it cross my mind. I am just now getting over my first marriage that ended because of my limited dressing.

The thing that gets me is she was very harsh in how she explained herself to me, and this is after a 20 plus year friendship. To say the least, I'm extremely upset about the whole thing and now am at a very precarious position. I am doubting my choices in life and thusly doubting myself.

It's going to be a rough weekend now, I have the whole weekend off and was planning on really putting a dent in my project and now all I want to do is crawl into a BIG bottle of whiskey and watch it drain, then start on the second one.

At this point, I think I'll drop back and punt, this has had a major impact on my mood and I think its going to get ugly here at Casa de Donna.

Donna ( for now)

babe4life
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Oh Donna, I am so sorry to hear this. I got an email today that has been received many times in the past, but I hope it will ease your pain a little. Essentially, the point is that there are three types of people in your life. Those that are there for a short period, those that are there for a season and those that are lifetime friends.

Maybe your friend was there for a season for you to get to where you are in your life now. Now it is time to move on. I know that is a whole lot easier said than done though.

Thinking of you ...

Love,
Vicky

KewTnCurvy GG
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, today has been a utterley craptastic day. I had stated a bit ago I had a GG that was quite supportive in my choice of wanting to come out, now I get a phone call that pulled me away from working on my car. It was my gg friend, she lambasted me with her outlook on the subject, she said she couldn't deal with the situation at hand because she didn't want to have to explain it to any of her friends when we got married. I couldn't believe my ears, marriage? the thought never passed my lips nor did it cross my mind. I am just now getting over my first marriage that ended because of my limited dressing.

The thing that gets me is she was very harsh in how she explained herself to me, and this is after a 20 plus year friendship. To say the least, I'm extremely upset about the whole thing and now am at a very precarious position. I am doubting my choices in life and thusly doubting myself.

It's going to be a rough weekend now, I have the whole weekend off and was planning on really putting a dent in my project and now all I want to do is crawl into a BIG bottle of whiskey and watch it drain, then start on the second one.

At this point, I think I'll drop back and punt, this has had a major impact on my mood and I think its going to get ugly here at Casa de Donna.

Donna ( for now)

Hugs, Donna, Hugs! I'm sorry about her reaction. Please understand that it's her shit she's dealing with and not yours. You are who you are and you don't have to deny that or feel ashamed. I'm a GG who lovingly and wholely supports her SO who CD's. Also, please don't buy the whiskey. It won't help.

hugs, big hugs
kew

Amelie
10-01-2004, 02:13 PM
I can't say I know how you feel, because I don't but pain is pain. You shouldn't go and do something foolish like getting drunk, you did nothing wrong, don't go and punish yourself. If she couldn't see the good in you, then she should be the one getting drunk. You probably put a lot of time with this girl, it is better now than (if) when you got married with kids, then it would be messy and more painful. I am not Dear Abby, but somehow you must get on with life, the sooner the better, we might just be words on the comp-screen but the girls here will listen to what you want to say, I know it's not much but it's something.

Take it easy and don't do foolish things, think before you act.

Love Amelie

Lawren
10-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh, Donna. That's a grade A, government approved, major DISASTER!!! Please hang in there. Maybe it's a good thing that it came out now and not later. Just keep in mind that we are all here, ready and willing to help in any way we can.

LoL, Lawren

XOXOXO

eleventhdr
10-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah I know how this si because I had to deal with this about a year or so ago myself it is a total bummer to have to explain yourself to a rreal gg and how it is for you to be who and what you really are. I just do not understand why real gg's will not see the whole big picture perhaps they are afraid in a lot of ways as to what we cd's are really all about or maybe they feel theatened themselves maybe they are insecure in there own femeinity in a lot of ways and a male who wants to be a girl theatens them even more or something like this I do not know myself all of the underlying reasons. but am very willing to try to look at it from all angles and try to really understand. Oh well The very best of kuck to you let us know how it does all turn out we are here with you because a lot of us have been though it already. Love Suzy Ann!.

Shinya
10-01-2004, 05:21 PM

Donna ( for now)

Marriage?!?!?!?!

Back-up the train here. You didn't give any indication you wanted to in the first place right. She just blurted that out. Lmao. Don't take it wrong but that is funny as h*ll.

Maybe there is more to this then you see right now(she might be wanting you, more so then friends). I hope it's not a total loss (20yrs of friends). I think you two need to talk in a calmer setting. I hate the phone thing, I had to endear that before. Wasn't pleasent in the least. I'm sure she blasted you hard on the phone and you sat stunded. I did anyways, just sat and listened, slacked jaw to the table. Dazzed.

Are you two are still talking and are able to do so as long time friends?

I hope you find what happened to make her go off. Sometimes this can help in putting the peices back together. But also be prepaired to never find out what happened and move forward!

20 years, damn. :eek:

Never mind the bottle. Thats a way to easy out, then you find yourself with time lost and nothing gained.

I wish you luck...

Shinya

Renecd
10-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Hello Donna. I can relate to what you are feeling right now. My last girlfriend knew about Rene and was very accepting. That was only until we broke up (not because of the dressing) after we broke up she told all our common friends that I did dress as a woman and even told them about "Rene"! I was completely shocked and so hurt by this as you would imagine. Even though I wanted to admit it to these friends I just denied it but they did believe me.
Don't let a woman like that drive you to drink! As Kew said she isn't worth the trouble..

Love and hugs,
Rene

DonnaD
10-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Well, its been a day to say the least. I puttered about casa de Donna for a while and was so myffed I had to bolt, I went to the one place that gives me solace, the country. I went to visit my cousins out on the family farm and stayed there for the day, seemingly enough, riding a horse through the woods clears my head.

And yes, I never said one word or led her onto the subject of marriage, she knew that I wasn't about to get hitched again after the first one, but something about her has always been a bit off, now I guess I get the whole picture.

As for me, Im not sure what to do now, seems like I have had the stuffing zapped out of me, I may go back to the farm for the rest of the weekend and camp out in the middle of nowhere and fish or something, it seems like Im not a whole person right now and I have to find both halves again if that makes sense.

Thanks for all the support, I truely am in the right place by being a member here and you all are awesome and I thank you all for helping out, I can only hope that soon I find myself meeting some of you who are geographically close to me, a face to face is better than anything, and thats what I need about now.

Donna

Marianne
10-02-2004, 07:13 AM
Donna,
whisky won't help. Especially two bottles. (It will help you forget things for a short period, but then you'll wake up afterwards feeling even worse)

Take a deep breath, get some fresh air, feel the wind blow, look at a passing cloud, watch butterflies, watch the fish rising.

Or buy a new outfit.

Above all, try to concentrate on the positive things in your life, and I'm sure there are plenty of them.

and remember, you have 'sisters' here if you need a shoulder to cry on.

DonnaD
10-02-2004, 08:57 AM
I did get one bottle, that wasnt all for me though, it was for me and my two cousins, we decided to do some preliminary hunting preparations for the upcomming season on our land. Basically the 3 of us got on horses had tents and food and went out on the 200 acres and saw what was going on.

I know it's going to be ok, I just needed to get away this weekend and forget that phone call, getting out with my cousins and taking care of our game conservation is a great escape.

As far as buying a new outfit, I don't think that'll happen, I have no one to shop with and its still weird to go out and look for girls clothes for myself, it would be easier with another trusting sole but you deal with what you can when you can I suppose.

I may be off base, but this is all still pretty new to me, as stated prior. I'll get my pshche set here soon I hope, but this minor setback has made me think on what it is I should be doing. I just have no basis for what it is to do, I've grown up a boy, I have no sisters and one brother, not much of a basis to start going out enfemme you know.

Alas, Im heading out for the afternoon to go get dirty, again.

Hope you all have a great weekend, mine will be full of work lol. but work is better than nothing at this point.

Donna

Marianne
10-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Donna,
take things at your own pace and in your own time. No-one can say what you *should* or *should not* do for yourself. We can only make suggestions based on similiar thoughts and experiences in life.

For a long time in my life, I kept this side of me 'hidden'. I did tell someone I was dating (many years ago) about it, and even ended up getting married (for almost 14 years).

At this point in my life, now that Im 'single' again, I have decided for myself that any new friendships/relationships that I get into will be with people who know me for who I am, who know about this side of me and who do NOT have issues with it.

Like quite a few of the girls here, I also have a 'macho male' side to me. In my case that's my interests in traditional martial arts (I taught full-contact styles for almost a decade) as well as my interests in traditional archery (I've made my own bows, and my own arrows) and recreational medieval recreation/re-enactment (I made my own armor and fought full-contact in it too).

I'm a Father, (and a grand-father), I *can* drink beer, belch, watch sports (although I don't bother when I'm alone), change a flat tire, tile a bathroom, do plumbing, soldering, strip an engine and rebuild it, cut an overgrown lawn with a scythe, repair a broken fishing pole, rebuild/rewire a motorcycle, lay bricks and concrete, cut down trees. I can handle most hand-tools, I know how to sharpen knives/swords. If pushed I could even shoe a horse.

I can also sew buttons, darn socks, iron blouses, hem a dress, cook, clean and arrange flowers. I can chip out a flint hand-axe, trap fish/game and make a mean cup of birch tea.

My 24 year old step-son once referred to me as one of the most dangerous men he had ever met. I've travelled extensively, worked in over a dozen countries and can start a fight in at least a half-dozen different languages.

I've been cross-dressing for over 30 years.

but...

I still can't walk into Macy's alone and buy myself a skirt.

babe4life
10-02-2004, 11:38 AM
I still can't walk into Macy's alone and buy myself a skirt.

Marianne, you sound like a woman after my own heart ;)