PDA

View Full Version : first drive

bonni
04-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Today was my first drive dressed femme or sort of. Its a little cold and rainy today so it was casual. Jeans, bra, peasant top,light makeup,tennis. Went to the doctors who is 80 miles away. Also Walmart, Kmart, tilleys, tjmax. It was so exelerating, scarey, but it was one of most beautiful things in the world. Just driving down the freeway not caring who sees me or what they think. The same thing in the stores I went too. I did try on clothes at every store though and got one or two weird looks from the associates.

Chari
04-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Good for you Bonni! It takes courage to go out that first time, but every time after that, it will get easier and (hopefully) more often. Continue to be comfortable and confident with your feminine side. Enjoy.

dana digs sweaters
04-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Just look the SA in the eyes with a smile.
Present well.
We for the most part do not pass but are enjoying ourselves by not hiding.
And they get paid by the hour.
Not by commission.

BLUE ORCHID
04-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Hi Bonni, You are out there now, there's no holding you back now.

Never let a SA take control of you just stand your ground.

heatherdress
04-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Seems like you had a great day. Good for you.

kimdl93
04-26-2014, 05:21 PM
That a great. It's a step toward feeling real and part of the world rather than apart from it.

CDPheobe
04-27-2014, 09:06 AM
That's awesome!! I went out by myself at night and with my wife. Both times were equal fun adventures. I have not been able to dress and hang out with my wife lately but plan on something soon. Have fun.

Beverley Sims
04-27-2014, 11:14 AM
You will improve your appearance with practice.

He_wears_hers
05-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Nothing too crazy....I once put on tight jeans, a tight fitting top with a (nicely) stuffed bra and some red stilettos and then went to the gas station to fill up (no makeup or wig btw, just dressed). Granted, it was about 1am with no one around but I have to admit it felt kinda cool :)

AliyahS619
05-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Congrats, Bonni! Sounds like there will be many many more drives to come!

He_wears_hers, one of my first drives a long time ago was just the same as yours. I'll never forget, long sweatshirt, tights, heels. i went at night, but not so late that nobody else was there. Pulled up in the far end so nobody could see me in the station and the car blocked the view of people on the street. I started pumping and went back in my car. Before the pump stopped, a big white SUV with a girl in her 20s pulled up behind my car. I gained the courage and just went out there to finish up, get my receipt, and leave. She just smiled, no scornful look that I expected.

Catfishthepirate
05-08-2014, 02:18 AM
I hope that someday soon I can work up the courage to do something like that and go shopping or for longer than a few minute drive.

AliyahS619
05-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Catfish, you most definitely will. For me it's been nothing but one baby step after another. And the rush with each step is amazing!

sexygal
05-08-2014, 05:31 PM
I had been out for a drive years ago when I was considerably younger. Of course it was at night but the thrill was still there. Made several trips out of town after that during the day fully dressed and always managed to get some shopping in.

Jaymees22
05-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Sounds like you had fun. I like to go out for little rides myself but sometimes I fear a "Gender Bender/Fender Bender". Hugs Jaymee

katherin28
05-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Going for a ride is one of my favorite things. Just going for those little errands and daily things make me feel completely female.

Gailmiles
05-28-2014, 11:17 PM
as a closet dresser this is appealing to me.. I might have to give this a try sometime..

Marcelle
05-29-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi Bonni,

Congrats on your first time out and quite the first time . . . a drive and shopping. Don't let SAs get you down and sometimes weird looks don't mean anything beyond a person processing something they have never seen before. The best thing but also the hardest is to keep your gaze up and look around. I try to make eye contact with people (not forced eye contact bordering on creepy gaze :devil: mind you) but natural eye contact I would make if dressed "en boy". You will find that by looking around and making eye contact most people don't notice (too busy with their own lives) or if they do, it is more a "huh is that a guy?". In addition, looking up gives you a air of confidence.

Good luck with your future outings.

Hugs

Isha

abby054
05-29-2014, 05:01 AM
You are doing fine in gaining confidence. I did likewise my first few times out: gas station, drive through fast food, walk in a park. It is a good way to become familiar with the territory. I am unusual in that I like to get up and out very early in the day, at sunrise. There are few people around and those who are, they tend to be highly focused on their own business.

As for the SA, they may be concerned about privacy in the female dressing rooms. I detect the store policy and customs by selecting a few items of clothing as I walk around. If a SA asks me if she can start a dressing room for me, I know that I am free to shop like a girl. I make sure that the same SA gets a sales commission as often as I can.

janel p.
05-29-2014, 05:30 AM
Congrats... I remember my first time out driving.

mariehart
05-29-2014, 05:38 AM
Cool. I remember my first time. Not as adventurous as you. Just a quick drive around my locality one night in my little black mini. Both car and skirt! The old Mini car too not the modern one. Great excitement.
I've done it a few times since. But once on my way to meet someone in the middle of the city my Fiat started overheating. Panic! But luckily I managed to get some water for it. That made me nervous about it after that.

janel p.
05-29-2014, 05:44 AM
Also, lucky for me I didn't wreck my car. Could barley walk in heels to driving in heels.