PDA

View Full Version : I'm so nervous!

Brooke B
04-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Going to try to go to a store DRESSED! For the first time. OMG! OK, take a deep breath. Whew. OK , I can do this. Hopefully I make it in time.

RADER
04-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Tammy;
Not to worrier, all they care about is the color of your money and if the credit card
will be accepted. So wear something casual and comfy, and have a great time.
Rader

Adriana Moretti
04-27-2014, 08:43 PM
it is always good to be fashionably late........

StacyLynn
04-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Good luck, dear! I hope it all goes well for you :)

RenneB
04-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Heading to the store for the first time was a big step for me too. I swear it must have taken a bazillion baby steps though. I'd go for long walks along dead end roads, parks and other places without humans... Thicken up your skin, dress to blend and put on the 'tude like you were meant to be there.

Tell us how it goes.... and remember, if you don't take pictures it never really happened. You don't need to share the pics with us but these girls really love them.....

Renne.....

ChristinaK
04-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Good for you! Wish I had your bravery. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Haven't gotten the nerve to shop en femme yet, but success stories give me hope.

Christina Sevilla
04-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Hopefully it goes well for you.

Beverley Sims
04-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Just don't let your hair fall off when you dive in between a couple of clothing racks.

Be careful of savage women wanting to tear your hair out at sales time.

Apart from that don't lose your hair thinking about it and have a good time. :)

Ellaxo
04-28-2014, 01:35 AM
Good luck, share with us your experience. I went out to a store for the first time about a month ago if not less, and it went pretty well. I also went through a mcdonalds drive thru, that didn't go as well.

Eryn
04-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Let us know how it goes! My best advice is to slow down and enjoy the experience like a GG. Flitting from one rack to another like a scared bird is suspicious! :)

Lillyasia
04-28-2014, 02:15 AM
You're going to be nervous. There is no helping that. It's how you function when nervous that matters. Try to look confident and not suspicious, that will give you away quick. Make eye contact, smile, and walk slowly. Enjoy your first outing.

TinaZ
04-28-2014, 02:20 AM
I'm nervous for you! Good luck. Tell us how it goes.

NicoleD
04-28-2014, 02:27 AM
I am nervous for you as well, good luck and I hope all goes well for you. You are a braver girl than me for sure !

rian
04-28-2014, 02:47 AM
Wish you the best of luck ...Please inform us what happens next ......We are more anxious to see what is the result ....

Micayla
04-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Try to relax chances are its goingvto be a positive experience.Last week I wore a 3 inch pair of heels out shopping and was thrilled when on two separate ocassions sales staff seemed genuine in complementing me on shoes and asking where I bought them.Please note I was wearing jeggings a pretty blouse and a spring jacket, oh yeah and a goatee.Have fun!
Micayla

Genneva Lynn
04-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes, relax, breath, stand proud and don't let them talk down to you. The first time is always the worst and it becomes easyer after that. WOW.

Amy_blueyes
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Any advice on how to handle crossdressing and professional career. I worry about being found out and losing my career.

natcrys
04-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Good luck! Try to enjoy hunting for cool clothes! :D And just keep in mind.. there might always be the chance of a rude SA, but seriously.. 99% of the stores want your business.

Any advice on how to handle crossdressing and professional career. I worry about being found out and losing my career.

Rule #1: Don't get caught if you could lose your career!
Rule #2: See Rule #1

lindsey89
04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
The first time out was definitely the hardest. I thought my heart was going to burst from my chest when i was sitting in the parking lot deciding if I was actually going to get out of the car, but once I opened the door and went for it everything was just fine. Good luck :)

Ressie
04-28-2014, 06:21 PM
I haven't done that yet. I'd rather not go it alone the first time. I get embarrased just shopping in male mode. Gotta have shoes that are good to walk in. Have fun Tammy.

krissygurl
04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
I hope it went well. :) I have told myself I will do it within the next two months. Hearing all these beuatiful ladies having done it gives me courage to do it!

Tracii G
04-28-2014, 06:35 PM
The first time is always the most stressful but it gets easier each time you do it.
Now I don't even think about it. If I dress I go out and do whatever I want to.

Jorja
04-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Well, it is almost 8:00pm. You should have made your trip by now or had a heart attack and are in the hospital. I hope it went well and you found some great bargains.

Brooke B
04-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Sorry for the long wait ladies, I apologize. The night didn't go as planned but for the most part OK. When I get home from work I'll give you "The rest of the story".

JenniferYager
04-28-2014, 10:24 PM
We all wait in anticipation ;)

Brooke B
04-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry for the long wait. I so hate my phone right now. I just spent the last 20 minutes typing a response only to lose it. I'll recap my night again briefly.
So to start my evening I had to work late so I got a late start.
Getting ready let's see. Cut my leg shaving, can't get my fake lashes to work (again, love em but hate em),changed my mind on what I was going to where so I couldn't decide, thought my nail Polish was dry only to find out it wasn't, couldn't find the right lipstick, couldn't get my first wig to work so had to go get the second one. Lovely!
Being that went well I was second guessing about going. I finally said"the hell with it, I'm going to do this. I peak outside to see if the coast was clear , then ran for the car like I've never ran before. I get to my favorite store , Payless, only to find they closed an hour earlier. I rush to my second store where I got to shop for fifteen minutes. I found a cute summer top that I liked. There was one female customer and two female SA's in the whole store. They all just gave me a cute little smile and it made me feel so good inside. After that all the previous stuff didn't matter anymore. Thank you all for your support, Tammy

Brooke B
04-29-2014, 01:02 AM
It was so windy and it rained so much I swear it could've drowned a fish. This is what it did to my hair!

Christina Sevilla
04-29-2014, 01:41 AM
Poor girl. Hopefully the next time will be a lot better.

Ressie
04-29-2014, 07:46 AM
Tammy31, you don't sound very experienced at just getting dressed or maybe you were just too nervous. :) i.e. Nail polish doesn't dry quickly.

Maybe more planning ahead will make the outing go smoother next time. I commend you for braving the weather and your first time out!

Claire Cook
04-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Tammy,

Thanks for sharing -- see, the world did not come to an end ... it's just starting! I think for most if not all of us who have been out, that first time is the hardest -- and it's probably something you'll always remember. So take a deep breath ... say "I did it!!" ... and look forward to the next time!

Now I know why I don't bother with fake eyelashes anymore ... they really are a pain....

Krisi
04-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Running to the car (from your home, I assume) is not the best plan. Running will attract attention. And what do you do when you come back home? You can't really look to see if the coast is clear.

We all have our own ways of getting out. Some just walk out the door like they own it. Some get a hotel room and change there. Me, I underdress, then get into the car and drive to where I can finish dressing in the car without attracting attention.

Anyway, it's good you got out even if it didn't go as well as planned. There's always next time.

Elkeliini
04-29-2014, 08:34 AM
sounds like a regular girl going shopping... :D

Hope you had fun

michelle az
04-29-2014, 09:07 AM
went to a resturant with group,yup nervous but still enjoyed,they were very accepting