PDA

View Full Version : Mom, I need a wig for school

AndreaCD1963
04-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Last night, the SO and I were sitting in the office when her son yelled to her from the other room "Mom, I need a wig for a school project tomorrow. Do you have one, or can we go to the store and buy one?"

The SO giggles and quietly says to me "should I say no I don't have one, ask Andrea"? She then proceeds to help him search through the Halloween storage bins to see if there is a wig he can use, all the while knowing there isn't one. She then calls out to me "can you go look in my closet and see if that long curly blonde wig I wore to the biker party last Halloween is in there" Now, SHE doesn't have a long curly blonde wig, but I do. And it's one that I don't like.

So, off upstairs I go to search "her" closet ... and return a couple of minutes later with the long curly blonde wig.

His school project requirement met via a source he wouldn't have thought of!
It's good to be a CD sometimes!!

Beverley Sims
04-29-2014, 08:51 AM
I lost a good wig and a lovely dress to a similar cause once.

The dress got shortened and the wig got trimmed.

Oh! well. :)

Jenelle
04-29-2014, 09:06 AM
That is a great story, brought a smile to my face this morning :)

Krisi
04-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Why would a school project require a child (and a boy at that) to bring a wig to school? What if the family didn't have a wig in the home? (pretty normal, I would think) What if buying a wig for this project was a financial hardship for the student or family?

I wonder about schools and teachers sometimes.

Elkeliini
04-29-2014, 09:59 AM
so sweet... ah conspiracies are sometimes wonderful arent they :D

Sheila11
04-29-2014, 10:36 AM
My mom picked up a wig at a garage sale once to add to our costume box. If she only knew what she actually added to.

Nadine Spirit
04-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Why would a school project require a child (and a boy at that) to bring a wig to school?

Maybe it wasn't required. Maybe he wanted to do it.

AndreaCD1963
04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Why would a school project require a child (and a boy at that) to bring a wig to school? What if the family didn't have a wig in the home? (pretty normal, I would think) What if buying a wig for this project was a financial hardship for the student or family?

I wonder about schools and teachers sometimes.

I sometimes wonder about the costs that parents have to incur for school work too.

In this case, it is a french class project, doing a play. And it seems the class was short on girls so he and his friend got girl roles in the play. He seemed actually excited at the idea and is looking forward to it.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....

melissalynn
05-03-2014, 08:31 AM
I once refused to take the girl's part in a Cub Scout Thanksgiving play. Fast forward to today--all I see is a missed opportunity.

Jules Spirit
05-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Good for your son to be open to playing a girl in a play! Sounds like you and your SO are raising an open minded young man!!!!

BrittanyI
05-03-2014, 10:52 AM
That's an awesome story. I love those little inside jokes.

BLUE ORCHID
05-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Hi Andrea, I've lost a couple things too when my grand daughter asked my wife for something for a school program.

MonikaTirola
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks for sharing. That put a big smile on my face after a hard work day.

kimdl93
05-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Interesting high school project?

AndreaCD1963
05-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Good for your son to be open to playing a girl in a play! Sounds like you and your SO are raising an open minded young man!!!!

Thanks, we are certainly trying. While I don't dress around the kids, we've never hid alternative lifestyles from them. We have gay friends (that are married), and at least one TG friend - and the kids get along great with them.

AndreaCD1963
05-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Interesting high school project?

Actually, grade 8 French class. The class got broken up into small groups, with each group then having to do a play. His group was all boys, and the play needed a girl - the other boys wouldn't do it, so he did. Good for him to not be worried about peer pressure and stuff like that for taking on the female role.

Vickie_CDTV
05-11-2014, 04:26 AM
I am surprised they asked the boys to do that, in this day and age it could cause the school or teacher more grief than it is worth.

Marcelle
05-11-2014, 05:10 AM
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for sharing a nice story . . . brought a smile to my face.

Hugs

Isha

donnalee
05-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Great story; it's a keeper (and so is your SO; grace and good sense are a pretty rare combination). One question, though; is it a public or a private school?

jjjjohanne
05-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Otherwise, it sounds like a rather normal event. "Mom, I need a fusion reactor for a project TOMORROW. Can you help?" They never need an unused tube of toothpaste or a cereal bar. But, it is always for tomorrow. :)