PDA

View Full Version : Friends

chloemonroe
01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi Girls...hope you are all well.
Thanks for a wonderful forum.
I just wanted to say that I have just come out of the closet as far as one of my friends is concerned.
I was extremly worried that he would take it really really really badly and wouldn't want to know me anymore.
But I think, and I hope that that couldn't be further from the truth, although he can't fully apreciate where it is I'm coming from, he totaly understands (He's not a cross dresser) me, which is cool.
To finaly get to understand the real me, to not live in denial is such a wonderful feeling, I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and this is partly, well mainly to do with this wonderfull forum and the girls that chat and support each other.
Thank you
Lots of Love
Chloe
xxx

Shannah
01-13-2006, 07:15 PM
That's cool, he must be a good friend. It was hard enought to admit to my girl friend that I cd, I can't imagine telling any of my guy friends.

tiffiany
01-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I know how it feels to have this weight lifted off your shoulders as I also just came out to my best friend. If you want you can read about it in the transgendered forum.

Best of luck to you.

TGMarla
01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
What very nice comments, Chloe. I'm glad that this forum makes you feel that way. I think many of us here feel the very same way. And I'm glad that your friend is so accepting of you, too. It's nice to be able to share such a burden, and trust those whom you share it with.

Lawren
01-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Wow! Sometimes I want to tell my best friend that I crossdress. I think that he could probably handle it OK, (he dressed up for Halloween a couple times), but his second wife wouldn't. Her ex was a crossdresser of the vile kind and used to violently abuse her so she has a totally negative, and understandable, aversion to crossdressers. I will not, under any conditions, allow her to know about me. I, for one, do not want to be associated in any way, shape, or form with that kind of man.

Nikki Dee
01-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi. Chloe....what a fabulous result for you...I can well understand how great you must feel right now. Only last night I was chatting to a girl friend who, tonight, is going through the same scenario of telling a best friend...and you can guess how she is feeling.!!!!
Love Nikki. x

GypsyKaren
01-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi Chloe

I was so nervous about telling my family and friends, but everyone is cool with it, which still amazes me. They don't understand it, but that's okay because I don't either really, so we're even. I told my 27 year old daughter that I had something serious to tell her, that I had been living a secret and such. After I explained to her that dear old dad was really a woman named Karen, she said "is that all? I thought it was something bad, like you had cancer. Just make sure that you don't learn how to walk in heels before I do." I told her it was a little late for that.

I think you'll find that people who love you will still love you, those that don't still won't, but who cares about them? I'm glad you have such a good friend, and I hope it continues to go well for you.

GypsyKaren