PDA

View Full Version : Hmm.. Women's Show??

KaceyR
05-01-2014, 01:14 AM
Well this is kind of neat.
One of my friends (female,married) who knows Kacey (eh...well most friends do now anyways but...) messaged about this show going on and asked if I'd be interested to go with her and her aunt.

MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S SHOW
http://www.southernshows.com/wde/

So now am getting set to go to that. Now am in a way really nervous on this... :worried:
just for the fact that I know my makeup skills aren't so hot (can tell that in avatar even..heh), and really hate to stand out too much. And being what it is.. with all the GGs about, I sure feel the "being judged" pressure to not have any issues.

Add to that, it'll be early morning Friday. They're picking me up @ 9AM...I get home from work at 7, will only have a relatively short time to get shaved,full shower,and set with makeup (and to do a good quick job on nails which always never dry enough and get messed up somehow). I didn't do too bad getting cleaned, femmed, and made up on a rush out of the hotel last Sat (before time to sign out) but this'll be a real tired morning.

Hopefully with the earlier time of the day, it won't be as crowded. Will try to get some pics. But it's sure feeling like the getting tossed into a pool in the deep end to "learn to swim" kind of thing. :nailbiting:

Princess29
05-01-2014, 01:34 AM
and if you can swim there, you'll feel like you can swim anywhere. Good luck

Kate Simmons
05-01-2014, 02:07 AM
Have fun Hon. Let us know how the "water" was okay? :battingeyelashes::)

Alexis.j
05-01-2014, 04:05 AM
Just go, and have fun....
Whats tbe worst that can happen? You actually like it so much that you never want to go back?
It's worth a try.

Kirsten1
05-01-2014, 04:29 AM
Kacey,

Just go! But I would suggest that you do as much as possible the night before. Set things out so that they are ready when you come home and you can then just jump into it and get ready! Good Luck and have fun!

KaceyR
05-01-2014, 04:58 AM
and if you can swim there, you'll feel like you can swim anywhere. Good luck

Have fun Hon. Let us know how the "water" was okay? :battingeyelashes::)

But...but... I don't even have a swimsuit yet!! :D
(and I don't think skinny-dipping's an option either.. :))

I would suggest that you do as much as possible the night before.
Oh I'll be trying to. Thing is I'm on night shift. I'm typing this from work right now even. So my "night before" starts in 10 mins... but I also need sleep (12 hr shift work) and so much still has to just be done in the morning after I come back due to time. I also need to do some cleaning around the house and junk.
If it was having the workday off, and sleeping and waking up and getting ready it'd be easier.
But working on things around the house and all this will make for lack of sleep and a tired Kacey after work tomorrow..
Overall, I just think it's neat to be asked to go. I have few GG friends that would get out and do much of anything so it's all good.

Claire Cook
05-01-2014, 05:27 AM
Kacey,

I think this could be really cool -- just think of all the good advice you might get about makeup and such. It DOES sound like a busy morning! It's great that you have such good GG friends and I'm sure they will understand about your schedule.

I'd love to do this ... frankly, I am more comfortable being with GG's than a bunch of guys.

Beverley Sims
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Kacey,
You look okay, just a little adjustment with the hair do I think.

Have fun and don't be nervous....
Yes it is easy for me to say, but you have to do it. :)

KaceyR
05-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Show went OK..
Saw lotsa goodies.. Bought a pair of earrings, a couple of fancier stockings/tights, and a nail art kit.
Make ups getting better.. Did mine (basic without eyeshadow and liner) in 25 mins. Good lipstick and brow lines too.
Saw maybe 2-3 vendors pull out their iPhones to snap a pic of me when I was up at their booths but it all was fun.
One of the guy vendors complemented me on my necklace even.
Feet killing me standing for 3 hrs but not too bad...I was in my Mary Janes so it could have been worse.
Didn't get pic while out... Took one once I got home tho.
All in all a good day.

BLUE ORCHID
05-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Hi Kacey, If that was me I would be dressed and setting in the car,

Kirsten1
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Kacey,

Glad you survived it! It seems like you even had some fun!

~Joanne~
05-02-2014, 11:19 PM
We went to the same show :D left really disappointed too :(