PDA

View Full Version : Brazen CDing in Stockholm

Talisker
05-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Saw a ‘true’ crossdresser (guess that’s already annoyed some folks!) in Stockholm last Saturday afternoon. And yes Im sure it was a CD and not just a fantasy of mine about a GG. This CD was about 50 and had male pattern baldness and stubble. No makeup and walked like a dude down the main shopping area (Drottninggatan) wearing knee high boots, sheer tights, black skirt and powder blue long sleeve top. Not fake tits as far as I could tell. Only other places I have seen such open CDing was in San F and Key West which are pretty special places.

Was shorter than average for a male, walking pretty quickly drinking a can of coke. Would have liked to ask him where he got the boots but I was with other people.

So why am I writing this. Well I was actually more interested in other peoples reactions to him and being typically Swedish from most people there wasn’t one, just kinda like ‘oh yeah another man in a dress, whatever’. Incidentally on the state TV broadcaster they regularly show a CD all made up and shaving in the mirror inbetween the programmes as part of the people of Sweden. Anyway was encouraging to see the lack of peoples response so may have to give it a go sometime :battingeyelashes:

Teresa
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi Talisker,
I love your city, I only had a day to take it all in, City Hall is stunning, we were lucky enough to hear some one practicing on the organ ! Sorry this isn't a tourist thread, you do have some interesting people, I sat talking to an androgynous blond about my camera equipment near the market, my wife asked who was the blond girl ? People are so laid back, Cding must be more open ?
My second trip I did the last hovercraft ride from Malmo to Copenhagen airport after photographing some cars in Malmo, that was some crossing !

Princess Grandpa
05-01-2014, 09:39 AM
What could make for a better story than human beings allowed to just be themselves. Thanks for sharing!

Hug
Rita

Beverley Sims
05-01-2014, 12:10 PM
They seem to be a liberal lot up there in the Scandinavian countries, but there are some surprises I have experienced about non acceptance.

AllieSF
05-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks for another personal experience where most people may look, maybe make a comment to the person they are with and then go back to what they were originally doing. That happens most places where CD's go out, as shown in the multiple threads and posts here that say the same thing. Thanks for sharing.

flatlander_48
05-02-2014, 05:48 AM
Agreed that San Francisco and Key West are very different places, but I also had a similar experience in San Diego back in the mid-90's. My family and I were on Thanksgiving holiday and during the visit we went to the San Diego Zoo. There was a guy doing the street musician thing dressed in a black tam, black and white print dress and black flats. He had a longish male haircut and a couple of days of beard growth. That will definitely get your attention...

Elkeliini
05-02-2014, 05:53 AM
not all scandinavian countries and at that basically 2 cities: copenhagen en stockholm. Helsinki up to a certain point... Iceland/reykjavik no idea? nor Oslo/norway... Now talking about liberal not necessarily CD dressing.

natcrys
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Cool story.. and completely in line with my experiences when I was in Stockholm (or any other part of Sweden for that matter). :)

I've also been to Reykjavik in Iceland.. and to Copenhagen.. no problems at all. I felt more relaxed and accepted than sometimes walking around in Rotterdam.

BLUE ORCHID
05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi Talisker, I too like watching people I remain neutral and just watch how other people react.

Wildaboutheels
05-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Would you call BB brazen? A man minding his own business, simply wearing what HE wants to?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?213207-Three-of-my-other-worlds

MsCheri
05-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Thats why I LOVE Europe!

Charla McBee
05-03-2014, 12:22 AM
I saw a guy like that once in the Keys, big burly dude, balding and showing stubble while wearing heels and a short dress. He was just standing in front of a bar with an expression on his face that seemed to say, "I dare you to say something." He looked like he just didn't care about anything.

If you think you can get away with that, I salute you!