PDA

View Full Version : Muff-in Sale

Aly Cat
05-01-2014, 07:12 PM
So I was talking to my GG friends/soon to be roommates about my way down the line future SRS plans. They asked me why it was going to take so long. I told them that there is a LOT involved and that quite frankly, aside from all the hoops to jump through, it was going to cost a LOT of money out of pocket. They seemed disappointed and was like...well, what if we do a fundraiser? One girl was like...we could do something catchy like have a "Muff"-in sale! It was so hilarious it had us all laughing to tears and I was like...I think that could send the wrong message. This muffin aint for sale!!
It was a good idea, but I still dont think anyone is going to donate to the cause of me getting new private parts. I love my GG friends!

whowhatwhen
05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Who knows, maybe in the next few years people will come to their senses and cover it as a medical necessity :)

VanTG
05-01-2014, 08:09 PM
It would be nice to see it covered, I was reading that San Francisco is considering funding it for people. IF you do a google search you can find information. I looked at crowdfundiong websites and people generally do not make much money from them, still its worth a try.

Jorja
05-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I want you to know, way back in 1977 the girlfriends of one of my friends held a fundraiser for her SRS. They collected $8,000 in 16 hours. Attitudes were a lot different back then. I would think you could at least match that in 2014.

Aly Cat
05-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Oh wow, thats amazing! That gives me hope!

FurPus63
05-03-2014, 11:32 AM
I was going to post something like this myself. I have a fundraiser website and I'm wondering if it's right to ask people directly if they want to donate. I have to get $$ somehow. I am feeling a little bit of shame with this, though. It's hard to ask people, mostly strangers, aquaintances, etc.... if they'd help with the cost of this surgery. Yet, what's a poor girl to do? So I'm glad you posted this Eva Lynn. Thanks! Actually I don't think it would be that bad to do a "muff-in" sale. I think it would be pretty cool and it does get right to the point! You want a muffin so you sell a muffin. Why not? You'd have to bake a lot of muffins though to raise even a part of the money. Let's see sell the muffins for a dollar profit each, you'd have to sell 20,000 muffins!!! OMG!!! LOL!

Maybe together, we can think of something more practical.

Paulette