PDA

View Full Version : *Pretty* in drab

Ms. Donna
01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi All,

While there are many words used to describe a man or something about him, pretty isn't usually one of them.

So...

How many of us have had something about ourselves described as pretty whilst in drab?

I've had this happen several times. Once was while on the train to work. The conductor (a women) was checking tickets and when she got to be, she complimented me with "Those are really pretty earrings!" I thanked her and we chatted for a few moments before she continued on her way. Another time a woman with whom I work complimented on a sweater I was wearing, "Pretty sweater... Looks nice on you."

Anyone else???

Love & Stuff,
Donna

ChristineRenee
01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
The other day while I was waiting to get a haircut in the salon that I frequent, an older woman remarked to me that I had very pretty hair! I thought that was very sweet of her....made me sort of wonder if she had noticed my eye makeup and blush as well!;)

KateW
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
When I was growing my nails one time, a female friend said they looked really good, and wished she could grow her nails that long. I have also been complimented over my eyebrow shape, and even told when I had my left ear pierced for the second time that it really suited me.

Kate xxx

TGMarla
01-13-2006, 08:55 PM
My wife bought me some clothes for Christmas. Very sharp, very color coordinated. I was wearing some of those last week, and one woman laid the "pretty" comment on me. I was quite flattered.

emmicd
01-14-2006, 01:28 AM
As a guy I still try dressing nice and try to wear fashionable clothes. At work in business attire I wear suit and tie. I get comments from some women when I wear sweater vests. they seem to like them. Also they like guys who wear pink shirts/ties.

When in casual mode i try to push the envelope by wearing womens pants and have received some compliments on my light blue sweater which matches my womens chino dockers.

emmi

Ms. Donna
01-14-2006, 04:56 PM
When I was growing my nails one time, a female friend said they looked really good, and wished she could grow her nails that long. I have also been complimented over my eyebrow shape, and even told when I had my left ear pierced for the second time that it really suited me.

Kate xxx

Regarding general compliments, I've had female friends say the same about my hair - which has a nice natural wave to it - they wish that their hair would just 'do that'. :) I've been complimented on my eyebrows, on gloves - all types of things.

There's just something about another woman complimenting you on a 'girlie' aspect of yourself... :c9:

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Rachel Morley
01-14-2006, 05:06 PM
I've had the "pretty earrings" comment a few times in the past. :)

Once, when I was single (before I moved to the US) I used to sometimes wear sandwashed silk shirts, this particular time I was wearing a cream colored one and it had mother of pearl buttons and a GG friend of mine said she thought my "blouse" was very pretty. I blushed bright red! :o :o

Jonien
01-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Donna
I've had a few comments on my nails from shop staff
But last week end I went to visit a friend of my wife and she said I looked stunning.

Now will someone get me off this cloud:twirl:

Maddie Nolan
01-14-2006, 05:43 PM
My wife and several of her friends have in the past commented on the fact that I had a pretty face! Not the case any more I am sorry to say. Up until I was about 30 I had a very baby face, I was even refused admission to an over 18's nightclub on my 21st birthday!
Unfortunately I seem to have lost those baby features now.