PDA

View Full Version : Go figure

Tamara Barclay
01-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I was outed about 10 years age to all my friends and family by my ex wife, who was trying to justify the affair she was having.

I had one very close male friend who was very hurt by all this. He avoided me for about two months. I finally managed to get together with him to discuss what he now knew about me. He wasn't upset that i was a CD, that I was a sissy, that I had 3 closets full of dresses, or that I had seen him naked. No, he was upset I had never told him!
He wanted to know how I could keep such an important part of myself hidden from my best friend! As he explained it.."I don't golf, I don't understand golf, and I don't know why people choose to golf. This is you golf."

Sometimes people can suprise you! Here was a macho guy who understood. On the other hand I have known people who I thought would be very supportive and never wanted anything to do with me after that.

Go figure!!!

TGMarla
01-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Those are the real friends, TB. Treasure them. Isn't it amazing that a close friend would have the very same reaction that an SO would have? But when you boil it down, it's not so surprising, I guess. Friends are better than lovers in many ways, and they often last longer. I'd say that one is a keeper.

Laurie Ann
01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Great to have a friend like that.

GypsyKaren
01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
You are indeed very lucky to have such a special friend, they are few and far between, at least for me. I think friends like that tend to see us as people, not things or its'.

GypsyKaren

emmicd
01-14-2006, 12:31 AM
I only told a handful of people about my crossdressing. I told my sisters in a letter and they are accepting in theory. I can wear certain femme clothes in front of them like a pair of womens pants. No dresses however.

My wife knows and also feels the same as my sisters. She can only tolerate my wearing womens pants. No dresses.

Only 1 of my male friends accepts my crossdressing but i never really dress up in front of any one.

Your friend sounds like a special friend.

Consider yourself lucky

emmi