PDA

View Full Version : sentimental items

melissalynn
05-03-2014, 08:51 AM
I am trying to figure out what to do with the first bra and panties I bought for my own. The bra, over 10 year old and still wearable, has seen better days and is smaller than the forms I am currently using. The panties (which don't match the bra) are okay as well but I favor a different style now. There's only so much room for my girl things and I like getting new things every so often but I am torn about saying goodbye to this things. I'm wondering how others on the forum handled this situation.

reb.femme
05-03-2014, 08:56 AM
.............There's only so much room for my girl things and I like getting new things every so often but I am torn about saying goodbye to this things........

Herein lies the answer. Buy something similar to the item to be thrown out. That way you still have the same number and type of that item of clothing whilst simultaneously justifying without guilt, your current over spending. Works for me. :heehee:

Rebecca

Chari
05-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Melissa, If those were "guy" items ((jockeys, T shirt), what would you do with them? Most GG's would just throw them away, or if still in somewhat good condition, give them away, but not too many would want to wear someone's "used" under garments! Consider maybe taking pictures of them - just for sentimental value. Enjoy.

MeganDay
05-03-2014, 09:05 AM
If the only reason you're contemplating tossing them is room, well one pair of panties and one bra don't take up much space. They're obviously special to you (and I understand why!), so toss out a few other things to make room for new stuff but keep the ones that are important to you in a special place.

Megan

dana digs sweaters
05-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Cherished female items are kept.
I still have my 1st bra & panty set from when I bought them at 12.
Obviously they don't fit anymore.

Sally24
05-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Taking pictures of things before getting rid of them works for me. You could also take snippets of each and use them for framing or background of an early picture of Melisa.

Beverley Sims
05-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I still have my first bra, it is hidden away with the first dollar I earned. :)

BLUE ORCHID
05-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Hi Melissa Lynn, You do know that as soon as they are gone that you will wish that you saved them .

Katey888
05-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Melissa - this won't suit everyone, I know.... but my advice - bin them, and move on to something new... :)

I have no idea what happened to my earliest girl stuff - I know many of my favourite things were purged, shredded, trashed... I only regret trashing things that were still wearable... comfortable heels, mainly... :cry: but that's rationality, not sentiment...

I don't keep my old boy clothes unless there's life in them... I still have a pair of Dr Martens boots bought in 1974 that still have useful life left.. :)

For me, sentiment is reserved only for people I have known and loved, whereas material things are... immaterial, in a greater sense...

Katey x

Cheryl T
05-04-2014, 10:52 AM
They are useful only in that you desire them and will wear them.
If you feel that is not the case then let them go and treat yourself to something that you will enjoy now.

They are only 'things'...

Mafalda
05-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Melissa - this won't suit everyone, I know.... but my advice - bin them, and move on to something new... :)

I have no idea what happened to my earliest girl stuff - I know many of my favourite things were purged, shredded, trashed... I only regret trashing things that were still wearable... comfortable heels, mainly... :cry: but that's rationality, not sentiment...

I don't keep my old boy clothes unless there's life in them... I still have a pair of Dr Martens boots bought in 1974 that still have useful life left.. :)

For me, sentiment is reserved only for people I have known and loved, whereas material things are... immaterial, in a greater sense...

Katey x

I feel exactly the same, thank you Katey for expressing it so clearly! The only difference is that I haven't Dr. Martens :)

CarlaWestin
05-04-2014, 11:05 AM
I still have my first bra, it is hidden away with the first dollar I earned. :)
The first dollar I earned is tucked inside my first bra.
Don't tell anyone!

GirlyTGreen
05-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I agree with Katey888, but if you need to see those items every now and then for sentimental reasons, a picture is something I have used myself to preserve a memory.

Either way just make sure its what feels right to you.

Maria 60
05-05-2014, 04:45 AM
At the bottom of my drawer there are two bras, the first one my wife gave me of hers and the first one she bought for me. Hanged up I have a full slip that is hanging on by a thread, my wife keeps telling me to throw them out but I can't do it, there are so many memories and they are my first and I will try to keep them for as long as I can