PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Lowes

Tracii G
05-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I was at Lowes today looking at some new kitchen appliances decked out in girl mode.
New American flag-ish motif maxi dress and new black leather purse.
Browsed around and got a few comments from nice 40 ish ladies with their husbands.
Discussed different cook tops on stoves and how to care for the glass topped ones.
One lady was just the sweetest thing and took me over to see the model she has and all the fine points of that model.
She was fabulous and knew I was not female but she said I was the first trans person she had ever met.She told me she was impressed how well I presented.
Her lady friend she was with had no idea I wasn't a female for the first few minutes we had chatted.
Sure we all have out tell tale give away signs but I must have done something right.LOL
Her friend caught up to us during the time the other lady had me looking at stoves and she said I'm soo embarrassed but are you a woman or a man?
I said TG best describes me and she said well you look soo damn cute its hard to tell.
I love that maxi dress it is to die for where did you get it?
I thanked the ladies for being the highlight of my day and they said honey you have made our day as well it was wonderful meeting you too.
Soo another good experience in the books.
Oh I did get a new faucet for the bathroom LOL.

Lillyasia
05-04-2014, 04:13 PM
That's a nice story. Thanks for sharing the good news Tracii. And thanks for making a good impression representing the CD/TG community.

GirlyTGreen
05-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks Tracii! So nice to hear about a positive outing, and at Lowes? Wow thats courage

Hell on Heels
05-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Hell-o Traci, Great trip to Lowes, very inspirational indeed!
My last visit to a home store I was lugging bags of cement and fence posts.
Not to many chatty GG's in that section of the store, best not done en-femme I think.
How about the glass cooktop, I have one and really like it, I imagine the technology
has changed, but the only complaint is that the one I have heats with infrared heat lamps.
To regulate the heat setting, other than high, it pulses the lamp off and on.
So you get a fluctuating heat for a few seconds. Other than that, easy clean up, and actually
a nice flat surface, doubles as extra counter space when needed.
Much Love,
Kristyn

rachael.davis
05-04-2014, 07:05 PM
big smile & hug

Brenda456
05-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Sounds like a good trip.

Marcelle
05-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Hey Tracii,

Sounds like a great trip and you got to go to Lowes to boot . . . my crazy idea of shopping. Would love to see a picture of the dress though.

Hugs

Isha

BLUE ORCHID
05-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Hi Tracii, That's another satisfied LOWE'S customer.

GretchenJ
05-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Hi Tracii

I have the utmost respect for your courage as going to Lowes or Home Depot to me is the ultimate clocked nerve test.

Good for you, and am so glad that the experience was only positive!

Gretch

Tracii G
05-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Thanks all.
I didn't plan on going there just got to thinking how I needed a new stove,dishwasher and refrigerator.I had been to a few other stores a few weeks back and hadn't looked at Lowes to see what they had.
It was on the way home so I stopped there to look.Never thought much about being enfemme at the time just headed on in to look around.
I had my pen and paper handy to jot down prices of the items I needed.Pretty much along the lines of the other stores thats when I ran into that group of nice people.
The sales dude was really nice but I'm sure he was a bit confused talking to me.LOL
Courage? Not really I go wherever I want enfemme and really have no problems with 99% of the people I come in contact with.
I got over the fear of going out enfemme a long time ago.
Planning on going to the park here in a few days so I will take some pics of the maxi dress.Totally love the dress and to beat all I bought it at Cracker Barrel restaurant.

Cheryl123
05-04-2014, 10:20 PM
This is so wonderful Tracii. Wonderful not just because of the way you presented, but wonderful because of the good feelings you created in everyone you met. I'm cutting out this story and saving it because this is how I wish to become. Thank you so much for sharing.

Tracii G
05-04-2014, 10:40 PM
YW Cheryl23 It takes time to get to the point where going out dressed is not such a big deal.I have days where I get up and say hey why not get dolled up and make a day of it.
I rarely plan on it it just happens.
I'll post a pic of the dress in the clothing section for you to look at and yes I took a pic of it the day I got it LOL why I do that IDK.

flatlander_48
05-04-2014, 10:41 PM
You Go, Girl...

Lorileah
05-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Lowe's has been very nice to me. I have been in there several times to get things or look for something. The lady in the bathroom remodel section gushed for several miutes about how I should get a new vanity and especially when I told her mine was too small. The woman in Gardening suggested several plants and the best was the associate who asked "anything I can help you find Miss? By the way I love your skirt where'd yo get it?"

Christina Sevilla
05-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Thats was such a good story. You are definitely doing something right.

Beverley Sims
05-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Tracii,

I think that dress helped you to stand out from the crowd though.

I am always pleased to read of pleasant experiences. :)

Tracii G
05-05-2014, 12:04 AM
I felt great wearing it so maybe it showed on the outside.LOL

paulaprimo
05-05-2014, 12:21 AM
great story tracii and i bet you looked great!!
i always knew going to lowes was much better than going to home depot! lol
didn't anybody notice you new earrings?? lol :)

Connie Williams
05-05-2014, 12:34 AM
So......What everyone is really dieing to ask you is.........what brand faucet did you buy? ;)

Tracii G
05-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Its a Moen BTW almost scraped my hands installing it LOL.

Katey888
05-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Another good experience, Tracii - this is clearly just so normal for you which is great to hear...

I can't help but think that similar normality over here (UK) would not be met with such acceptance as it is in your part of the world - of course I don't speak from experience, I know, I should suck it and see... But everyone seems to be very laid back about the interactions and perhaps that's a testament to your attitude and approach, Tracii... We can all learn something from that, I'm sure... (So I'll be looking for a nice Union Jack maxi dress now... ;))

Nice faucet too - and I can echo Kristyn's comments about glass/ ceramic cooker tops - had ours for about 12 years and with proper care, looks as good as new... easy to clean, nowhere for spills to go, etc. :)

Katey x