PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Makeup

mudanjel
01-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi Ladies
:gorgeous: Has anybody ever tried mineral makeup ?? I'm referring to the brush-on powders used as a foundation that I've seen on *infomercials*, such as Sheer Cover and Bare Minerals.
I'm curious about the coverage to expect ?? I don't want to waste a lot of $$ for another abandoned makeup trial.

~~ Lilly ~~

Deborah
01-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Hehe nice to see GG's have the same problem we do with makeup technology. :D

jo_ann
01-15-2006, 12:21 PM
My wife uses "nicole miller" which I think is only available through "melaleuca" (wellness products), and she's very picky about makeup, and she seems to love it. only thing about powders is that they can be messy if your not careful since it's such a fine powder. Just make sure you do it over the sink.

GypsyKaren
01-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Lilly

Such a pretty name, my favorite flower. I use bare minerals make-up, and I love it. It's easy to apply, very comfortable to wear, and does the trick for me. I have a very light complexion, so I don't know how it'd work for others. I know at ULTA they have sample kits you can buy for $40 or so, that way you don't have to shell out bigger bucks to try it.

GypsyKaren

Christina Nicole
01-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I use Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals. I like the product. I need coverage in places, but I don't want to wear makeup so heavy that it looks like as mask. The Bare Minerals are easy to control and apply so that I can get more coverage where I need it and less where I don't. After wearing it a few times, I almost have the "no foundation" look down. Well, on at least part of my face where I don't have much facial hair. Fortunately, I don't have that much facial hair.

There are a few stores that sell Bare Minerals. You can get it at a Bare Escentuals boutique, Ulta, Sephora, and also Nordstroms. Look here (http://www.bareescentuals.com/stores/). The advantage of a store is you can try it before you buy it. An starter kit, with the basic powders and brushes is about $60.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

mudanjel
01-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I can tell mineral make up won't work for me and believe me, I appreciate it. :gorgeous: I got further here than calling the lame infomercials hotlines.

~Lilly~

lynie
01-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Ladies-
There are several different types of makeup , and the one you should wear should be determined by the type of skin that you have! DON'T BUY MAKE UP BLINDLY. Speak with someone that can ask you about your specific needs. This is IMPORTANT! Who wants to deal with a breakout because their make up was all wrong for them?

Lynie