PDA

View Full Version : Has keeping a diary helped with your Cding ?

Teresa
05-05-2014, 04:19 AM
When I hit my low point twenty years ago my therapist suggested that at the start of my medication I should try keeping a diary. The suggestion was if I felt I had no one to talk to, at least I could get it out of my head by writing it down, also it would give an indication to how the medication was working.
I kept it up for six months until I became paranoid about some one finding it, so I burnt it !
Prozac wasn't a wonder cure, it just took me from not functioning to existing, I had my business to keep going. Many a time I would get to the church and set up my cameras only to want to disappear, then with the appearance of the bridesmaids and one look at the dresses I guess Teresa must have taken over, the adrenaline would kick in, and I would do my best.
I often felt like Dr. Jekyl and Miss Hyde ! When I got back home BOY did I need to dress ! I'm sure many can relate to that feeling ! So did you keep a diary ?

njcddresser
05-05-2014, 04:53 AM
When I came out to my myself and my wife as a cd I began to keep a diary. It has been very helpful to me to help me explore my feelings and emotions surrounding my dressing as a woman and my feminine side. I thought it very important to try and understand why I needed to dress. I still haven't figured out why, though this is no longer as important to me. It's helped me to accept myself as I now know that my feminine side is a big part of me and who I am.

Beverley Sims
05-05-2014, 05:52 AM
My diary is here in approximately 15,000 posts.

My answer is yes.

BLUE ORCHID
05-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Hi Teresa, Other than this forum Nothing is recorded anyplace, leave no evidence.

sometimes_miss
05-05-2014, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't dare keep a diary. Too many times, sneaky people wind up reading stuff they shouldn't. And the words of a friend keep going through my mind: The number of people who can keep a secret, is ONE.

BeckyW
05-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I am out to my wife. I do keep a journal. My therapist recommended it. It's on my computer, actually in iCloud. It's encrypted so I'm not too worried about anyone reading it. I guess if the NSA really cares that I cross dress, then that's the way it goes. Maybe they'll want to give me a job as a crossdressed secret agent. :-)

Anyway, the point of the diary is perspective. I can look at what I thought about the situation 6 months ago and compare it to how I feel now. I have some pretty nasty waves of dysphoria and the occasional 'should I transition' thought. Having some history to reflect on helps me to remember that the waves pass. If at some point they get worse, I'll be able to see that by looking in my journal too.

JessicaMN
05-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I started one about a year and a half ago just on a whim to see if it would help, and omg did it ever. I dont write in it all time time, but when i do its so much better getting all of that out.

~Joanne~
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I have a journal to just keep track of the things I have done in femme, shopping trips and the like. I figured it was better than driving my SO crazy lol I also felt that in death I wouldn't get a chance to explain anything to anyone and instead of them forming their own opinions as to what all this is, I figure it may come in handy.

Phoebe Reece
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I've been keeping a diary on my computer of every time I have been fully dressed as Phoebe for more than ten years now. I do it mainly to record what I have been doing and what has happened in all my interactions with others. It shows my personal progress in feeling comfortable with getting out and about as Phoebe in pretty much any situation. I have shared parts of it with others over the years and it has helped to give some confidence to some of those new to getting out and about enfemme. Someday (hopefully in the distant future) if I get too old and feeble to get out crossdressed in public, I can read my diaries and get some comfort from having crossed so many things off my bucket list.

MeganDay
05-06-2014, 01:22 AM
I'm keeping a blog. Mostly so I can go back later and read my early thoughts, see what steps I took on the road. I share it with friends (it's actually publicly visible, albeit not under my real name or email), so if anyone's curious, PM me and I'll give you the link.

As for the crossdressing secret agent, I suspect there's an advantage in looking good in both a tux and a slinky evening gown! ;)

Megan

rian
05-06-2014, 08:18 AM
The problem of keeping a diary is that your whole life will be ruined in seconds ...if it falls in the wrong hands ...no matter where to keep ....But on the other hand I have hundreds of pictures to my CDs where I keep it in my personnel hard drive with lot of passwords ....