PDA

View Full Version : I've returned, with updates on my journey

Saikotsu
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Hey everyone,
Been a while since I logged on, life has kept me quite busy, and a lot has happened since I was last here. So here's what's been happening with me.

First off, I've come out of the closet as gender fluid to a close friend and my sister. Both of whom knew all along, but were waiting for me to open up about it. They've been really supportive and we've had a lot of discussions on how to better accommodate Adyson, my female side. I've even hung out with one of them fully en femme. (The other lives in Germany)

Secondly, I've discovered nail polish. I've always known about it, but its not something I really wanted to try either. And yet, one day I just wanted to paint my nails so I did. I chose a blue-green color and was quite pleased with the results despite it being my first attempt. I keep my toes painted when I can, but I usually don't keep my hands painted for long. Maybe someday but not yet.

Thirdly, I've begun to figure our a style that both of my gender identities are comfortable with. Even when En femme, I prefer practicality over fashion. After work, I put on some ladies track pants and usually some form of tank top, with an open overshirt (not quite sure what they're called though) . It's feminine, but not "girly". Plus, I look good dressed that way according to my friend. I've been experimenting with various bras and forms underneath those tanks to see what works and what doesn't. I'm particularly happy with my new red bra and black tank. Hopefully I can find a good pair of ladies cargo pants to go with them.

Fourth, I've gotten in the habit of wearing a weighted vest when I work out in the community gym. It helps me get the most out of my workout, and it conceals the breasts, so I can work out in peace while still giving Adyson her "out" time. I used to go late at night or early in the morning, but now I can go whenever.

Fifth, I've contacted a local gender identity center to help me out. While I'm making good progress *with my journey, the extra feedback from communities like this one has helped me immensely. Hopefully they'll be able to help me end up where I want to be.

So yeah, the journey is going well.
How about you? How is your journey coming along? Any advice to share with me or someone else?