PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Daddy

Camille15
05-06-2014, 12:37 AM
My daughter got a new paper doll set (the type with stick on clothes). The set came with 3 dolls, all of which were girls. Shortly after we started playing with them as a family, she decided that one would be the baby, one the teacher, and one the daddy. This is a common theme for her when we play with figurines together, but usually one of the figures is a man. My wife and I pointed out that this was a girl doll, and that daddy's don't wear dresses. We suggested that maybe it should be a mommy instead. She thought about this for a moment, and said "No, that daddy can wear dresses. He's a fancy daddy".

My wife and I smiled at each other. I was more than happy to play along, and change fancy daddy's outfits. My daughter kept up the character too, still calling it "daddy" and "he", but putting it in dresses. The best part was when she told my wife that she was now to play the part of fancy daddy, and I was to be the teacher. My wife obliged, and we both thought it humorous as she said pretended to be me deciding on a pair of shoes.

Tina G
05-06-2014, 12:39 AM
Very lovely story, myself i have a daughter 6 and 2 boys 7 and 11.. I cherish all the time i can get with them. Thank you for sharing :)

Beverley Sims
05-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Apart from the cute story side, this is an example of a child's perception of something we view very differently.

Something always worth remembering when we ourselves, engage in self analysis.

BLUE ORCHID
05-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Camille, The memories of playing with my children and my grand daughter are priceless.

Kate Simmons
05-06-2014, 07:19 AM
What can I say Hon? A lot of us are "fancy daddies" for sure. ;):)