PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in our nightgowns

lingerieLiz
05-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Tonight my wife and I were sitting watching a TV show both of us wearing nightgowns. She received a call from an acquaintance about an upcoming event. At the end of the conversation the caller apparently apologized for calling late. My wife said no problem we are just sitting here in our, pregnant pause, media room.

I knew instantly what she was about to say but caught herself. It was a case of the other person did not have a need to know that I had on a nightgown.

NathalieX66
05-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Wanna know what I think?
You are just a normal same person.

Melissa in SE Tn
05-07-2014, 04:37 AM
What a great way to relax with your wife!!!

Jillian Faith
05-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Doesn't every couple watch TV in their nightgowns:battingeyelashes:

Kate's at home
05-07-2014, 06:07 AM
You didn't say anything about matching robes, or at least a cute sweater, depending on the nightgown...

:)

Kate

Beverley Sims
05-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Matching as well? :)

BLUE ORCHID
05-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Hi Liz, It sounds like you have a wonderful wife.

Sissy_Michelle
05-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Doesn't every couple watch TV in their nightgowns:battingeyelashes:

Sometimes...:daydreaming:

glynnis
05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I have been up for an hour and still in mine.The only clothing Ive changed is my panties and put a pair of stockings on.

Cheryl T
05-07-2014, 10:31 AM
No Matchy, matchy, but we watch tv all the time that way.

lingerieLiz
05-07-2014, 11:28 PM
No we don't have matching nightgowns or robes. We like different styles.

kiwidownunder
05-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Funny My wife wears pjs I wear nightgowns go figure

Kate's at home
05-08-2014, 06:20 AM
You silly girls!

I was referring to robes and/or sweaters matching the nightgown, not each other's outfits. And with just a bit of playful sarcasm, not that we pay any attention to such details.

;)

Kate

glynnis
05-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Kiwi same in my house,my wife always wears PJs and I always wear a nightdress.

Allisa
05-08-2014, 12:35 PM
No wife or SO at the moment but allways wear my nightgown in front of the T.V. at night. Just feels so natural.

Lisa

Teresa
05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I sat and read your thread this morning while wearing my nightie and silk wrap thinking I'm going to be caught out one day, I sometimes clear the windows on my wife's car when she has an early start with a short jacket thrown over.

Tora
05-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Lucky me, my wonderful bride of 44 years and I enjoy breakfast many mornings in our night gowns!

Debutante
05-10-2014, 02:39 AM
I and my wife wear our nightgowns every evening, relax, watch a movie. It's such a lovely. relaxing thing to do... I love it!

Rachel Morley
05-10-2014, 03:33 PM
In our house my wife and I don't wear night gowns but we do both wear some girly PJs :) I think it's cute that you both get all cosy and girly together. Good for you!

Ozark
05-10-2014, 04:34 PM
My wife's nighttime attire is one of my large tee shirts and a pair of pajama pants. Mine is Vanity Fair gown and robe or pajamas.

Sarah21
05-10-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm shocked.

I can't believe you have a Media room Liz :-)

Eryn
05-10-2014, 10:12 PM
You do realize that men have historically worn nightgown? They are more commonly called "nightshirts" these days but they are the same thing. The men's styles tend to have longer sleeves and are made from coarser fabrics, but they are basically the same.

shimmeryphantasy
05-13-2014, 05:40 PM
There are some lucky people here that have found someone to share their fetish with.... I have always loved nightgowns ....... my last relationship I tried to be totally open with her and she was ok with it for a few years .... we would sleep together in our nightgowns,, I loved spooning with her in all the slippery softness....we would take little vacations and I would pack several nightgowns and pantyhose for us to wear , it was so much fun............. for some reason I started having problems keeping an erection during sex.. I don't really know what it was but I could tell she wasn't totally into it and I guess I started feeling kinda ashamed of it or something... then I would get kinda anxiety about it I guess and couldn't keep it up which is kinda weird because when I am here in the mornings in my hose and gown I can be hard for over an hour straight ...... I guess she decided that I wasn't making her happy anymore and left .... that was 2 years ago and I still love her with all my heart because she was the only woman that I was able to be totally open with... I know I will probably never find another.... not in this small town anyways......

Angie G
05-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Sounds like my wife and I.:hugs:
Angie

lingerieLiz
05-14-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm shocked.

I can't believe you have a Media room Liz :-)

Yes we must use it every other week one night, but not the most wasted room in the house, never use the living room, Maybe one meal a year in the dinning room. I read a survey and most people my age with grown children only use 3 or 4 rooms in their home.

devida
05-15-2014, 06:30 AM
You do realize that men have historically worn nightgown? They are more commonly called "nightshirts" these days but they are the same thing. The men's styles tend to have longer sleeves and are made from coarser fabrics, but they are basically the same.

I wear exactly the same nightgown as my wife. Well almost. My favorite has shorter sleeves. She calls mine a a nightshirt. I wore it when my daughter and grand daughter came to visit and I wore it when I visited friends. Nobody has ever even raised an eyebrow. Nighshirts or nightgowns for men may be a bit old fashioned but they are part of the culture. If I could find a nightcap that was cute I would wear that too for the full Winkle :)

Jenny Doolittle
05-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Recently, that is how we have enjoyed our morning coffee on the deck.

DonnaT
05-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Funny My wife wears pjs I wear nightgowns go figure

Mine too, but we do have one negligee set matching, hers in white, mine in black.

MustangGirl
05-15-2014, 01:56 PM

I have a couple of men's "nightshirts", and I also have several Hanes Her Way cotton nightgowns, they are a lot like a t shirt, but have a cap sleeve. I like the HHW way more than the others. My wife mostly wears PJ's, but at times will wear a night gown.

She has been close friends with a women for over 40 years. When she comes to visit, we sit in the living room, them in their PJ's, and me in my nightgown. The first time we did this, her friend comments on my nightshirt, and the wife says, it's a HHW cotton nightgown, her friend asked where we got them, she thought it looked comfy.

Diedre
05-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Depending on what is going on, we change around 8:00 pm and lounge around. I have two pretty basic nylon gowns; one long and one knee length. And we have matching long sleeve black silk gowns just past knee length.

My wife prefers pajamas and has several nice pair from Secrets in Lace. I usually wear panties and pantyhose with my gown and my wife is fine with that. She accepts I am wired a little different and says life is too short to fret over an issue like this.

While I would love a double layered nylon negligee, I don't push the issue with anything too feminine.