PDA

View Full Version : CD's, do u STILL get an adrenaline high from it?

docrobbysherry
05-08-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm in my, what? 17th year of dressing? When I dress in private, I often get the same high I did when I started. From the way the foundations, prosthesis, heels, etc. feel. Sitting down on a big squishy tush. Not being able to see to fasten anything below my forms without a mirror. Bumping into things with my fuller figure!:o

And then when I'm finished? Looking in the mirror is STILL the ultimate rush!:D

I supposed dressing would become routine by this time for me?:eek:

Long time CD's, does dressing STILL blow your hair back? The same way it did when u started? If so, any idea why?:brolleyes:

Rachael Leigh
05-08-2014, 12:35 AM
No question about it, yes it's such a rush maybe not as much as it use to be but when that wig goes on the makeup looks good it's amazing. Now that I shop and even try on clothes mostly en drab too that's kinda the same too, keeps it kinda new.

Chickhe
05-08-2014, 12:47 AM
...well, no not exactly. It is different. At first I felt a rush because it was a forbidden activity, it was almost a fantasy dedicated to CDing and now that I am okay with it, the result is more like amazement that it is possible and I am more realistic. There is still excitement in going out, but I noticed the other day, when I was out, I almost forgot I was dressed as I carried on with my other activities. ...but there is a slight rush when I look in the mirror and see it is still possible to look good.

Beverley Sims
05-08-2014, 12:59 AM
The fascination has not disappeared yet.
The rush is still there,maybe not the same as .... When I was twenty. :)

Charla McBee
05-08-2014, 02:11 AM
There's still a rush as I anticipate getting dressed up and especially when I get started but it's nothing like when I was a teenager and would physically shake from the adrenaline.

Rachelakld
05-08-2014, 02:35 AM
no adrenaline anymore, and some days when I'm sitting pretty having coffee in a mall, I'm missing my family time, wondering if the family is awake yet, what are they doing or planning to do, so my outings are getting shorter. When Josie is out to keep me company, I could totally enjoy the whole day, but it's still not adrenaline, it's just super relaxing.

Traceyjo
05-08-2014, 04:12 AM
I've been dressing for about 24 years and it definitely still provides an adrenaline rush for me. The intensity of the high and sexual arousal has diminished a bit from the early years but but all those feelings you describe Sherry are there for me too, particularly that first look in the mirror once I am fully transformed.
Such a delightful sensation of intense pleasure

stephNE
05-08-2014, 05:53 AM
No, I haven't felt that for a long long time.
When I'm out, I feel very relaxed, as though it is quite normal (which it is for me).
Occasionally I feel a little anxiety, when I find my self in a place where I feel like I'm being watched, or noticed, or don't seem to fit in.

Renee
05-08-2014, 06:04 AM
After over 50 years of dressing I must say that the rush, while maybe not as great as it was when I was in my teens or 20's, is still there. The anticipation that I feel when I know that I will have some time to dress and when I go shopping is really still the same as it has always been though.

Erica Marie
05-08-2014, 06:16 AM
Years ago I did get a rush seeing a complete transformation from male to female. Looking in the mirror and seeing a complete different person. Now for me it is so different. I tend to stay more towards a natural and casual look. Did away with all my wigs and Im trying to find a more gender neutral look. So no matter what cloths I wear I am still seeing myself, just wearing different cloths.

njcddresser
05-08-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm still relatively new to dressing but the rush I receive each time is amazing!!

Kate Simmons
05-08-2014, 07:18 AM
What gives me a natural "high" these days RS is a night of dancing en femme at the club and moving the positive energy around. :battingeyelashes::)

Melissa in SE Tn
05-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Sherry , the forum numbers for new, active & total members will help explain that cding is growing & correspondingly is an adrenaline rush . Oh , what a feeling... Peace , Mel

Talisker
05-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Yes but
1. Some of thrill has gone since SO knows
2. After a few days of regular dressing it wears off and don't feel and need for some months or whenever I next see cute chick / dress.

NicoleScott
05-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Yes. But the rush doesn't start when I look into the mirror after I have transformed. It begins as I am laying out my clothes on the bed and getting the makeup out. The rush is in the process as well as the finished product.

Nadine Spirit
05-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Nope no rush anymore and that is the way I wanted it to be. I did not like the highs and lows of the mood swings. I just wanted to feel normal and that is finally how I feel. Whether I am dressed as boy me or girl me, I now just feel like me. I don't get a rush from dressing as a boy or from dressing as a girl.

typhoidmary
05-08-2014, 12:10 PM
I don't get so much of a rush as I do just feeling like I'm being myself, it just feels right. I'd be a lot more scared going out looking masculine these days because I'd feel so awkward and uncomfortable. I do still get kind of excited when I have a really nice new piece of clothing, or a new way of doing my makeup or hair. I guess I'm not an exciteable kind of person in general.

Michaelasfun
05-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Absolutely! Love love love the dressing, makeup, and exhilaration that goes with seeing myself dressed, makes me feel great about myself. Glad to hear it's such a long lasting effect!

Chari
05-08-2014, 12:26 PM
In the beginning - before I fully accepted and understood my feminine side, everything about female attire gave me a "rush"! Now after many years of dressing it has become more of an every day routine, but I love every moment of it! Enjoy.

Gypsy Sam
05-08-2014, 12:30 PM
When the imagination is actively engaged the adrenaline flows. "The rush" is that process, and of course how you perceive yourself becomes the larger process. Usually sexual satisfaction is part of the scenario for me. Others may channel differently. Those who are younger enjoy yourself now while the physical is so intense.

Martha G
05-08-2014, 12:32 PM
When I look in the mirror and look 15 to 20 years younger, most definitely!

Confucius
05-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Well, it certainly isn't adrenaline. Adrenaline is associated with increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, and strength, but it is not associated with gratification, pleasure, a sense of well being or social empathy. I would speculate that our brains are hard-wired such that stimulation of one sensory pathway leads to automatic and involuntary response in a second sensory pathway. So our brains respond to cross-dressing just as if we were in contact with a female and releases neurotransmitters to produce the sensations of well-being, pleasure, gratification and bonding. Since our brains are thinking "contact with a female" the neurotransmitters would be: (1) dopamine - the driver, the expectation of gratification, rewards behavior, and important in sex, (2) serotonin - contributes to the sense of well-being and happiness, and (3) Oxytocin - important for bonding and intimacy, comfort, trust, and sensation of love. There may be other neurotransmitters but those are the main ones. I started cross-dressing at a very early age and it was not sexually stimulating at all - it was just for fun. When my testosterone levels were high then the cross-dressing experience was very much sexual. As I have aged my cross-dressing is more about comfort and a sense of well-being.

StacyLynn
05-08-2014, 01:01 PM
I don't think I ever had an adrenaline rush per se. There was definitely some sexual elements when I was younger. But now I just feel relaxed and comfortable when I dress. It's a calming thing for me. The only rush I really experience now is some excitement prior to dressing when I'm anticipating it. And of course when I get new clothes to try on :)

Chari
05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Always a "rush"!

Wildaboutheels
05-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Most folks have heard of an organization called National Geographic. They HAVE been around a very long time. For a very good reason. They are well respected by anyone with _________________.

They have this show called Brain Games......

It shows beyond any shadow of a doubt what goes on in/how our Human Brains operate.

ALL CDers are Human and what you describe is "just" normal for most.

Except for ALL those CDers who never "had one" while "dressed".

AllieSF
05-08-2014, 01:22 PM
For me, no, I do not get that great high when finished dressing and looking in the mirror as I did when I first started dressing. I do always look in the mirror at my finished self, normally from the waist up because that bathroom counter is in the way. I take a quick look at my face, smile out of happiness and then smile one more time realizing again how I am able to pull all this off before heading out the door. It is not that euphoric feeling I used to have when looking in that same mirror at the beginning being amazed at how I could change form and presentation so greatly. It is now a feeling of contentment and satisfaction that I can still to that same transformation. My highs are more subtle now and involve more my continuing experiences out and much less how I look.

Adriana Moretti
05-08-2014, 03:43 PM
kinda, sorta?? maybe.....adrenaline rush is not the right term...at least for me..its not adrenaline pumping thru my veins....but i do enjoy it still, it hasnt worn off...it isnt sexual either.....i dunno what it is...but i like it..... like most things we do I cant explain it.....but it sure is nice.

wanda66
05-08-2014, 05:33 PM
At first the excitement was overwhelming and ended sexualy .. Now it's a rush with a soothing effect looking in the mirror and seeing that I can look attractive. Sex no longer plays a role

Megan Briana
05-08-2014, 06:14 PM
I must be honest here... I took a few months or so off from CDing. But today, out of the blue, I was struck with a desire to slide into a dress and slip on the heels again. It wasn't as if I had been trying to forget about it. I just woke up one morning and didn't do anything with it. But today, for some reason I can't figure out, the rush was back! I came back to this forum and amazed myself by remembering my info. And after dinner tonight, when I am sure no neighbors are likely to stop by, I plan and slipping into something more... me.... The rush is there, but I am pretty sure that is more from my hiatus. I will have to update this opinion soon... wish me smiles :)

BLUE ORCHID
05-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Sherry, after almost 67 years of dressing I still get a hi.
I really don't want to look in the mirror till I put my wig on.

suchacutie
05-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Tina is an incredible adventure. She the part of me that was hidden and not understand. Every time Tina visits is a new experience. Add to thaf all the incredible details of dressing and the experience boggles the mind!

Tracii G
05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I do still get a thrill out of it to some degree.

Apache1201
05-08-2014, 11:14 PM
I have to agree with Adriana. It isn't really an adrenaline rush, it is something more, and different, and somewhat addicting. I love to dress and see myself as I emerge from my colorless male existence and shine in all my colorful feminine finery. The rush that I always had at the beginning has transmuted into an overall feeling of contentment and "rightness". It isn't sexual... but it isn't platonic either. It is a combination, or intertwining of both, and as Adriana says, "it sure is nice." I will continue to evolve and develop Leah as often and much as I can, and have started on a regimen of Pueraria Mirifica to help me develop in other areas as well, with quite astounding results. I didn't think it would work as well as it has, but I am pleasantly surprised and will keep going to see which road this will take Leah down...