PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Lonely...

redwildberry7
05-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Hi girls. I'm a newbie here, but a long time cross dresser. I've been craving attention, and been very lonely lately. Sometimes I cry a bit just out of being lonely. Laying in bed just with my pillows sobbing. It sucks not having friends to just dress up with and talk about girly things. Craigslist has been extremely dissatisfying for me, and other dating sites do not allow dressers. It's hard to just find friends. Does anyone ever feel this loneliness, or am I just too sensitive?

Beverley Sims
05-09-2014, 01:56 AM
If you are just starting out, expect to feel lonely for a while, eventually things do change and you will find that special friend.

trisha kobichenko
05-09-2014, 02:04 AM
can be a lonely journey until you find there are a lot of folks on the same path.

Katey888
05-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Isabella, I think what you're describing can be common regardless of whether you CD or not... :hugs:

Sometimes life has periods like that, particularly in our younger years. I remember that it seemed the harder I tried to have more friends, the tougher it would be... it always seemed to be when I was more relaxed about life, the easier it was to make friends - particularly GFs... of course, I wasn't telling them my deepest secret...

Be patient - be happy with you are... have you looked for a local TG support group? That may help... :)

Katey x

noeleena
05-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Hi.

Lonely yes life can be or the other side i prefered my own company and was not bothered being by myself.

Well if you look down below there are many crossdressing clubs groups you may care to look at and may find a group near you.

I on the other hand have joined many groups as a member as an idear im an Edwardian woman and we dress in those times 1900 to 1914.

Renaissance 1400 to 1700. the SCA, we reinact those times and im very involved we have 250 members come to our week long camp. yeap all dressed up .

Im a uniformed member of our Oamaru Garrison Brass Band .

and theres other groups im a member of. i dont know what your interests are .....

I will say this for our Renaissance group many of the members thought i was taking on the personer of a woman of the times , that was something i never thought of any way they thought it was so neat and to do that would take guts to carry it off.

Till they realised i was a female...... ooop's,,,,,, and i have been accepted very warmly as such. i fit in and take part in so much to well known now ,

So there are many opening's just it's over to you to take the first step. im well accepted in the other groups .

Okay was i afraid to join , oh yes for sure, i did not think because of my difference that i would be accepted, i was very hesitant so i rang up and said a little about myself .

no drama just. people were not sure so it was like oh dear what have we here,

because i have male facial features some thought i was a male dressed as like a woman they like the others soon found out different, ....i'v been with our groups now some 4 years,

we can talk about any thing we are close theres no holds bared its just family, you just let people have time to see you get to know you and you become a part of the group .

its like most groups your the new comer, and after a short time you wellcome others in .

and im on three commitees , gee that was funny i did not ask to go on i was told your on , ummm do i get a say in this,,,,,,,,, nope .... oh.... can i think about....... nope. oh......so you see i was accepted and they made sure i was a part of our groups,

you look at my photo. i dont look feminine or like a female did not matter my looks did not count they saw the person for who she is and that is what matters,

The photo was taken at our Scottish weekend Nov last year, and we had 50 members , yes it was lovely,

i get asked so much can you do this,,,,,,,or....

Hope this helps, email me and have a natter, if youd like to,

...noeleena...

PaulaQ
05-09-2014, 04:21 AM
Hey hon, you should lookup the meetup.com group AtlantaTransgender - they are a CD & TG folks who meetup for fun and friendship, not hookups like craigslist. They meet next weekend - you should sign up and go to the event! It seems like a great way to make some like minded friends.

reb.femme
05-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Hi RedWildBerry,

I don't mean for this to sound condescending in any way or diminish what you are saying, so I hope it comes across as intended. We are all entitled to feel sorry for ourselves for a while so don't beat yourself up over it. It's how long it lasts that is the worry but seeing as you already recognise this, you're half way there, IMHO.

I had a period of real despair about 16 years back (but not to derail thread) and it seemed at the time like the entire universe was about to cave in. Luckily, a guy (and his wife) I had only recently got to know, turned out in retrospect to be my personal sanity saviour.

Hang in there, but as others have said, this place is a good sounding board but additionally, seek out a group in your area. Good old human contact is a great panacea for the loneliness ills. I hope things improve for you, as I know how dark it can get.

Rebecca

Just read Paula Q - what better than a personal recommendation for a contact place? Happy future!

erickka
05-09-2014, 05:21 AM
Firstly, welcome to our little world. (I see you only have 9 posts) Nextly, I see you are in Atlanta. That is the home of the SCC which is a large annual transgender event, which is coming up very soon. I have never been, but there are a lot of girls here who have. I'm sure (if you are ready) you could attend and meet many people, and maybe befriend a few.

Lynn Marie
05-09-2014, 06:13 AM
CDing is an inherently lonely sport. Although a great many of us get out and make friends and have a wonderful time, I don't believe it is the norm with girls of our ilk. The ball is in your court, come on out and join us. Cyberspace friends are pretty much a joke. Real live flesh and blood friends are the very essence of life it self!

kimdl93
05-09-2014, 07:58 AM
How about getting out in the real world. I am sure there is a TG support group in Atlanta. Avoid the dating sites altogether.

Jorja
05-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Hi Red,
You live in Atlanta. There is a fairly large trans community there. Get involved in a support group or a meetup group. Go out to the Trans friendly clubs in the area. Contact the local LBGT organizations. I am sure they can set you on the right path to meet others. Post a message in the Places to Go Places to Meet section of this forum. There are several girls from Atlanta area here.

JessicaJJ
05-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Your the same age as meee! loneliness is a terrible thing and confidence at our age is like nill, is there any groups where you live that you could join, also are you gay, bi, straight reason I ask is I have a friend who went through the same stuff and he joined clubs around his area he's gay and he found out that some of the guys he was with also dressed as well so it lead to many good things and now I've never seen him so happy.

Also how comfortable are you dressing and going out in public like it? I know it takes a lot to do it first time round but once you get used to It then the joy that over comes you when you are dressing in public is over whelming and a real booster to how you feel generally, trouble with cross dressing is we are always worried about what people are going to think...but to hell with them I've been doing it since 6 years old and quite happy go out dressed as a full girl, or half boy half girl what ever suits me on the day.

Alice Torn
05-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Been there doing that! Atlanta must have some CD TG support groups. I know lonliness all too well. I wish he would go away. I am 60, live far from Chicago, the nearest groups, too low income to drive that far. Single for life. I think there are more of us than most realize. We can help neighbors, or strangers, but lets face it, even if you help every person in town, if you have no special someone, lke we don't, it gets lonely at times, especialyy weekends. I know all about having personals on Craigslist. Every guy wants sex, period, with few exceptions. It is very tough to be a CD, in a church, too, as it is not accepted , unless the church is extremely liberal. Some of us are conservtives, believe it or not!! Maybe a 12 step group, like Alanon, AA, Codependents Anonymous. Or, Adult Children Anonymous. I have been to all.

Thom2332
05-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm with you, the only cd'er friends I have are on the internet on experienceproject.com. There are not very many options in my area as far as craigslist is concerned (I think there is only 1 person on in my area looking for cd friends). I know there is no substitute for in-person friends, but there are a lot of good people on this website.

BLUE ORCHID
05-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi RWB, This can be a very lonely game that we play.

cdkateinboston
05-10-2014, 12:02 AM
If you are just starting out, expect to feel lonely for a while, eventually things do change and you will find that special friend.

I have to, of course and most directly say with respect, disagree whole heartedly here. The best of this site came forward when I needed it to in my own personal crisis. There are a great many girls on here that are here just to support one another. I love that about this site. You will of course come across girls on this site that think because they are of a certain age or they have posted so many posts that they are better then you, but so goes the story with any random group of people brought together by something. Anyways I think, with appropriate outreach, this blog is unbelievable when it comes to support, because we are all living it. I want to do anything I can to support any active member on this site who needs help who has reached out, you included girl!