PDA

View Full Version : Cue the pity-party music...

MsVal
05-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm too mature to be disappointed about something so trivial, but I am.

I've been looking forward to an outing with the local chapter of a crossdressers support group that was scheduled for this evening. It would be my second visit, my first one dressed. I was so excited. I went out and bought a whole spring outfit to wear and can't wait to show the gals what it looks like. While getting ready to go, I double checked the meeting's location and discovered that it had been postponed. What's worse, it was moved to an evening that is already taken by a fun trip with my sweet wife.

<sigh>

There's one more get together before they go dark for the summer. It's a picnic in June. I hope that it doesn't rain.

Cue the pity-party music...

Best wishes
MsVal

Christen
05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Well, Ms. Val, at least you're getting out. More than I can ever say. No pity-party music here.

Christen x

samantha rogers
05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Val...see my Pm...you may get a chance before June...tee hee.
Hugs
Sammie

BLUE ORCHID
05-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Hi Val, It's always family first.

Adriana Moretti
05-11-2014, 12:17 AM
i hate pity partys..but this one is well deserved...and family does come first ...i hate when that kinda stuff happens

Princess Grandpa
05-11-2014, 01:06 AM
A real tough break. Sorry!

Hug
Rita

PaulaQ
05-11-2014, 01:09 AM
You are allowed to feel disappointment hon - you were really looking forward to it, and it sucks that it changed in a way that conflicts with your schedule. That's a perfectly reasonable way to feel.

:hugs:

Marcelle
05-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Hi Ms Val,

Sorry to hear about the postponement and reschedule to less than optimum time for you. However, just think how great that picnic will be . . . can you say "summer dress".

Hugs

Isha

Cheryl T
05-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your meeting cancellation...sometimes things like that happen.
I was about to go to my 1st ever meeting (with my wife) and it turned out to be the night we had a blizzard. I kept telling myself it wasn't that bad, I could drive safely in it, but in the end it just wasn't going to happen.

If it rains in June...bring an umbrella....

Adriana Moretti
05-11-2014, 09:25 AM
this JUST happened to me too...I think you jinxed me ! ....My mom was set for a nice 4 day vacation ( shes ALWAYS takiing vaca's).....and it got cancelled...I was so looking forward to 4 days of freedom in June....back to the drawing board for me

Katey888
05-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Double dose of violins for MsVal and Adriana then...

:violin:

Your day(s) will come.... :D

Katey x

Beverley Sims
05-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Val,
Sometimes our best laid plans do go astray. :)

~Joanne~
05-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I am starting to see that if I don't plan anything I have a better chance of it happening. Seems planned events always go astray. Sorry to hear that the meeting got cancelled on you :(

MsVal
05-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Adraina, you may have my unused tissues. I'm done with them for now.

Life goes on, and in my case that means working on a household renovation. It involves lots of things that are physically demanding, leaves me sweaty (er... glowing), exhausted, and not at all tense about the missed opportunity. A whole lot of life's problems are made better with power tools.

Works every time.

This morning I woke to a note from a local gal, Samantha Rogers. She wrote to say that the outing has been postponed once again. This time it landed on a date that was completely open on our big ol' family calendar (the final arbiter of schedules). The date is no longer open. <grin> What's more, she will be the featured speaker. This is gonna be good, it will be after Memorial Day, and I can wear my new white outfit without risking the scorn of the fashion police.

Adraina, when your fate changes and you are able to have some quality time, please tell me about it. I may want to ask you to return the tissues.

Best wishes
MsVal