PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "inner child" experience.

ShelbyDawn
05-11-2014, 11:32 AM
I have been working with my therapist on some issues through a process called guided meditation. She has provided me some recordings to use and the one I like best is an Inner Child meditation. The idea is that through the meditation, you reconnect with the child inside yourself. Kinda cool and actually helps. Anyway, the child I encounter during these meditations has always been the same, me, a small boy, at about the age of 5 or 6, until a few days ago, when I encountered a small girl, long brown hair, pretty pink dress, etc...

I have been thinking about this a bit and am not really sure what it means, it would be understandable to interpret it as validation of my feminine side and therefore my crossdressing but that might be too easy...
I will see my therapist on Tuesday and am sure we will discuss this for a while.

If nothing else, I thought this would be an interesting topic for discussion and where better to go than our little corner of the world to tap into the wealth of wisdom in these forums.
So, ladies, what do you think?

Beverley Sims
05-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Shelby,
Most of these exercises are to encourage you to use your imagination and search through your mind for something tangible from your past.

I get a similar release of thoughts by reading the forum here and remembering things that I had forgotten long ago.

I read back on some of them now and they don't always appear in the way I thought about them originally.

Time does distort the mental process.

Kate Simmons
05-11-2014, 06:55 PM
I approached this some years ago with my therapist.There was a young boy, a young girl and a young shadow like being that were all parts of the whole me as a person. The shadow being which was genderless was the nexus between the young boy and young girl. Until I was able to access that shadow being my changing of genders was out of my control and just random.Once I accepted the nexus, I controlled the reins in my life and became self directed in view of gender and pretty much everything else.The key was no longer being afraid or ashamed of my feelings and taking full ownership of them and utilizing them to my advantage rather than my detriment. :)

Rachelakld
05-12-2014, 03:24 AM
Ahhh, the finding of the inner girl, a projection of self, or a second self?

Beware, as time moves, the boy will fade and the girl get stronger, and she eventually drives the bus.

Katey888
05-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Feasible. Shelby - a lot goes on in our heads and eventually comes together to make us the complete individuals we are... :thinking:

I have many recollections of childhood and girls and what they meant to me - but I think on the whole they are overwhelmed by my teenage memories and what girls had come to mean to me then... ;)

On the whole, I have more and stronger memories of girl friends from that time than other lads... perhaps that's relevant too?

I know I have deep and lasting memories of fashions from junior and senior schools... the mid to late-70s were great fashion development times...

Perhaps I'll think more on my inner child now - good thoughts... :D

Katey x

Marcelle
05-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi Shelby,

The "guided meditation" is a process which allows us to be introspective with ourselves (examine what we are passionate about). Connecting with one's inner child during these exercises allow us to explore that which is almost innocent in nature (free from restrictions sort of speak). Seeing yourself as a little boy is common as you are male and have that as a frame of reference. The girl aspect could be just a depiction of your inner feminine soul or just how you choose to see yourself on this journey. Definitely good discussion topic with your therapist.

Hugs

Isha

sabrinaedwards
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM
I have always felt that it would help me to see a female therapist and to have discussions while I was Sabrina. Other than this forum, I have never really been able to discuss my inner feminine side. I hope that your time in therapy helps you.