PDA

View Full Version : What did she just say???

Donnagirl
05-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Sometimes my wife really amazes me, sometimes good, sometimes not so much.... Last night, watching the news, the Euroviosion sing contest winner was shown to some confusion to my kids. Amongst the comments were, "That lady's got a beard", from my youngest.

"No", said the wife, "She's just a man who likes to wear a dress. Just like your father!"

I must have done the classic double take, thinking what the... But no reaction from the kids, just a shrug and an OK... Nothing more was said.

The next few days may be interesting.....

Rachael Leigh
05-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Yeah that would make me crawl into hole, however my wife really doesn't want anyone to know I dress so unless she's just in a bad mood don't think she would say that.

Beverley Sims
05-11-2014, 03:11 PM
I think some people comment without thinking sometimes.

Jules Spirit
05-11-2014, 03:57 PM
I guess that would be a little shocking if you two never decided to tell to kids, but it also shows how relaxed and comfortable she is with you being a cross dresser. It seems like she said it without being scared or worried, just matter of factly. I would take it as a compliment not something to worry about.
Also don't you want your children to grow to be compassionate and open adults? This could be a perfect opportunity for you to educate your children about the whole of the world, which contains all types of people.
Good luck!

kimdl93
05-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Well, maybe the kids already know more than you think!

BLUE ORCHID
05-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi Donna, It sounds like your wife knows about your program.

jjjjohanne
05-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Do you have a beard?

Donnagirl
05-13-2014, 05:42 AM
Beard, no... In fact I could not grow one if I tried!

The wife has since sort of apologised saying that the words just slipped out. I don't think I mind that much... I'm a little over all the secrecy, all the hiding and would like to be a little more 'open' in choice of clothing. This may have been a blessing in disguise.

I'll try not to push the envelope to much, but I do anticipate a few changes. Here's hoping...

Cheers,

Teresa
05-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Hi Donna,
I'm getting more comments like that but only between my wife and myself but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before she slips up !
Are your kids old enough to pick up on the comment or was is so off the wall it didn't register with them ? Would you prefer it they didn't know ?

Donnagirl
05-13-2014, 08:47 AM
The kids are definitely old enough to pick it up and have. I don't think they are that worried, but I would not want to push it to far. Definitely not ready to see me in a full ball gown, but this may have broken the ice enough to start small and see where we go.

Andy66
05-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Sounds like maybe the kids dont mind. Turns out my teenage boy and I both think cds are lovely... of our own ages, of course. The nut doesnt fall far from the tree.