PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Syndrome - The clock has struck Midnight

Amy Pond
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
I am curious how many of you gals have the same feeling I have while dressed and out in public. It seems the day/night just isn't long enough (so much we want to do) and there are forces beyond our control that reign us back in from our wonderful time out in the world. When Cinderella has to return home because the clock is working against us.

I was out this past Sunday, in my skirt/blouse outfit and Mary Jane Black heels, to go to the mall (my first time at that), shopping at a dress store (first time at a boutique) and then the standard stores, Target and Shoe Carnival. Then I went to the public park area by the river and just walked around and enjoyed the nice weather and scenery. The day was running out, and the dreaded "clock", the shadow face, began to appear. The realization that I could not put enough make-up on to cover or smooth out the rough edges. Midnight was coming, and it was time to go home.

It was a great day, and nothing, it seems lasts forever. I enjoyed the day and how I have gained more and more self confidence at going out. Realizing most of the fear I have is not with the public at large, but from my own self generated fears. I am slaying those fears, its just to bad I can't make the day go past midnight.

The good news is there is always tomorrow,and I can start again. Do others feel the same way about how we seem to fight the clock like Cinderella while out?

Adriana Moretti
05-12-2014, 11:17 PM
yea i was just discussing this today with another gal i am going to meetup with we want to do brunch on sunday...yet go out at night...late...although this is a problem ( for us that day) I would still file it under a GOOD problem to have. But yea I hear ya on that.....I think I even used the Cindarella phrase when we were trying to make a gameplan

docrobbysherry
05-13-2014, 12:44 AM
I guess it all depends on how u dress when u go out? After a long nite out, I'm thrilled to be able to release my tite tuck. Pull off the waist cinchers and girdles cutting me in half, and the 4 1/2"+ heels that have destroyed my toes after hours of walking and dancing.

Never mind the sweat inducing silicone prosthesis! If I wanted comfort, I'd go out in my male drabs.

Beverley Sims
05-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Shaving wise, I can go 36 hours, fair hair and slow growth really helps.

Kate Simmons
05-13-2014, 03:35 AM
I actually like it when the beard shadow begins to re-appear. It makes me appreciate all the more the time I enjoy en femme. If course if one really hates being a guy I guess that could be somewhat of a "downer". :battingeyelashes::)

JenniferYager
05-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Yeah, there are times I just want to make it last a bit longer. BUT, the nice thing is you can take it off and go back to guy mode. In essence, you get to have fun in the girl world without being caged by it.

kimdl93
05-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Very much so. My opportunities to dress have been constrained somewhat in recent months so I really treasure each moment that I have and dread the moment when I have to turn back.

carhill2mn
05-13-2014, 04:43 PM
The answer is "Yes"! Even though I am able to present as a woman about 90% of the time I am still sad when I have to go back to "drab".

Amy Pond
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks gals for the great responses! I figured I wasn't alone in thinking that way. Definitely makes me appreciate the precious hours I have to go out and have fun. The good news is I get to go back and do it again! That is not so bad, practice makes perfect, especially in the make-up area. :-)

Amy

KaceyR
05-13-2014, 08:20 PM
yup..I also un into this. Although it seems I've been able to do a good enough job makeup-wise that I'll feel the stubble coming but it doesn't seem to show thru (or maybe too much concealer/foundation heh). At least for awhile. But I do wonder on "long days" out. I've made up at 12-1PM-ish, gone out...and hitting the bars,etc later have wondered how long I really have before it's too bad. Like my Grand Rapids trips.. If I literally got things going perfectly, I could get home from work at 6:30AM.. technically do up makeup and dress by 8:30-9. But there's still 12-13 hours to go for the timing of meeting end and if we would end up at the bar. And I'm probably not fast enough and too self conscious to do a real good job redoing the shave and makeup at the meeting house on the fly. (hard enough to do good lines on brow or lips when calm at home let alone pressured to get done in fast time. So it's a conundrum. On the plus side...if it's a bar, then at lest the lighting isn't usually too strong to show.. :) On that 3hr drive over I think on it and think 'man, that's a waste of makeup/Kacey time..:)

And yes afterwards, I also hate to take it off. I don't want Kacey to ever vanish when I've done complete makeupping, etc in the day. So it's always a bit of a downer.
If only I could do a good outing with real minimal makeup. But it's a constant to need concealer/foundation to be right.

BLUE ORCHID
05-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi Amy, It sounds like you were dressed to fit right in.

Lexi Moralas
05-14-2014, 07:47 AM
I have always dreaded havering to turn back into a pumpkin !

tightsplease1986
05-14-2014, 09:46 AM
Well as I'm not a '100%' crossdresser even when I am wearing a skirt and tights, my only real qualm is that my leg hair keeps growing back. I really do want perfectly smooth legs like a lady, but it is so difficult as a guy to shave them cleanly. Even the downy hair still has a habit of finding the little holes in my leg wear! I'm sure that if I take this stuff to the next stage I might start thinking about the facial hair thing more too...