susan jackson
05-15-2014, 04:59 AM
She said to me: "How can I help you?"

I replied "I would like you to help me to become a woman"

"OK," she said. "I will see what I can do"

Watch this space...

I Am Paula
05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
A rather cryptic post. That must have been one very short appointment.

susan jackson
05-15-2014, 06:36 AM
A rather cryptic post. That must have been one very short appointment.

The whole appointment lasted about 10 minutes

I went in, dressed as Susan, knowing exactly what I was going to say, armed with letters from my previous Doctor and a gender identity clinic I have been a patient at!

Heather-Hill
05-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Hi Susan, coincidentally I too had an appointment with my doctor to discuss my GID and request HRT. I think I should have taken a leaf out of your book and gone dressed as Heather. Mind you my wife would have freaked had I done so.

The outcome was positive and I have been referred to an endocrinologist. Without their say so UK doctors will not prescribe such medication.

I wish you luck sweetheart, you seem very focused.

Hugs
Heather X

I Am Paula
05-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Sounds like you went in well prepared. And congratulations!

Diana L
05-15-2014, 10:27 AM
I did it in a similar way. My Dr. Had been treating me for depression and anxiety for a couple of years. She did know I was having gender difficulties. None of the antidepressant medications worked and I was very close to ending it all. I finally realised I needed to try something else. After discussing hrt with my wife I researched what meds I felt I needed. I took this information to my Dr. Dressed in a nice skirt and blouse and told her I had an epiphany. Before I left her office I had prescriptions for hrt meds. The funny thing is that when she walked into the exam room and saw me dressed as a female she never batted an eye. She was extremely professional.

Cheryl123
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm so happy for you Susan. That's all you needed to say because there's really nothing more that needs to be said. (Of course you already are a woman and have been since the day you were born).

Barbara Ella
05-15-2014, 05:26 PM
It is so great when girls have a local doctor who will listen and care. I had to go to Chicago and talk to a doctor there to get my HRT. My next biggie will be going to my local clinic and doctor and telling him, and asking him to just treat my medical needs, recognizing that I am a woman on HRT, and will wear women's clothing, and have breasts. This at a clinic that has already refused HRT treatment, not just a doctor, on religious grounds, but the entire clinic has refused. Carle Clinic, Urbana, IL.

Good for you on your handling of this in such an open way Susan, and best of luck on your progress.

Barbara

Starling
05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
My regular therapist, whom I have been seeing--"as needed"--for more than twenty years, accepted the real me without hesitation, and hugged me when our "first" session was over. I love professionalism.

:) Lallie